• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

bigman40

Smash Master
The wreck has most likely screwed up his thinking for this tourney. I'd be really surprised if he places. Kith, you still got this man. DSF is a really good player.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hopefully rest will be all Reflex needs to turn this around.

And yeah Kith, DSF is really good. He's part of DBR, the Melee crew whose combo video was a looot of people's first combo video they ever saw, haha.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
looking at the bracket, i think reflex should be in it for a good while :)

let's go kith and mata! represent, you three.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
hes prolly really stressed about his car.
This. My world is closing in around me, and this trip was supposed to be a vacation of sorts.

That being said, sleep helped a ton last night. I'm still not at full capacity, but I feel competent. I can do this.

I'm in the fifth round of Loser's Bracket now.

Kith

Smash Ace
I'm really ashamed of how bad I did :-/. It's that lack of matchup experience that kills me every time...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Man, just reading all these MLG updates makes me wanna play some Brawl really badly right now.

Kith

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Reflex is going to leave tomorrow and not partake in doubles. Me and Mata are still teaming though. And thanks Steeler. It's all the more reason to do work on the matchup thread.

HotWings

Smash Ace
You all did really good ;)

I really do wish we had livestream though... or cant one of you there video tape it all and put the matches on youtube? That would work.

Kith

Smash Ace
We tried, but they wouldn't let spectators get too close to the tv. When we tried to record, the match didn't come out at all.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I just signed up on MLG's official site.

...Someone took my name.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm not gonna be able to make MLG Ohio, as I'll be in California then. But I'll be at MLG Dallas for sure.

Kith

Smash Ace
We got destroyed XD. Double PT's is not easy. Although we were having fun with C018's D3 when we were double Squirtle, double zard is too big IMO. We had a lot of fun though, and I finally got some practice with PT dittos.

And I dunno how I feel about the fact that DSF got fifth. At least I don't feel that bad losing to him in singles anymore...but what are the odds -.-

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This thread title made me smile.

Reflex -had- a shiny car--I got it repainted about a week prior to MLG Orlando. Heh...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
:-\ ****...is your insurance gonna help out with the repairs? Or...is it repairable?
Ah that sucks man =\ How bad are the damages?

Future MLG events won't have random seeding right? They'll be seeding based on previous MLG results?
Insurance isn't going to help--Based on the circumstances, I am at fault.

There were three vehicles involved; I was behind two others.

The first one decided to slam his brakes on the interstate for no apparent reason. The second one was barely able to stop in time. I wasn't so lucky; I couldn't come to a complete stop or get out of the way completely.

As a result, the second car moved forward and hit the first one. I imagine there was some issue with the first person, because that car immediately fled the scene. The only information on that was the fact that it was a black SUV.

Thankfully, it's salvageable. There's a busted headlight, the front bumper is demolished, and the windshield is spiderwebbed; good thing the airbags deployed, because otherwise, my head probably would've broken the windshield instead (I DID have my seatbelt on, of course).

All the money I've been saving in the past few months for something really important had to be used to tow my car and get my group back home. As you can imagine, my trip and tournament experience wasn't among the best.

As for seeding, I believe it's going by past events, yes.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Supposedly MLG is also gonna incorporate "Wi-Fi Seeding" for MLG Columbus.

:( @ Reflex

And yay, T-block finally got his old avatar back!

As a side note, I've spent the past 3 hours trying to catch a Mewtwo with a decent nature to no avail.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As a side note, I've spent the past 3 hours trying to catch a Mewtwo with a decent nature to no avail.
You really should Synchronize it, I think. I was breeding for a bunch of Abra just to "fix" a Zapdos/Articuno.

T-block

B2B TST
Sounds brutal, Reflex =\ At least you'll have a nice $2500 to look forward to when you win MLG Columbus ;D

I think I want to replace this avatar already... any ideas? This one looks so...unprofessional now.

Top Bottom