• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xiivi Loves America Mafia - Game Over! Who won? DGames Copy

Pete278

Smash Lord
Pete really when you say things like that you make me lose faith in the schooling system
No, really, how? Anyone else in the game could be a vanilla townie since there's more than one, and even if everyone of them said 'yes, I'm the vanilla townie, he's not', how can you trust them more than the one you're counterclaiming?

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Ok here is something that would make sense to you

Derp herp herp derp derp herp herp derp

English "Sieg claimed vanilla towny DAY 1 wasnt counter claimed which means he is CLEARED"

Durp herpidy derpidy derpi do

"How can you counterclaim vanilla townie?"

Derp herp derpa derpa herpy derp derp

"It would be one or the other. Making it a very bad move for mafia to do day one. so unless sieg is ******** he is town. Cleared. End of story"

Derp

"The end"

Sieg

Smash Champion
I dunno, I've been called ******** multiple times over the years.

Feel free to argue your votes against me though, and I will counter claims accordingly.

Like a business really.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
he said its suicide to reveal role first day.
normally mafia kills you at night and town sometimes calls the bluff and theres a good chance he was investigated.

Pete278

Smash Lord
But, by that logic, wouldn't it make him more suss if he role revealed and survived? Plus, like I said, you can't counterclaim vanilla townie in a standard set up, so its difficult to call the bluff. I do agree with the investigation bit, however. I'd say the most likely targets for investigation would've been me, Sieg and Vyse, but Moose didn't say anything about investigations or cops.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
mafia can kill only 1 a night. and maybe they wanted a power role dead, and us to agrue whether or not sieg is town.

the fact is irrevelant since the info at the current time does not point to him. points at arrow, pete, vlade and unreon. i thought u were into this kinda of based deducing pete =P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
vlade or pete are mafia... not both.
unny could be mafia with either of them though.

kill vlade if he mafia then trust pete? yeah atm i trust pete more 2.
surely the cop can guess who to get.. with so little choices left.

not so sure on sieg anymore... but can deal with that later.
Why do you keep assuming there is more than two mafia?
Especially when the setup clearly insinuates only two Mafia exist in the game.

How can you counterclaim vanilla townie?
Pete really when you say things like that you make me lose faith in the schooling system
Could Vyse or someone who's better at phrasing things explain to me what Moose is trying to say? I still don't get it.
Pete is right.

Vanilla Town is one of the safest counterclaims a Mafia player could make in this kind of setup since it is safe to assume that this game has multiple Vanilla Townies. It's as simple as that.

Mafia wouldnt be stupid enough to counter claim a vanila towny because AT BEST it saves them for one day and doing it day one would be suicide

Jesus think for one second
If the town thinks you're scummy and it still has a cop, that extra night is vital for Mafia.
They may get lucky enough to kill a Power Role which would otherwise be able to tell town without a doubt.

Ok here is something that would make sense to you

Derp herp herp derp derp herp herp derp

English "Sieg claimed vanilla towny DAY 1 wasnt counter claimed which means he is CLEARED"

Durp herpidy derpidy derpi do

"How can you counterclaim vanilla townie?"

Derp herp derpa derpa herpy derp derp

"It would be one or the other. Making it a very bad move for mafia to do day one. so unless sieg is ******** he is town. Cleared. End of story"

Derp

"The end"
Completely wrong. Nobody can really counterclaim Vanilla Townie. Mafia could have theoretically in Rocky because I decided to throw in a single Vanilla Townie which is extremely uncommon in a set up like this one.

That is what Pete is trying to get at but you don't seem to be reading it properly or something.

This has been very revealing, but this little event will get tucked away for later.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I believe you until I see a counter-claim.

There are a plethora of reasons I want to chew your head off for at the moment, but I won't elaborate on them because I don't want to feed Mafia any ideas.

Wanting to ensure a quick day can only be a Scum tactic.

Boredom isn't a legitimate reason for claiming suddenly, but I don't think anybody should comment on it until we see a counter-claim. He's cop, so we have to live with it. I am thinking that you put some amount of thought into about why you claimed in before you did it. But, there are some serious flaws that I'll address after the game, which I hope Mafia don't catch on to.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
A mass role claim of any sort won't do anything right now.

Xiivi is a seasoned set up designer. He's told me that he enjoys making setups more than actually even playing the game. And the point I'm trying to make with that little fact is that he will have designed this game to not only prevent mass role claiming from being an effective strategy, but to discourage it from happening as well.

All you're doing to jeopardizing Town power roles. Please don't role claim yet.

unreon

Smash Ace
I have to remind you that the doc is still alive. Even if the doc isn't one of us four, then certainly one of the other three people are. It's a risky move. And then, anyone can claim Vanilla Townie and be safe with it.

That said, I don't know why I'm up for suss. Vyse, you said I've been coasting most of yesterday, when I painted my targets on Pete the entire time. Some of which are points I contributed on, others that you brought up as well. LB/Pete were linked together, but now it seems like town has forgotten that Pete existed. I switched from Pete to LB on the basis of them laying down exactly the same plays - thanks to summoner for pointing that out - and didn't mind who we put down.

I smell something fishy.

Vlade

Social Outcast
k moose.
if the sus people that being, vlade, pete and unreon reveal.. ill reveal.
Like we learnt last game, anyone dictating others about roles in a game should be considered suspicious and I don't believe arrow is an exception. I think he wants to see if any of us claim power roles before he claims anything as a safety net yet he adds 'if the sus people' to cover this motive up.

lets just get vlade then =P
dont need to mass reveal
doc should probably protect that eager cop.
As Vyse pointed out, I feel Arrow is aiming for a quick day by hunting me down as today's lynch which is scum behavior in my eyes.

Vote: Arrow

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Just FYI, the "Xiivi Impersonator" and "Britney Spears Impersonator" stuff was simply flavour that was added to the death scenes, not actually part of their role PMs. Lord Bowser was simply Mafia Godfather and SummonerAU was simply Vanilla Townie. I saw some confusion about this and decided to clear it up.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Day 2 Vote Count 2

Sieg - (0)
Pete278 - (1) Unreon (
)
undead_moose - (0)
unreon - (0)
Vyse - (0)
Vlade - (2) Pete278, xXArrowXx (
)
xXArrowXx - (1) Vlade (
)

Not Voting - Sieg, undead_moose, Vyse, (
)

Deadline for Day 2 is February 5th, 2010 7:00PM AEST. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hi. If you don't know me, I'm Tom. Nice to meet you.

If you do or don't know, there is a subforum here at SWF called Decisive Games that is completely devoted to Mafia and other games like it. A lot of you Aussie players really are good at Mafia, and I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to play with some of us. We have a series of games designed to try to bring new players into our community, and the next one is coming up and I'd like to invite you to play in it. I know that it is fun to play with people you know from your region, but I would love to see some of you branch out and come play with us. DGames is full of nice people, smashers, writers, broomers, SBR members, mods, and I think we have a cat but don't tell anyone.

If any of you are even slightly interested in playing with us, or you would like to play more than one game at a time, please check out this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9428947 . We would love to see you all in our violent neighborhood lynch mob.

Xiivi, you can go ahead and mod-kill me or something. I'm an intrusive American after all.

Top Bottom