• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
yeah TL is a character you really have to be patient with

last 4 was last weekend? i kind of wanted to go to that. oh well.
What? I didn't know you actually wanted to go to that, Steeler! We could've met up. :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah TL is a character you really have to be patient with

last 4 was last weekend? i kind of wanted to go to that. oh well.
Didn't I tell you about that? I was pretty sure I did. Oh well doesn't matter now. Try coming in the Spring when we have the next LasT. You, me, Zig, Reflex and MAGIK will rock the place.

lol I remember when I used to play Toon Link, I SUCKED. I kinda sorta still play him just because bombing is fun but it's a little hard when you can only use 2 bombs a a time. I'm still rying to find a way to get around that but I'm to lazy, lol Toon Link Johns are worthless. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i thought it was in december :embarrass
woah. my bad if I made you think that. :mad: ----> myself

mah, there's still spring, plus I wasn't there so it's not like you'd see me cuz I know you'd come all that ways just to see me;)

I'm basically walking away from competitive Smash for right now. Life Johns and all. The next tournament that I go to will be at the end of this year to actually compete in. Other than that, I'll be a free agent to friendly people and get some practice in and give practice. :)

:mad088: <-- Bomber7 loves this.

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
I think I might just have to look into some of these bigger tournaments... I've done a few locals with various colleges, but yeah... WABA worth looking into? I live close to the Atlanta area, so getting there isn't a problem, and I know they host friednlies pretty much everyday. Other'n that, where's this "Last4" tournament usually at? Going where the PT mains go sounds appealing. :)

Also, Bomber, soon as I figure out how to make that Grimer, I'mma have to steal it. That's pretty awesome. :p

Bomber7

Smash Hero
angry grimer = :mad 088: but without the space between the 088 and mad. Also you can find more smilies when you go to advanced options and click on [more] under the smilies given to you.

Also LasT is held a Laser Tag of Baton Rouge.

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
:mad088: Hahaha, thanks. :)

:076: One of the Best Pokemon out there. Gonna take alot of control to keep me from smiley spamming from here on out. XD

Baton Rouge, Luisiana, right? That's way too far for me. :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol i forgot it was that far
anyone ever meet nes nOOb?
.... :(

Sadly no. I've seen him post around on my area of the boards but never actually met him in person. It's sad, the school year started for me in august and already I've heard of around 5 people dying. That is not right and so far all of them have been in car accidents and all of them have been around the same age; their very early twenties.

There is going to be a tourny held in his honor, I would go, but I have my own problems here at home and I'm needed.

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
i just learned about it from the brawl forum on this one site.. sad story indeed.
i cant even go to tourneys anyway, well unless till i can drive

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm lucky I have places to go to. lol now adays I can actually host my own tournies though they are usually small which is fine with me because I lack experience.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
lol i forgot it was that far
anyone ever meet nes nOOb?
I've been to a few tournaments where he's been. Really nice guy, and it's a shame that what happened happened. :(

I think I might just have to look into some of these bigger tournaments... I've done a few locals with various colleges, but yeah... WABA worth looking into? I live close to the Atlanta area, so getting there isn't a problem, and I know they host friednlies pretty much everyday. Other'n that, where's this "Last4" tournament usually at? Going where the PT mains go sounds appealing. :)
Waba's a fairly small tournament (averaging about 20 people for the monthly tournaments), and I go to their monthly tournaments whenever there isn't anything else going on. Cool place, nice people.

The next LasT (if any) is going to be happening in a few months from now. Best not to think about it for now.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
taking one day at a time and as a great man once said "I shall return!"

Can't wait to be at a tournament again. I miss the atmosphere. :(

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
at least i can try to improve on wifi, (meaning in like playing people i have registered), but thats it pretty much, unless id have to resort to playing with my sis.. and yea..
maybe if a tourney pops up in my area, id maybe be able to go

Bomber7

Smash Hero
at least i can try to improve on wifi, (meaning in like playing people i have registered), but thats it pretty much, unless id have to resort to playing with my sis.. and yea..
I suggest the ladder on All is Brawl.

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
I'll play ya sometime as well, if you're willing. Only played Wifi twice or so, but I'm going to get into it, and I'd rather get my feet wet with someone I semi-know. :p

Only problem, connection between Cali and Georgia is probably pretty weak. :/

Oh, and thanks Reflex, for letting me know about WABA. I might see about getting a group together and checking out their next tournament.

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
lol semi know. if you're on the est, then the connection is probably screwed, but it shouldnt lag as ive got many people with red that doesnt show lag. ill play ya sometime soon.

EDIT: wow, theres like 10 people online going on the pt board atm.

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
As soon as I've finally read through them all, hopefully. Don't want to wind up further behind. XD

:012:

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
Marth tears almost any PT to shreds. He has a scary CG on Squirtle, gimps Ivy, and dancing blade does nasty things to Charizard... XD

:086:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Marth tears almost any PT to shreds. He has a scary CG on Squirtle, gimps Ivy, and dancing blade does nasty things to Charizard... XD

:086:
and yet being watergun happy on a very aerial marth is the best way to mess with them and gain the advantage.

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
imo, my ivy has an easier time against marth then the matchup says. i like it when i can tether spike them because marths like to be edgehoggy against ivy

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
and yet being watergun happy on a very aerial marth is the best way to mess with them and gain the advantage.
I'll definitely keep that in mind. Still doubt Squirtle has the tools to get in there though, as Marth outranges Squirtle every which way, and has things like OoS Dolphin Slash or Dancing Blade in case you do get too close.. :/

What's Squirtle's grab game on Marth like? I've never given it much of a shot before.

:039:

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
:'( A well space F-smash beats out rock smash. It breaks the rock, then tips us >.<
Are you sure? I think Shield Breaker is Marth's longest reaching attack, and the shards from Rock Smash can hit further than that. It could be simply due to the way Marth leans forward, but he does the same thing for a F-Smash.

Though yeah, a sweetspot attempt at Rock Smash will have you eating a tipper if he catches it... :/

:022:

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I like to think of it as my new, everchanging sig. Never know who's gonna pop up next! :D
Just discovered how to do it today. If it's annoying or anything though, I'll stop.

:071:

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice

One of my favorite Screenshots. Steeler's Squirtle using U-Air is a close second though. ;)

:007::007::007::007::007::007::007::007:

Top Bottom