• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP XII - Tales! Of! Interest! (extended: 07/05/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Cool. Yeah, I didn't actually expect it to get done this week (it'd be a lot of work for one week), but I'm just excited to see progress happening. ;)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
iirc mashad's workplace's nearest competitor has gone on strike or something, so he's working a lot.

WOTK hasn't really affected anything, what I've done so far only took ~two evenings. honestly the reason I didn't get anything much done for the last while is that a member of my immediate family has been spending a lot of time in and out of the hospital in the last couple weeks. It's been hard to concentrate on internetty things lately, especially various kinds of walls of text. And that's not fair to people who worked hard on a short story and deserve a good, competent judgin'.

I didn't want to bust out any johns but there it is.

it'll get done, that's a promise

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Nein Johannes, Herr Verrückt Leim. (Is that proper German grammar? I don't trust google translate.)

Any... um... contest updates?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I get that these things take a while to judge, but sometimes I just like to hear updates to make sure the judges haven't forgotten about it. I'm sure they haven't, but it just makes me feel better about it.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Man, I should take my story down so I can make some improvements to it, polish it up, and turn it into a legit awesome story without word limits and stuff :mad:

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
EE promised me he might could possibly maybe perchance (or McPmp, as we call it) think about doing the judging at an unnamed and possibly real date in the future.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Translation: I've set a personal deadline for November 1st.

Dunno about mashad but I'm sure the concreteness of it will inspire him and stuff.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
He's talked to me about how awesome it is to see "You wrote it! You can't UN-write it!" after an entry so that suggests that he too has started.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Okay, I'm really really sorry you guys :<

I got really ****ing sick shortly after I set the hard deadline, and then I ended up getting busy with work and some other dumb miscellaneous johns. Halloween season = bars get very busy. Trust me, I feel horrible about letting you down like this, I try to take deadlines very seriously.

But listen, this isn't going to be a vicious cycle. I actually did start my judging (omginorite), and next week I have to house-sit for someone, and they don't have the Internet. I'll be house-sitting for a week, so the idea of me not only not having the scores done by then but not even being able to WORK on them is preposterous. It WILL be done before then. This is a pledge.

Or, heh, well mine will, at least. Still not sure about Mashad. But as I said before I know he has started his as well.

Again my sincerest apologies.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Nope no johns here. My mafia game just ended and now I'm going to get back into my judging. I'll try to knock out as much as possible tonight. I'll probably end up leaving my scores in the care of someone else (Virg, maybe Tom) so they can format it and stuff and post them in case I have to go housesit before I get a chance to do it.

Actually I think I'll look into formatting stuff right now.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Whoa whoa whoa, don't throw that formatting crap on me without my say!

What does WWYP look like to you?

Virgilijus

BRoomer

Say "what" again. Say "what" again! I dare you! I double-dare you, mother****er! Say "what" one more god**** time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom