• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

soju

SD God
Marth on small stages like yoshi, uber hard for me and i usually have to use pikachu, any tips to get some space for projectiles that isn't spamming the hell out of nairs?

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I cant help you ther soju lol i avoid playing marth with low tiers...i have this char called "sheik" i use her for it.

ehh Fox. very rough. FD against him? FoD? idk. lol i use mario for that mu. i honestly thin mario is almost even with fox if not its 55 in foxs favor.

rhan

Smash Hero
Vs. Marth is probably my most hated and most knowledgeable match-up as Young Link/Samus.

Once you get around his infinite bull****. He's pretty feeble.

soju

SD God
dang. . . i guess ill just stick with pikachu if it ever so happens i have to fight marth up close and personal

soju

SD God
=3= well pika is my main so i already know all i have to do with marth, especially on stages like yoshi or battlefield, I just really like using young link and plan on having him as a secondary :B

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Same here more or less. Young link is my campy alternative for matchups where's I'm too scared to get close with pikachu. Difference is I don't know how to handle marth very well.

soju

SD God
against marth pika would want to get up in marths grill and wont give him the chances to space out, and it is wise to get some damaged stacked on you, around 70-80 would be good, so he cant combo you and really can only kill with a fsmash.

But back to the topic of Y. Link, I always wanted to know if he can bomb jump, and if you do it differently from adult link's way

rhan

Smash Hero
No he can't. Only way to "technically" bomb jump is to have the bomb explode on you upon recovery which is unlikely to happen unless you got knocked away with a bomb in your hand.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
How do you guys feel about ylinks mus? are they accurate or do you think they should be changed. i do think he has at least a 50/50 or 55/45(puff)against puff.

rhan

Smash Hero
People won't believe that Young Link would go even with Jiggs until either me Vanz or Laijin beat HBox at Pound. Then the world will know.

imo it's like 53.2 - 46.8. Jiggs favor.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Well I am using ylink exclusively against jiggs. unless i lose horribly then ill go mario. but I usually go 50/50 with my friend's jiggs. jiggs may have a slight advantage BUT i think its all stage4 dependant. ylink has the adv on a lot of stages too. i rank it 50/50.

also i think ylink has at least a 65/35 against dk.

and its only -2 against falco

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Doesn't matter, it just means Ylink mains get even more credit for beating Mid/Upper/High/Top tier characters with a Roy tier character.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I think we need to get faster... I watched some older vids of ylinks...they were painfully slow. Ylinks wd and run speed are pretty quick. and we've got a safe nair. idk maybe we just need to speed things up...a lot. what are your guys's thoughts?

rhan

Smash Hero
Red/Black lol

I got a black/Purple controller. I play Black YLink and Purple Samus.

Yeah. Hardcore right? Haha sike I'm a loser. ._.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Against a recovering samus: Throw some boomerangs! :O Eats her bombs in the same manner as Sheik's needles do. Don't throw bombs unless shes close enough to combo into an aerial. Otherwise, it helps her recovery

rhan

Smash Hero
I shoot arrows at a recovering Samus. (When they're recovering from even with you and below.)

Boomerang is better when they're above stage level.

I enjoyed the match. Though that Samus was very slow.. lol Samus needs to keep up with characters that are faster then her..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like throwing bombs cuz the angle is too good hehe

i dont really care about helping her recovery, shes mad good at recovering anyway

i just build up damage so that she will die by nair eventually :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Young Link/Link have the best options against her bomb recovery. Arrows angles **** any kind of horizontal recovery and boomerang beats bombs plus can be angles in an upward direction lol

I'm so glad I finally get to play smash tomorrow...errr later today. And matches might get recorded if Shaeman brings the laptop. Might have a few more YL matches up. Or at least another montage (He loves putting those together).

btw haven't played since my last fest.. ._.

Halo Reach and Starcraft 2 ruined my life..

rhan

Smash Hero
Do what now?

Oh hell... is there another critique me thread created that I gotta do? lol I'll do my full critique later on today. Tired as **** at the moment.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
YEZZZZZZ. It's mine. Thanks in advance. also more vids soon and I'm playing lots better already.
btw.
whens a good time to use his dtilt and on what chars?

rhan

Smash Hero
I played 95% Young Link today.

And everything was recorded. Young Link was on point. I felt so proud. I can't wait until the montage gets made. <3

Top Bottom