• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

T-block

B2B TST
I definitely wouldn't call yours unprofessional, Grape. Simple, and maybe a tad boring, but at least it looks good lol

Yeah I'll rework mine when I'm done exams. I wish there were better pictures of T-blocks out there ._. What the hell, internet.

edit: also, sam speaks the truth. i would let you penetrate me allll day

Kith

Smash Ace
Jesus christ, did anyone mention yet Reflex's epic match against that IC? Apparently, super-quick-break-out-of-grab to taunt your opponents face is a combo XD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Jesus christ, did anyone mention yet Reflex's epic match against that IC? Apparently, super-quick-break-out-of-grab to taunt your opponents face is a combo XD
The Twitter feed didn't have it right--

An entertaining Losers Bracket Round 3 match just concluded between TheReflexWonder (Pokemon Trainer) and Cheese (Ice Climbers). In Game 1, Reflex snagged a clutch water gun KO, spending most of the game as Squirtle. In Game 2, Reflex broke from an infinite combo, taunted Cheese, which caused him to lose his last stock, tying the match 1-1. In his final stock in Game 3, Cheese lost half of his ice-climbing team early and forfeited the final life by jumping off the stage, giving the series to Reflex.
I totally 2-0'd Cheese, and I infinite grab escape -> taunted when I had a full stock lead in Game 2. :p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You really should Synchronize it, I think. I was breeding for a bunch of Abra just to "fix" a Zapdos/Articuno.
I was actually just wondering if that would work. I decided to just give up on Mewtwo, as I likely wouldn't even use it on my uber team. That and I really didn't feel like breeding Abra and then going all the way back to get Mewtwo, haha.

I'll definitely breed the right Abra for Articuno and Rayquaza, though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I JUST FOUND A SHINY HOPPIP IN THE SAFARI ZONE!!

And...it ran away. :(

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
**** are you serious?

I'm scared to death of Safari Zone for that reason. I'm also scared of shiny Geodudes/Graveler with SelfDestruct.
Sadly, yes. :( A friend said he's gonna Pokesav me a shiny Hoppip, though, since I should've had it. Pink Jumpluff is sooooo cool.

Ironically, I found a shiny Geodude in FR while training in Victory Road. Luckily for me I had a Master Ball at the time. ;P

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ironically, I found a shiny Geodude in FR while training in Victory Road. Luckily for me I had a Master Ball at the time. ;P
My older brother started an unsaveable game on my Platinum cart on a trip to a tournament one time.

First thing he found in the Oreburgh Gate is a Brave Shiny Geodude. :dizzy:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My older brother started an unsaveable game on my Platinum cart on a trip to a tournament one time.

First thing he found in the Oreburgh Gate is a Brave Shiny Geodude. :dizzy:
Seriously? :O

Wow, your bro is officially the luckilest unlucky guy I know. XD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i would've let him save. it's a shiny!
Fourth gen games won't let you save if there's another player's save on the cart. You have to delete it before you can try to save.

That being said, I have a few shiny Pokémon on that cart, anyway. I also had at least 600 hours on it at that time.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
@.@ jeez...600 hours? that's dedication. i'm at 60 hours on my current soulsilver cart, and I finished my platinum at about 100...

i've only ever run into one shiny in my life, a swinub in the original silver. or maybe it was crystal, i don't remember which version i found it in. either way, i've been holding out for one ever since...(and I have a memorative mamoswine in my current soulsilver party in remembrance :3)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I had like 670 or so on my Ruby Version. Every game since then has been less, with the lowest right now being HeartGold at 85.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
how can you spend that much time on...ruby of all games
worst generation by far :urg:
As far as in-game goes, but as far as each new generation goes, I found myself really liking a lot of the new stuff while going through the game for the first time.

Lotad, Aron, Taillow. :)

That being said, I still agree with you, heh.

I actually have overflow hours on my Platinum now, though--The time log caps at 999:59.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I was really really hyped for Ruby since it was the first Pokemon game for GBA. I took on the Battle Tower a lot, and I raised a ton of Pokemon to level 100--this was the first Pokemon game where I actually raised my Pokemon all the way to level 100 (excluding the Rare Candy glitch in Red Version). Unfortunately, a lot of my level 100s I raised in Ruby aren't EV'd or IV'd, as I learned about all that during the tail end of Ruby. tI still run a good bit of my FireRed Pokemon, though.

I clearly remember the day I got Ruby. I played it for about 1.5 hours in my blue La-Z-Boy recliner before going to the New Orleans Hornets's first-ever game in the New Orleans Arena.

Man oh man, that was an awesome day.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I clearly remember the day I got Ruby. I played it for about 1.5 hours in my blue La-Z-Boy recliner before going to the New Orleans Hornets's first-ever game in the New Orleans Arena.

Man oh man, that was an awesome day.
that's the stuff childhoods are made of.
why can't every day be like that ._.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
that's the stuff childhoods are made of.
why can't every day be like that ._.
Sometimes I miss it so much. :(

I love being busy with film school and college, as I really feel I'm living for a dream and a purpose, but at the same time, I'm kinda sad that my life isn't going to have as many of those simple, easy moments as I did when I was younger.

You really don't realize how precious those moments are until they're just about gone.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So, pokekids.

Are any of you aware of the fact that anyone with a legit copy of any pokemon game is able to get themselves any pokesav pokemon without a second DS?

When I found out about it I practically died.
Was able to give myself all the japanese event only legendaries for gold/silver shenanigans :)

All you need is a network connection with your DS and a computer connected to said network.

I also used it to give myself an uber challenge. I was around the 5th gym when (I had traded over eggs from platinum) redid the eggs with the natures I wanted and started all my pokes from level 1 again.
Its been an amazingly hard experience playing this game 10 or so levels below all of my opponents. Gym battles are insanely tough.

Luckily my mother bought me a CHOICE SCARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which allowed me to beat 8th gym dragon chick.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
You can get pokesav on a single ds, if you output the AR code then use a AR on your game itll give you the save state you created with pokesav

T-block

B2B TST
What Shaya's talking about doesn't need an AR. It's some sort of exploit of the HGSS Gift system in the GTS, but that's all I know about it. IDK...feels the same as using an AR to me, so I wasn't super excited =\

Kith

Smash Ace
Yo, so I want to get good at Pokemon. Like competitive-ish, with all the EV and IV stuff. Any good reads?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh...alright
maybe once i beat the game
no use wasting hundreds of hours actually breeding and ev training. its just plain not fun

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR POKEMON? YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO POKEMON TRAINERS. HAVEN'T YOU EVER PLAYED OR WATCHED POKEMON? IT ISN'T ABOUT -STRENGTH-! IT'S ABOUT THE BOND BETWEEN TRAINER AND POKEMON.

YOU ARE A FOOOOOOoL

Kith

Smash Ace
Lol phiddlesticks doesn't capitalize any letters at all, while Gimpyfish capitalizes everything

Top Bottom