• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
You know, I don't think I've ever met a single unkind Australian. If "Obama-Care" passes, I might just head on over. XD

Vermy

Smash Champion
We're famous for the following:
*awesomeness
*Legends of Toby and Vermy
*being awesome at swimming
*kangaroos and koalas
*awesomeness
*meat pies
*inventing the "Ute" aka Utility Vehicle aka the pickup truck
*vegemite
*awesomeness
*AC(lightning bolt)DC
*John Farnham
*Neighbours (longest running soap opera in history)
*Miranda Kerr (fark she's hawt)
*Parkway Drive (hardcore band)
*"Dingo stole my baby"
*"Chuck another shrimp on the barbie" (note: shrimp are in fact too small, and no Aussie bbqs them. We bbq PRAWNS. Not shrimp. Shrimp = tiny.)
*Sexy accents
*awesomeness
*beaches and beeatches
*and various other kinds of awesomeness.
*calling "flip flops" thongs.
*driving on the left hand side of the road
*being hella friendly
*having nerdy prime ministers
*awesomeness
*being bad at brawl, but epic at CS and Pokemon
*Hugh Jackman
*Nicole Kidman
*Heath Ledger
*awesomeness

You're welcome, planet earth.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Apparently we invented the 'sickie'.

Vermy man we should exchange FCs, ik now wifi sucks and I'm in Sydney and you're in Melbourne, but i could probably learn a fair bit off you. My Fc is under my aavtar if you're interested.

T-block

B2B TST
i'll think about it, but i was already planning on going to tourneyplay, so i might not have the money

also, pictochat and norfair banned =( norfair i can somewhat understand, but pictochat? ._.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
It's waaaaaaaaay too random. The stage can sometimes give ridiculously unfair deals (rockets at just the right/wrong moments, etc.).
I'm almost too scared to go to Australia (not to mention waaaay too broke). Every animal that can kill you in 3 minutes or less lives there. Box jellyfish, sea snake, cone snails, Vermy. . .I wouldn't last 3 minutes against any of these.

T-block

B2B TST
lol...

If you stand about 1/4 of the way from the left side of the stage, there are no hazards that can hurt you when they appear. If both you and your opponent know this, then if you get hit by a hazard it's your fault for being in the wrong place/letting your opponent force you into the wrong place. If your opponent knows this and you don't, then it's your fault for not knowing how to play the stage.

T-block

B2B TST
Don't get grabbed then. When ICs get off a grab that's an automatic stock <_<

Also, DI so you only hit one rocket lol. It's really easy to avoid getting hit by both.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Well, don't get hit and you win. It's easier said than done to avoid getting grabbed. That's why everybody johns about that level, that and the fun spikes that make you feel like a pinball.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'm almost too scared to go to Australia (not to mention waaaay too broke). Every animal that can kill you in 3 minutes or less lives there. Box jellyfish, sea snake, cone snails, Vermy. . .I wouldn't last 3 minutes against any of these.
I find your fear hilarious since there are hardly any reports of deaths, and I've never seen an of those outside of an aquarium. ^.^

I'd be more worried about redback spiders and tiger snakes lol.

Platypus' can kill you too. They have spurs on their ankles which inject poison as a means of self defense. But ya don't hear about that one. Hell, a kangaroo can kill you if they want to. They're big motherf*ckers ya know. Well the reds are. Greys are tiny and adorable ^.^

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah it's pretty dangerous here...I once got stung by a bee....it really can be a matter of life or death here down under...

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
Lol i like u already :bee:

Everyone come to canada for the tournament in my sig, (especially you T-Block)

I'm gonna start participating in other threads on this board nao, I've gotten enough practice in (I think so anyways) to give some input.
I seem to attract your kind for some reason. I've got like, six Canadian friends IRL o.O

On the topic of Pictochat, that's one of my all time favorite stages. Like T-Block said, theres a safe spot on the left side. And so far as unpridictable... While what pops up is fairly random, the intervals between each change are always the same. (13 seconds, or something like that.) After playing it awhile, you begin to anticipate each change before it happens, and never really get caught off guard.

Alot of the changes give Squirtle a good chance to exercise his wallcling, which while it's not something I really like to use, I've seen other players be super effective with it. (Haha.) Also, Bullet seeding them into that cart thing going back and forth is immensely satisfying. Only transformation I dislike is the wind... Always screws me over...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah it's pretty dangerous here...I once got stung by a bee....it really can be a matter of life or death here down under...
and yet I'm taking my uncle's advice when I get older and I have money: I'm moving to Australia. Tch, Australia won't be known as "Down Under" by the time I will arrive, America will. Besides, at least Ausi would be better than here. :l

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I find your fear hilarious since there are hardly any reports of deaths, and I've never seen an of those outside of an aquarium. ^.^

I'd be more worried about redback spiders and tiger snakes lol.

Platypus' can kill you too. They have spurs on their ankles which inject poison as a means of self defense. But ya don't hear about that one. Hell, a kangaroo can kill you if they want to. They're big motherf*ckers ya know. Well the reds are. Greys are tiny and adorable ^.^
And funnelweb spiders. I forgot about those and platypuses (platypi?). I know a bunch of random trivia, and the animal kingdom is one of my favorite categories because it's got so many weird things. I'm pretty sure only males have spurs and they usually only use them in mating season for combat with other males, but humans have been "stung" on rare occasions. From what I've heard, platypus venom is not usually fatal; it's worse. I've heard that victims report lingering pain for months that doesn't respond to morphine. But I don't know, I think either you or Toby would be the scariest. I would get three-stocked in two minutes flat against either of y'all, I suck so badly.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i disagree, i think beyonce and lady gaga are both good but that song is just...bad :s

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
if anybody cares, i played reflex this past weekend at last 4. we did like 7 matches and a tourney set.

I HATE PKMN T

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
Psh, Reflex is a pushover. I three stocked him at a tournament last weak with his own character...
Then, I woke up. XD

Reflex is even cooler than Charizard's Dthrow animation. :p

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Psh, Reflex is a pushover. I three stocked him at a tournament last weak with his own character...
Then, I woke up. XD

Reflex is even cooler than Charizard's Dthrow animation. :p
FYI Chuckles in case you dont know, Reflex is our Messiah for the PT boards, we all worship at the foot of His throne.

But real talk Reflex is the best PT there ever was or is, he is totally in a league of his own.

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
Oh, don't worry IRL, I've been lurking/posting around these boards long enough to at least recognize that. So far as I know, he's the only PT to beat M2K, and that in itself takes some sort of divine inspiration. XD

Way I see it, he's something like the Champion of the pokemon League. And I, but a lowly trainer. But someday, I'll fight my way up there. And whether it be a year from now, or so long that we've long since forgotten this game, I will beat him. Because I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was!
Ah shoot, I'm dreaming again, aren't I? :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
FYI Chuckles in case you dont know, Reflex is our Messiah for the PT boards, we all worship at the foot of His throne.

But real talk Reflex is the best PT there ever was or is, he is totally in a league of his own.
but he needs more practice, especially against Toon Link. My friend told me a Last Hyro's TL beat Reflex. Hyro is our #2 player as well as a top ranked TL as well.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Toon Link is my Kryptonite, it seems. So **** safe, and I'm so impatient...
I feel your pain on that my old roommate Mommy mained Toon Link.

I think Toon Link is actually High Tier material.

I thnk Squirtle does the best here. Watergun is useful for annoying him with is projectile spacing. And if you are far away with Zard Fair in place keeps bombs and projectiles away.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah TL is a character you really have to be patient with

last 4 was last weekend? i kind of wanted to go to that. oh well.

Top Bottom