• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You buy Marketplace points at your local store (right now they just have cards with 1600 points on them) or over Live. Live has a lot more options, the biggest option being 5,000 points for $60 I believe. You buy them though, and then you can buy anything on Live with them. Arcade games, gamer pictures, themes for your Dashboard, downloadable content, etc. Trailers and demos are free. Some things are being over charged for already... Bankshot Billiards is 1200 points to buy, which is ridiculous. Gamer pictures run about 20 points and themes usually 150 or so. Eventually you're suppose to earn Marketplace points from achievements, but Microsoft has to work out some legalities in some countries and such before that happens. Also you'll be able to sell stuff over Live to people for points... and sadly, people will be stupid enough to buy the most simple of things.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I hope all the consoles wind up with a convienent online store like that. I'm worried about the Revolutions because Nintendo is always so stubborn.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I've seen so far, yes. Check the revolution topic.

Oh, and Cashed, what format are you playing your games on? From what I've heard, if you use 480i the 360 makes your TV look pretty bad.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm running in 480i and the games look incredible. I was suppose to go play my games on my friend's 52" DLP that is 720p this weekend, but never got around to it. From the reviews though, everyone says that if you don't have an HDTV you aren't getting the full experience... and once you play it on an HDTV you won't want to play it on a regular TV again.

These things are in high demand though... I'm thinking I'm going to sell mine on ebay for some mad profit, pick up an HDTV for my room and another 360 whenever Target/Best Buy/Circuit City/etc get their next shipments.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Cashed said:
These things are in high demand though... I'm thinking I'm going to sell mine on ebay for some mad profit, pick up an HDTV for my room and another 360 whenever Target/Best Buy/Circuit City/etc get their next shipments.
High demand? No kidding. On our local news some lady spent the night in the parking lot of a store to get a 360. When she was taking it out of the car at home, a man walked up with a gun and demanded the 360. He has not been caught.

Any idea when stores will be getting the next shipments? I keep hearing different things from sites and stores.

On a side note: out of nowhere my mom was like "I should buy a 360". I'm going to try and peer pressure her into buying it. "But mom...everybody else has one".

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Chill said:
I'm going to try and peer pressure her into buying it.
You can't, because you're not one of her peers.

Your peers are people who are of equal standing to yourself. Your mother is your superior, not your peer.

mic_128 said:
mic posts another lame webcomic
Does this mean I'm allowed to censor dodge now too, or is the f-word only allowed when reposting webcomics?

Cashed said:
Yeah, I'm just going to wait until the Revolution or PS3 comes out, and Microsoft drops their price to compete.

I'm not going to spend that much money on a game console.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sadly, Medi, this will be a common trend. Games are expected to top $70 and the PS3, as rumored by MS, is to be around $500. I am waiting until all 3 are out so I can see the choice games. Now, we will see games that will be used to sell people who want a quick fix, I want games that are meant to last and have tons of replayability.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
New shipments will be in stores anywhere from tomorrow to Saturday. Microsoft is just saying "Sometime by the end of the week."

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Mediocre said:
You can't, because you're not one of her peers.
Sure I can. That's how I got her to start smoking.

I was thinking about what I said earlier,"but everyone else is doing it", and it made me think of that saying that people sometimes...say. "If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you do it?" This reminded me of the 360 ads. "Jump in." Coincidence or subliminal messages?

Crimson, whats this about $70 games?

DarkKirby26

Smash Journeyman
I actually got one today from Sears, they only got 2 and I was the first person on their list for the shipment. It's pretty sweet, but I have to get the hard drive since its the core only.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Ah yes. The X-Box 360. Only 140 of them were available in Janesville. They are all gone now. I think that one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) game for the X-Box 360 is going to be Halo 3. I know that’s a generic and cliché vote, but it’s probably true. The sales of Halo and Halo 2 were so phenomenal that Halo 3 can only boost the series even further. I say that people should expect Halo 3 to have greater sales than Halo or Halo 2 ever did. Graphics are going to be extraordinary, there will be new features, new weapons, new story, and more online play. Oh yes. There will be blood. (Don’t know if you get that or not.) Halo 3 will own.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Sephiroth27 said:
I think that one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) game for the X-Box 360 is going to be Halo 3. I know that’s a generic and cliché vote, but it’s probably true. The sales of Halo and Halo 2 were so phenomenal that Halo 3 can only boost the series even further. I say that people should expect Halo 3 to have greater sales than Halo or Halo 2 ever did. Graphics are going to be extraordinary, there will be new features, new weapons, new story, and more online play. Oh yes. There will be blood. (Don’t know if you get that or not.) Halo 3 will own.
I actually highly doubt it. First, by the time Halo 3 comes out there wont be as many people with 360's as there were with xbox's for halo 2. Second, many people were highly disapointed with halo2(me being one of them), so all the people who were wouldnt buy Halo3 right away.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
RaptorHawk said:
I actually highly doubt it. First, by the time Halo 3 comes out there wont be as many people with 360's as there were with xbox's for halo 2. Second, many people were highly disapointed with halo2(me being one of them), so all the people who were wouldnt buy Halo3 right away.
Pretty much everyone who was disapointed with Halo 2 were people who were disapointed with the ending. If the gameplay is as good as the second or presumably better, than Halo won't have a problem being the "it" game of the 360. Plus with this being the 3rd game it is unlikely it will have an ending like Halo 2.

And, sure not everyone Halo fan has a 360 now but not every MK fan had a DS a few months ago, but when Mario Kart released that changed things. Expect similar results with the 360 when Halo launches.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Chill said:
Pretty much everyone who was disapointed with Halo 2 were people who were disapointed with the ending. If the gameplay is as good as the second or presumably better, than Halo won't have a problem being the "it" game of the 360. Plus with this being the 3rd game it is unlikely it will have an ending like Halo 2.

And, sure not everyone Halo fan has a 360 now but not every MK fan had a DS a few months ago, but when Mario Kart released that changed things. Expect similar results with the 360 when Halo launches.
Oh yea? lol...... Halo2sucks.com 100% of the people there dislike Halo2 for reasons not being the ending. I became a member when it first was created so I know that for sure.

Yea I know people will buy 360's just because of Halo, but i was just saying i highly doubt it will be enough to surpass, or even tie for that matter, how well Halo2 sold at launch. And because of the number of people that disliked halo2 i wouldnt be surprised if H3 didnt have greater sales than H2 overall.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
RaptorHawk said:
Oh yea? lol...... Halo2sucks.com 100% of the people there dislike Halo2 for reasons not being the ending. I became a member when it first was created so I know that for sure.
Did you know Ilovehalo2.com? 100% of the people there love the game.

Pick a less biased site for an argument next time.

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I guess all the people that want XBOX 360s don't chech IGN's review of the XBOX 360. An article at IGN popped up after the XBOX 360s were released in stores and their comments on the XBOX 360 was very angry. They were so disappointed, they were pissed about the XBOX 360. all of it was negative. I'll try to find it...

Also, IGN has announced that Sony has declared that the PS3's opening price will now be $700.00 instead of the rumored $500.00 because they believe their PS3 is perfect. Just search IGN.com

Also, a lot of people are selling XBOX 360s on E-Bay in price ranges of $3000 to over $1,000,000...and idiots are buying them.

Oh and mic 128, I see you followed my idea and changed back to your "evil" look. Awsome!

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
mic_128 said:
Did you know Ilovehalo2.com? 100% of the people there love the game.

Pick a less biased site for an argument next time.
First of all Mic_128 wtf does that have to do with anything. I wasnt trying to prove that more people hate it than like it. I was trying to prove that most people that hate it...do so because of other things besides the ending. Second Ilovehalo2.com hurts your argument more than it helps. Its just some fanboys site with a bunch of info and links.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Master Fox said:
Hmm...I guess all the people that want XBOX 360s don't chech IGN's review of the XBOX 360. An article at IGN popped up after the XBOX 360s were released in stores and their comments on the XBOX 360 was very angry. They were so disappointed, they were pissed about the XBOX 360. all of it was negative. I'll try to find it...
I found it. IGN rated the 360s different aspects on a scale of 1-10.
Hardware-7
Software-8
3rd party games-6
Online support-9
Controller-9
Marketing-7
The Launch-5
Future potential-8

If anyone cares to read the article you can see how "dissapointed" they were.

Master Fox said:
Also, IGN has announced that Sony has declared that the PS3's opening price will now be $700.00 instead of the rumored $500.00 because they believe their PS3 is perfect.
A price for the PS3 has not been announced.

$1,000,000 dollars for a 360? Where do you get your news from, Fox?

RaptorHawk I went to that site to see what reasons they gave for disliking Halo 2 and this is what I found.
A lot of the changes are for the better, and we should certainly hope so. Online play, dual-wielding, boarding, the energy sword, stunning new vistas, and a compelling story arch... in many ways, H2 is a phenomenal game.
The bad? Some of the weapons were overpowered and the story was chessy at times. Man, those people really hate Halo2.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
RaptorHawk said:
First of all Mic_128 wtf does that have to do with anything. I wasnt trying to prove that more people hate it than like it. I was trying to prove that most people that hate it...do so because of other things besides the ending. Second Ilovehalo2.com hurts your argument more than it helps. Its just some fanboys site with a bunch of info and links.
Dude, I don't even know if that is a real site. I was just being sarcastic. OF COURSE a website called iHATEhalo2.com would have everyone hating halo 2. I'm sure if you went to ihatemicrosoft.com, 100% don't like microsoft. same with ihatesony.com and ihatenintendo.com. And lets face it, the ending wasn't the best, but if you HATE something, it would be for more a less than satisfying ending, especially when there's another one coming.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Chill I dont know where you found that quote but it sounds like sarcasm to me. Those are all reason many people on the site dislike halo2....go take a GOOD look at it and youll see why people dislike it.

Mic_128 the point of my post was to show that most people who really disliked the game, disliked it because of reasons OTHER than a bad ending.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And I said it would be unlikely that someone HATES a game due to a mediocre ending, especially when there's a sequel on the way.(what's the term for a sequel to a sequel?)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Cashed said:
Saying more people hate Halo 2 than like it is just stupid.
Good thing no one here is saying that then, isn't it?

Mic, I think it's just a sequel. Could be second sequel though.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
IGN is the most biased reviewing site. The worship Nintendo games like sheep without even playing them.

I'll believe the PS3's price when SONY announces it.

The 360 wasn't a disappointing release. It did exactly what it was set out to do, build hype for after the Christmas season. Now, there will be a few good games in January to sell it even more.

I have heard rumors ( a few friends) that Twilight Princess was pushed to the Revolution. It's currently, as far as I know, scheduled to be released the same month as the PS3 (April) so if that's true, I have a feeling Nintendo is just going to abandon the Gamecube early and try to make the Revolution something decent. Let's see how that works out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's still gamecube, but they sid it was delayed to add something to it, which "will be the new standpoint in Zelda titles" hinting at some bonus something when playeed on Rev. Or they could mean something else, but hey.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Crimson King said:
IGN is the most biased reviewing site. The worship Nintendo games like sheep without even playing them.
Please proove this to me. Ive never seen IGN give ANY Nintendo game a higher rating than it deserved.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
RaptorHawk said:
Chill I dont know where you found that quote but it sounds like sarcasm to me. Those are all reason many people on the site dislike halo2....go take a GOOD look at it and youll see why people dislike it.
It's under the key points section and it is not sarcasm. Forgive me for not wading through the years of "Halo2 sucks becuase.." messages, but seeing as how it was labled "key points" I figured the most significant complaints could be found there. If you missed that you may want to take a better look at the site yourself.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Chill said:
It's under the key points section and it is not sarcasm. Forgive me for not wading through the years of "Halo2 sucks becuase.." messages, but seeing as how it was labled "key points" I figured the most significant complaints could be found there. If you missed that you may want to take a better look at the site yourself.
I found it. You just took that phrase out of context, making it look like I had no idea what im talking about. Dont play that **** with me man. Here is the whole paragraph(highlighted in blue is what you put.)

The assessment is in: Halo 2 is... well, different. And I don't mean that in an entirely negative fashion. A lot of the changes are for the better, and we should certainly hope so. Online play, dual-wielding, boarding, the energy sword, stunning new vistas, and a compelling story arch... in many ways, H2 is a phenomenal game. There isn't another like it. In fact, I became so downright caught up in the simple ability to play online that I began to justify many of the complaints lodged against it. But embracing the highs and ignoring the lows in light of them is not much of a constructive response. Instead, let's take another stab at nailing down what makes Halo 2 "a great game, but not a GREAT game."

And if anybody cares to read the rest go HERE

Chill

Red
BRoomer
RaptorHawk said:
I found it. You just took that phrase out of context, making it look like I had no idea what im talking about. Dont play that **** with me man. Here is the whole paragraph(highlighted in blue is what you put.)
How does higlighting a a section of a paragraph make you look bad? I didn't take it out of context. Taking it out of context would have been doing something like this:

Reviewer from ___ site : "If you want to play a terrible game than by all means, buy Halo2."
Me taking things out of context: Reviewer said "by all means buy Halo2!"

Instead of just listing the positive things he said (I don't need to show an entire paragraph to do that) I mentioned the negatives immediately afterward. I don't think negatives should be ignored but I also don't think they should be overblown. I read the entire article twice even, just to be thorough, and the positives far outweighed the negatives.

Instead, let's take another stab at nailing down what makes Halo 2 "a great game, but not a GREAT game."
Look its in capital letters.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ok, that was enough off-topic stuff for now.

This is about the 360 and let's keep it that way.

courage

Smash Apprentice
Yeah ummm I'm not dissing on the BOX but it is basically the same games with reved up graphics. Anyway I'm waiting for the Revolution to come out its gonna be great with the awsome new controller ahhhh..... can't wait for the new smash bros also.!!!!!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
solidsnake2234 said:
Recently heard that 50% of all the 360's were recalled because of the cooling devices werent working and the system was messing up permently
3% are faulty, which is normal for a new electronic device. If anything is wrong with your 360 you can call Microsoft, they'll send you a box to ship it to them in, you send it and you get a new one back in about 3 days. Also, if you remove the harddrive from your console before you send it in, they'll attatch a new one so you can have two harddrives.

mic, I'm not going to watch the video you posted, but from seeing the title of the video (and then clicking out of it) I'm guessing it's the video showing how if you move the console from horizontally to vertically it scratches the discs? There's a warning against doing that in the manual, but you know how many people read those.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Cashed said:
3% are faulty, which is normal for a new electronic device. If anything is wrong with your 360 you can call Microsoft, they'll send you a box to ship it to them in, you send it and you get a new one back in about 3 days. Also, if you remove the harddrive from your console before you send it in, they'll attatch a new one so you can have two harddrives.
Is that a free service? I was just reading in Gamepro that with the original XBox, there was a $99 charge to replace your XBox.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yes, it's free. With the Xbox, you had to send $80 along with it. So far with the 360, it's free.

Top Bottom