• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xanadu Monthly - Brawl/Melee/PM - March 16th, 2013 - Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Zeros

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, I still remember the password for my Account xD

Haven't posted on Forums in a very long time...

I would like to come to this event and Ill definitely be playing Melee and I can bring sets but my primary interest is in Project M 2.5. The Main forum page lists a brawl tourney but does it mean Vanilla Brawl? or Project M 2.5? I'm Hoping for a Project M Tourney

Thank you for your time

Edit: Had to Clarify

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There should be tourneys for all 3 games. Project M will be getting a lot of hype here. NY is coming down just for it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I am envisioning 32 man brackets for all 3 events, but let's beat the salvation turnout with this one! That one had 36 players for singles and 11 teams for both events. These events will have some serious payouts.

Hope your body is ready.

hot$

Smash Ace
i'm thinking about coming to this.. kinda far, but might be fun.. can bring 2 full setups if so

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yo anyone wanna stop by UMD so I can go to Xanadu for once? :cool:

Geez 9k learn how to drive

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
We'll see, if it has Brawl we might still have Brawl since is not Road to Evo

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey guys, WinterBrawl 7 (Evo Qualifier) is going to have Melee at the event so we are going to cancel Melee for the Xanadu Smash Monthly on that date

What we're gonna do is have Project M as planned and make it the main event on the Melee side of things. If enough players want a Melee side event then we'll do it

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Project M Players- please bring your own Wii's to run as separate setups from brawl.

Brawl players- we will do some extra dedication for brawl here, so make sure to turn out for this. This will be your opportunity to play on stream.

In addition, I want to announce that Brawl will be doing Round Robin Pools for singles using the standard ruleset. Our final bracket will be 8-16 players with double elimination (could be larger depending on the turnout.) Ideally, we will have 4-5 players per pool, so you will get to play at a minimum, 3 players and potentially more than that if you make the final bracket.

Also, if we have time, i'd like to do draft crews.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Well, count me in. Hopefully Brawl turnout will be fairly nice. Might drag Smokey to this as well.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
If anyone willing to pick me up from BWI, and house me on Friday, Saturday evening, then return me to airport Sunday? I'll buy tickets to come from AZ representing Lucas if I get a yay. I'd be willing to pay for gas money.

Edit: I have no problem sleeping on the floor as long as I have a pillow :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If anyone willing to pick me up from BWI, and house me on Friday, Saturday evening, then return me to airport Sunday? I'll buy tickets to come from AZ representing Lucas if I get a yay. I'd be willing to pay for gas money.

Edit: I have no problem sleeping on the floor as long as I have a pillow :p
I got you. PM me the details.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
WGS are you staying with us or do you have other housing? You're welcome to stay here if you want to, but fair warning, we're probably gonna have at least 10 dudes sleeping on our floors if you do, which may not be the most comfortable situation.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I don't know how long anyone's staying/what people's work schedules are like, but Ohio probably won't be leaving until Monday morning. Hopefully, unlike last time, we'll have a chance to hook up with people on Sunday and play some.

VGVideoGalaxy

Smash Rookie
It's official now. I am coming to this tournament from Leesburg, VA. I am able to bring 2 Wiis, a Wii U, (All with copies of Brawl), 4 Wii Remotes, 3 Nunchuck controllers, and 2 Gamecube controllers.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's official now. I am coming to this tournament from Leesburg, VA. I am able to bring 2 Wiis, a Wii U, (All with copies of Brawl), 4 Wii Remotes, 3 Nunchuck controllers, and 2 Gamecube controllers.
Cool, bringing any one up with you?

BTW guys, Melee will be happening, it also seems that we have a player from AZ flying out for Project M!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Btw guys, we're gonna try and get a Harlem Shake video going at this. If you're interested bring props

Top Bottom