• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu: X Games It's Back on! Esam, Vinnie, M2K, Junebug, Logic, Mekos....Dabuz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Not coming. Hurricane johns.

Even though we're dodging the hurricane we're getting nice tropical thunderstorms.

Gonna' stay at home and play SF4AE, LoL, and Rune Factory.

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
Not coming. Hurricane johns.

Even though we're dodging the hurricane we're getting nice tropical thunderstorms.

Gonna' stay at home and play SF4AE, LoL, and Rune Factory.

ffffffffffajfjflajlfjiejifa

i imagine a bunch of people will be doing this @ the venue (lmfao)

TEAMS ANYBODY?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
dsjsjernfjkereedek duckin hurricane....

Aposl

Smash Ace
we are rescheduling this guys too many people running from hurricanes LOL

Aposl

Smash Ace
I dont have a date in mind yet I have to talk to xanadu about whats available

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Or we could have like 10 people show up, and have 1,000 people on the stream since everyone is at home :D

Ally, we also don't want to put the date too close to Woodbridge

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Serious question:

Since everyone is going to be inside all day saturday, if we ran some sort of stream with Brawl, possibly MvC3 and SSFIV, would you guys watch it?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Be real lol, people are prolly gonna be without power for this day so idk about the stream.

Anyway aim for the first week of Oct for a new date, first 2 weeks of Sep have events in NJ and I don't see them coming here when they have **** in their own back yard. 17th is WB so thats a no go and the 25th weekend is Schools in Session(Ally doesn't realize this I'm sure). While only a few here may go to that the others will prolly want at least 2 weeks between this and WB so the first week of Oct is perfect.

10IshouldbeaTO :017:

Aposl

Smash Ace
Alright we will figure it out, I appreciate the date suggestions bros, but we might have stuff going on in October, either way we will do whats best for the event.

Juice Box

Smash Cadet
I was thinking of going to this for some practice, but with the weather I think it would be best to hold it a month or so later. If it was in October I'd probably go...

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so why is everyone canceling whe it's not hitting until sunday? O.o
didn't we all didn't just drive through ridiculous rain for 4 hours two weeks ago at ktar *sighs*

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Stupid hurricane. I was hoping to finally go to a tourney out here. If I'm not mistaken, there are tournies going on during the 17th and 24th in VA.

M@v

Subarashii!
I couldnt come anyway, so maybe I'll be able to make the rescheduled date.

I've been on the edge of a hurricane before. Its not as bad as people are making it out to be, but at the same time you really should stay inside. An asston of rain and lightning. If your closer to the center you got the winds which I was fortunate not to deal with.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Unfortunately it doesn't matter. People are scared even though it probably won't even jit us. Plus you can't always trust a weather forecast.

Coney

Smash Master
we're in the middle of maryland, right?

according to that it won't even touch us

WIMPS

is anything going on tomorrow at all then? no?

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
With transportation, I'd still go. Poyo too, maybe. Our father just prefers not driving through the possible weather conditions. x_x.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It seems the main problem is that family members(usually parents) seem to over exaggerate things like this. Thus they pressure you not to go even if you're over 18. So you fold, to be respectful.

I remember when I was 17 my mom wouldn't let me use her car because it was raining. Nothing big, just a little rain.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Or they threaten us you clown -___-.^

I'm sure more of us were threatened with the removal of things (Like paying for my auto insurance), rather then us backing down from being respectful.
:018:

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry guys, I can't make it. :( This hurricane looks like its going to **** on Delaware.

Is this really going to be rescheduled though? That would be nice lol

Coney

Smash Master
also smashfest tonight @ my place is cancelled, prolly was just gonna be me and danny playing anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom