• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

stingers

Smash Obsessed
so I went PT all through winners in my tournament today...i got to wfs and then lost 3-0 :p I fail @ MK, obviously. it seems obvious squirtle does way better then the other 2, i wish I could keep squirtle forever :(

then I beat the MK with ROB in GFs...lol...i KNOW that mu >.<

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah the only thing I could land basically were grabs and I chased him pretty well I thought it's just overall you don't have enough options to get grabs for it to matter

besides grabs a few random flamethrowers and like 3 rock smashes lol zard kinda failed me

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it's all about OoS options with Charizard.

and miles has the right idea, mawile evo? hellz yeah.

but i think it's just a new poke.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oos options? how do you punish mk if you can't grab him, he just dairs the top of your shield over and over and you...up b? it's a good move and all but I can't see it being useful past the first time you use it, get read and you eat...mad percentage

usmash doesn't really have the range :/ idk i need to practice more i guess

the mk i played barely tornado'd lol... i'd just rocksmash the top if he tried it against zard really. its just getting chased all the way around the stage, zard doesn't have great options against pressure because his aerial momentum is terrible and his recovery is really bad so you can't even retreat to the ledge as a safety option because if you get gimped then you lose your stock

nair if they're trying to uair you is the only thing I could think of, if we're both facing each other he just either fairs you (he wins) or jumps again and dairs you (he wins due to horizontal range on the dair)

you have to stay grounded until you get a hit in and can pressure the MK but charizards pressure options are basically chasing with grabs and sh rock smashes which MK can just jump away from which happened quite a bit...ughhhhhhhhh it's just painful

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
uair hits on frame 6 and lasts for like 20 frames, i'm not sure if it beats MK dair camping though

either way there are some instances where you indeed cannot punish but in those situations you just run away or flamethrower or something

but like, if they are going to max space fair on your shield so you can't grab, you can just SH backward and rock smash (or fair lol), if their hitbox hits the rock, they get fuxed. charizard gets mad reward if you catch onto some habit and put the rock where your opponent thought you'd be. same thing with fsmash/dsmash in some matchups (not really this one though).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
uair definitely doesnt beat mk dair camping just because it's not disjointed (enough, if at all, I don't see charizard hitbubble data so I can't verify). it's a great anti-airdodge option though =)

see running away just doesn't work, because they pressure you all the way across the stage = you're at the ledge = you need to make it back to center stage so you approach = uh oh

going offstage is just a bad idea in almost every scenario with 'zard

i mean obviously rock smash is a **** *** move and landing it is so satisfying it just seems really difficult to land in the first place :3 campy mks don't dash into your rock smashes as much as you'd like :(

Magik0722

Smash Champion
its hopeless, there is no move that PT has that can beat fair and dair camping

what you have to learn though is when to punish if the MK messes up, have fair landing lag? go for the grab, misses his jumps in between dairs? go for the upair

rocksmash may possibly be the saving grace in this matchup, more specifically counter rock, it just sucks when it doesnt hit.

All of the previous was pertaining to charizard of course, the other two get completely shut down by MK and of course theres charizard being the best pokemon out of the three as well

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
what about using uair out of shield? it's not going to beat dair straight up but according to the mk frame data thread it has 18 frame disadvantage on shield if MK doesn't land. zard has 7 frames of jump startup and 6 frames of uair startup.

flamethrower is useful for campy MKs, the problem is that tornado beats it cold. if they start using it to beat the flames, you can use it in spurts to bait the tornado and punish it. i think you can shield before MK gets to you at max flame range.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, i forgot about one move that you should start spamming against MKs, that fair, that move is seriously just too good

you know what pokemon im talking about

stingers

Smash Obsessed
as long as the MK dairs right above you...if the MK dairs horizontally your uair won't hit. but you'd have a....7 frame margin of error? sounds possible, as long as you can get up there fast enough...because if I'm understanding it right, it takes 7 frames before 'zard even leaves the ground, and then a bit more to actually reach the peak of his jump, right? or is it 7 frames to reach the peak of his jump?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Oh yeah, i forgot about one move that you should start spamming against MKs, that fair, that move is seriously just too good

you know what pokemon im talking about
......ivysaur???

yeah stingers, 7 before you leave the ground. idk how much time it takes to reach the peak but uair does give zard a little vertical boost if he's rising, and uair for sure lasts past the peak of the jump.

if he's doing it in front of you, you could try fairing. bair if he's behind you.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
whenever i'm drunk i just want to play brawl with items on
same when im high
**** i love brawl with items on

Vermy

Smash Champion
Yeah so I'm dropping all secondaries, and going 100% PT in singles. We need the dedicated few we can get. Using Snake in doubles depending on the opponent.

Had a ******** experience in pools this weekend. All the matches I played using PT were hella close, and I got destroyed if I used anyone else. Got a match off a Snake main, he changed to Pit second match and won, just. Also took the MK who placed 3rd to final stock, high percents. Rage at shuttle loop invincibility tearing through rocksmash. =(
Didn't make it out of pools, but I feel like I did a personal best against that MK and Snake.

Doubles placed 7th this tourney (all matches were won with PT)

Last tourney placed 5/13 in teams (PT used 50% and Snake/Diddy used 50%)

Climbing that ladder. Puttin' in the hard yards, yo.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I'd like to announce that I'm now 1 round away from beating Sakurai.

I beat him as Blue/Leaf
He beat me as Ivysaur
I think I'm gonna counter-pick Wartortle against his Squirtle

Even if I win something tells me he's going to climb the losers bracket and get his revenge though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
as a hispanic, i can say taco bell is absolute garbage
I'm going to have to disagree with you. If you're looking for delicious Mexican food, then fast food is not the way to go, but as far as fast food goes, it tastes alright, and the prices are too good.

Plus, I created the metagame for the coin-dropping game. On average, I get four crunchy tacos per dollar. You're not ready yet.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'm with reflex, on the mexican tier list it's bottom but fast food-wise it's really pretty good. i'd rather eat taco bell than a really greasy burger.

plus 89 cent burritos? **** son i get 5 of those and save two for the next day. two meals for under $5 is too good.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
McDonalds is trash.

Taco Bell is trash that tasty wonderful.
I second this. McDonalds here has become McStarbucks. It was already bad with the coffee shop redecorating and stuff but as of Jan 15th, they have wifi now; it pisses me off. I hate it. Though the only thing I really get from there is the nuggets so me ranting about how bad the burgers are is pointless even though it's true and McStarbucks is trash.

In the kingdom of Fastfood you have your devoted, have it your way ruler Burger King with his just as devoted Dairy Queen. The King's right hand man, Jack in the Box as well does his part is satisfying the valued customers of the Fastfood Kingdom. But what of McDonalds? McDonalds is the poor peasant farmer trying to make a living while having employed many illegal taco bells to work for him.

The above statement makes no sense >_>

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Sorry to interrupt guys but I know I havent been active lately ****ing uncharted 2 has been unbelieveably good and my wii destroyed its own diskdrive so if I get nintendo to fix it they are gonna wipe my hard drive no matter what even tho my disk drive is broken and there is absolutly no reason to wipe my harddrive.
So Im without a wii currently

ANYWAY back on point........whats up everyone Ive missed you all and btw Toby and vermy I want to know where you guys live.......Me and a couple friends have made plans to take a nice long trip to new zealand this summer and if I could stop by and see you guys it would make this trip even better.

NY to new zealand what an interesting concept LOL. Anyway I hope theres a chance of meeting up with you guys and BTW Ive missed you PT boards Ive been talking to some people and other boards really do suck compared to the little fun sarcastic family we have here :p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Come on guys, Taco Bell has a commercial with Charles Barkley in it. Therefore, it's pretty much amazing.

Good to see you back, ****!

Vermy

Smash Champion
Sup Coontang.

I live in Melbourne, close to the airport and I'm a TO nowadays so I can point you in the direction of tourneys and such. Toby lives in Sydney, close to the airport there too so it's all pretty convenient for visitors. =D

Top Bottom