• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP XII - Tales! Of! Interest! (extended: 07/05/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vyse, Mayling, Tom, Today, Omis, Junglefever, Skyler.

Where the turns out it's Man at?
McFox got me re-addicted to WoW. :(

I've written about a paragraph of mine, but I wrote it when I was pretty sad about something. I haven't been able to re-sadden myself enough to work on it, where the words just flowed from my mind. I'm sure you all understand that part.

Thanks for the extension though. I'll work on mine. Pinky promise.

And I'm glad I didn't write my first idea. It sounds like someone else wrote one just like it. :( (or maybe :bee:)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, I read everyone else's WWYP entry, but since the threads are locked, I'll make my comments about them here.

Goldshadow- It's obvious that you have expertise in the scientific aspects of your story, and that lends alot of power to your story. Also the inclusion of the prompt was done well.

My main issue is with the credibility of the detective work. Would Chuck really let Sam interrogate a witness while they were together? Having Sam be a detective ace is a compelling plotline, but there really isn't any inklings of his skills until he's totally solved the crime, and that comes off as a little unbelievable.

Lastly, you're a talented writer, and it shows, but be careful with your word choice. Words like "acumen," "aquiline," "acquiesced," "soporific," and "proximal" don't really belong in narration. If there's a simpler way to say it (even if it's less accurate), go with that.

Xiivi- I don't know what to say, other than that I couldn't finish your piece. It was like the same fragmented idea was being repeated over and over and over, and about halfway through I couldn't go on any further. I'll give it another look, but I don't think my opinion will change much.

Aglow- Wow. You're piece is really, REALLY good. My only concern is that you might suffer a little bit in the scoring, because the theme is there but not exactly explicit, and the fractured nature of the narrative might hurt you in the style section. But as a piece of fiction, it's great, and I wouldn't change anything if I was you.

I hope these notes help, good luck!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
If anyone wants their thread unlocked in lieu of the extension feel free to post here and I'll do it up.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
I felt that it would be a better idea to have the entire gist of the story relate to the theme, as opposed to it being a more obvious insertion within the story. Hopefully it's not too veiled. I appreciate your comments! Thank you for taking the time to read.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Should be able to push out a story between tonight and between picking people up tommorrow from airports, etc, but it'll be really crappy. Weekend is knocked out by a major smash tournament I'm running.

EDIT:
I've started and restarted this and it's just not working for me : /
Grrrrr.

EDIT2:
Hmm, I'm writing again. Yay.

M.K

Level 55
I swear I'll enter the next one.
Especially if it's soon, so I'll have time to write for the summer.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I was half way through my edits when I went out to see Toy Story 3 and then forgot to finish. >_<

Oh well, good luck to everyone who entered. :)

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Fuuuuuuuu. Was writing my story when internet crapped out, and I decided not to finish. I feel like an *** for asking for an extension and not submitting, so I'll submit it when I'm done <_>
That's fine, EE's away for a few days I think so we won't be getting to judging right away. Also, if people want to, I'll allow you to edit your stories up until the last entry is entered.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind if you unlocked mine so I could tweak a little.

Thanks!

Stupid crashboards double-posting.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Was trying out some edits on my story, but nothing seemed right, so I just left it the way it was. Anyways, I'm glad to have finally entered one of these!

Good luck everyone! :)

Edit: By the way, how long do these typically take to judge?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Was trying out some edits on my story, but nothing seemed right, so I just left it the way it was. Anyways, I'm glad to have finally entered one of these!

Good luck everyone! :)

Edit: By the way, how long do these typically take to judge?
FOREVER

or 2-3 weeks.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I started an entry for this one. It remains incomplete at around 3000 words. While we're waiting, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer opinions on the first 1041 words. I'm just looking for general impressions. It doesn't have to be an in-depth critique. The only thing I can offer in return is the promise to critique something of yours.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom