• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTCA: A Super Smash Bros Melee Charity Tournament

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Guys.

I really like this.

9 pages of discussion on a small NEOH tournament in a church.

NEOH scene where'd you come from?!

S1 The God

You know. Shall we establish ground rules?
Haha, we probably won't have time but... We could just run it like the regular crew battles. Most of the people from Bula except like 4 of us are actual scrubs... don't really play competitively. We're all pretty bad though. :p

Mr. Sandbag

Smash Cadet
We could do a crew battle after we get our butts handed to us in pools. lmfao.

Bula has quite a bit of setups, so there won't be any shortage.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
ok well, hate to say this, but the date is definitely moving.
The main problem is that my pool captains can't make it.

I'll try to avoid the first weekend of march :)
Hopefully, this won't be delayed too much.
I'm going to figure everything out in about an hour.

Get Low

Smash Ace
ok well, hate to say this, but the date is definitely moving.
The main problem is that my pool captains can't make it.

I'll try to avoid the first weekend of march :)
Hopefully, this won't be delayed too much.
I'm going to figure everything out in about an hour.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm tired of waiting for the Melee. :mad:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Wow, I'm really sorry guys...
Because of all this scheduling shenanigans, the earliest date we can have this is April 28th...

I was hoping we'd only need to move it back a week or two, but because of other events going on at the church, this is the soonest we can do it.

I'm really sorry about all of this :(

Mr. Sandbag

Smash Cadet
Don't feel bad, Aesir.
Nothing you could do about it. lol

It's all good. Just gives everyone a bit longer to practice, and build a little more hype.

S1 The God

's all good.

just gives the A.S.S. more time to not be such scrubs. >:D

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ashtabula Scrub Squad vs Cleveland Heights Scrub Squad crew battle
just saw this post lol.
Ralis and myself be willing to play for the Cleveland Heights crew if you guys need us to.

this will be 8v8?

don't count me in for sure, I'm not exactly sure about how much free time I'll have.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
hmm this looks interesting havent been to one of these crazy things in forever ill talk to pat and see about scrounging up sum moneyz that rite kids kitty is back =P

S1 The God

hmm this looks interesting havent been to one of these crazy things in forever ill talk to pat and see about scrounging up sum moneyz that rite kids kitty is back =P
how bout them youngstown brackets, eh kitty? :troll:

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
lol i wish i had them on the store owners computer now hes out of buisness and who knows where -_- learned a lesson on that one

4% APR

Smash Champion
hahahaha matt i was thinking the same thing. That guy was pretty sketchy and on top of that those places never work. I'm still planning on coming to this, the date change helped me if anything

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Hey guys, I've been going around talking to all the people who were gonna donate setups and stuff, and We're gonna need some more setups, so I just want to remind you all that we will waive fees for full setups (until we reach our minimum of 10 setups)

so yea, bring dem setups (TV, GC/Wii, and a copy of Melee)

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Ashtabula Scrub Squad and Cleveland Heights Scrub Squad: Any interest in testing out the skills of the Hubbard Scrub Squad? I mean, as of now we have one official full-time Melee player...Not nearly enough for a crew battle of you guys' scale. xD But I could take some time out of Brawl to learn stuff by April, and I might be able to get others to follow suit. Was considering adding Melee to my list of games anyway.

S1 The God

I'm sure everyone will have time to play everyone during friendlies. :p

I'll be bringing a TV, cube, melee, and recording setup.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
Ashtabula Scrub Squad and Cleveland Heights Scrub Squad: Any interest in testing out the skills of the Hubbard Scrub Squad? I mean, as of now we have one official full-time Melee player...Not nearly enough for a crew battle of you guys' scale. xD But I could take some time out of Brawl to learn stuff by April, and I might be able to get others to follow suit. Was considering adding Melee to my list of games anyway.
You should totally pick up some melee. More NE OH players is always good.

I remember you talking about hubbard having a pichu main lol. Is that the one full time player? If so they should MM aesir in a pichu ditto.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
You should totally pick up some melee. More NE OH players is always good.

I remember you talking about hubbard having a pichu main lol. Is that the one full time player? If so they should MM aesir in a pichu ditto.
Yes. She would lose. Tremendously. But yes.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol... Pichu dittos are my worst matchup... no joke.
I'll take Pichu/Sheik over Pichu dittos any day lol.
Pika/Pichu is hard too.

also, blue pichu is hella legit. Green is pree beast too.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Hubbard has smashers? That's close to where I live. :D

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hubbard has smashers? That's close to where I live. :D
You bet! :bee: In Brawl we have a Pit, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Game & Watch, Marth, and others. As a matter of fact, I'll be hosting a scrub tournament at the library for Brawl sometime in spring, with the Unity ruleset (minus MK ban). Since it's still a scrub tourney, it probably won't be advertised here, but if you're interested I'll fill you in once the details are worked out.

...But that conversation is what PMs are for. :p I don't wanna steal the spotlight from this event! Eheh. ^^;

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I tried hosting a tourney at a library around here once, we had everything worked out and such, then they were all like "yeah, you gotta use our wii and our HD LCD Tvs that have awful lag because we can't let you bring stuff in, you also can't pay the winners) sooo... that never happened...
but then I maketh this thing ^^

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
AUGH, I hate libraries/schools/etc like who make up their own rules that ruin you. ~_~ One Wii and HD TV does not a tournament make.

Fortunately, a bunch of anime nerds (including me) started a club, and we discovered our library is actually really, really open-minded. I explained from the beginning about setups, CRTs, payouts and the like, and they were genuinely impressed. The only thing they couldn't agree to right away was the handling of money, and it only took a few days to approve that too. The only downside is that you have to plan more than two months ahead...

So, just goes to show ya that not all places are disagreeable. If you look around long enough you can probably even find one close to you. <3 Good luck with this one. I'm gonna schedule mine at a different time specifically so I can come to yours.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Awesome man! Good luck with this tourny! I'd come if I were closer to this.

Top Bottom