• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But you play Bowser.
I play Nariko.

That is to say, that I'll never take the game seriously. :applejack:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Whats your PSN Espy?

And I use PaRappa mostly, with the occasional Nathan or Spike.

B!squick

Smash Master
I love that Sony made Superbot just for Sony Smash Brothers (way better than the actual name).... and they've already dropped Superbot. And it's not the fact that they've had lay offs in addition to this and what that means for the poor dudes who work for Superbot that I'm loving, I just find it funny because they've all but come out and said, "Yeah, this game was just a really elaborate advertisement." Not even Capcom excluded Old Dante as a costume option. A payable option of course, but an option none the less.

E3 is still 4 months away. Can't wait for my first glimpse at the new Smash game. Squees will be had, I can assure you.

D

Deleted member 189823

Awesome, we're back.
Been playing Melty Blood since I don't have my Wii at the moment.

Hey Razen. o/

B!squick

Smash Master
Rollout is pretty easy to dodge. SideB that shiz. As for spacing, well, everyone out spaces Bowser anyway, but Jiggly CAN be annoying about it. As usual, SideBs, up angled FTilts, Jab, Pivot Grab, and UpBooS are your friend.

Can't say I've ever even tried the GR>UAir combo (air quotes), but from what I understand you just jump and UAir, simple as that.

PS: Don't care for the new site. Obviously I'll get use to it eventually, but I'm already sick of all the grey. Falling asleep just looking at it. Zzzzz...

PPS: Saw Aliens for the first time yesterday. It probably hasn't aged well. I laughed quite a few times. Like when it "ran" across the table after popping out of the dude's body. I just kept wondering about the guy who was under the table and moving the prop in front of the camera. What was he credited as?

Or when the hat guy bites it, for a spit second there's a close up of the cat looking bored and then they cut back to the cat a few seconds later, still looking bored. lols.

Rizen

Smash Legend
IDK anyone who likes the new site better or even :/ . Multi-quoting's a pain now.

Thanks for the Jiggz advice. I have trouble spacing her with other characters too for some reason.

I've never seen Aliens.
Or when the hat guy bites it, for a spit second there's a close up of the cat looking bored and then they cut back to the cat a few seconds later, still looking bored. lols.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-QTWo7e9Hs

D

Deleted member 189823

What do you mean everyone out-spaces Bowser? Bowser has pretty good range in general. If you were talking about getting camped, that's actually understandable.

B!squick

Smash Master
And by Aliens I meant Alien, the first one.

And I mean exactly what I said. I honestly can't think of anyone Bowser can out space. Everyone has either a projectile, at least one move that's safe on shield, or is named Marth. Maybe Ganondorf, but he's got that UAir. Klaw is nice, but if it were a good enough spacing tool, Bowser wouldn't be so low in the tiers.

D

Deleted member 189823

I've never had spacing issues with thanks to Jab Cancel, Up, F-Tilt and F-Air on retreat.
So can Bowser not out-space other characters if he has above-average range? I take it this has to do with the fact he's extending his hurtboxes when he hits. )=

Also, question:

Why are Jab 1 to Jab 1 cancels "unsafe"? And is Jab + Wait for opponent's reaction your best bet in the end?

D

Deleted member 189823

Who are you?

Also, that signature is beautiful. Mostly because of the quote and the fact it's Majora's Mask. ;A;

B!squick

Smash Master
Saw 7 Psychopaths for the first time the other day. Holy balls was that a fantastic movie. Everyone reading this needs to buy/rent it. Right now. Go go go!

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Hi, Smiley. Once again, I have to say that it was really cool meeting you at Apex a few months back.

In other news, has the site move displaced some of our fellow Bowser players or what?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I really do not play Brawl anymore. At least, not at home, anyway. If I go to a tournament and it's there, I'll enter.

In terms of upstate tournaments I've been doing well. Nothing less than 5th yet...although that's literally saying nothing since there are only like 10 upstate Brawl players and the good ones is even less of that amount.

I also haven't been using Bowser much, either. Oh well.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hey Chozo.
I made a Skype chat a few months ago, maybe we could revive it.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hey guys, just felt like introducing myself and this seems like the approriate place. I'm relatively new you could say but I am a Bowser main and I've been using a cellphone up till now to poke around the threads for information on playing Bowser. I found all of your guides and input to be very useful and it's nice to finally introduce myself officially; I am looking forward to being a part of the community.

Edit: I should add that I'm on church wi-fi now. Net at home is busted at the moment, so I will be in and out at best. until something changes.

B!squick

Smash Master
How's it going? Don't think very many others will be greeting you. With SSB4 on the horizon the Brawl community is dying fast, I imagine. I'm guessing the other character boards are as dead as this one at the moment.

Also, I've given it some time and I've decided I out right despise the new look. Is it even possible to multiquote anymore?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yes it is possible to multiquote, just hit reply on each of the posts you want to quote. If they're on different pages though that might be a little harder. Hit reply then copy/paste.

And the brawl community isn't dying fast.. Character boards might have less activity just because there's less to find out now and progress is slower, but that says nothing about the brawl community dying.

/I don't even know why I'm subscribed to this thread, I don't play bowser.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If you hit reply on multiple posts (as long as they're on the same page) it'll pull it up as a multiquote. The copy paste idea was just for if they're on different pages cause I don't know if it'll work the same way.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Oh cool. I did not know that.

@ DF it's good to see you back in action. Will you pick up Link again?

Rizen

Smash Legend
How should Bowser fight Yoshi? Yoshi walls me out, grabs and basically beats everything short of hard reads :(

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hello, Jerodak. How's the tourney scene where you live?
Not bad, I live in the south atlantic region N.C specifically so it's pretty active I guess but I don't know what the benchmark for tournament activity is. If you wanted to know about the characters that show up often around here then I've seen Lucas, Diddy, and shiek pretty consistently but I think those were the same people each time. I'm not sure what the most used characters are but there were a couple of metaknights at the last tournament I was at, I didn't vs any of them 1v1 but I fought one in a friendly team match. I think there were a few other Bowser players there but I don't think they were maining him as opposed to just using him occasionally. If there's anything I left out that you wanted to know feel free to ask.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hey guys, just felt like introducing myself and this seems like the approriate place. I'm relatively new you could say but I am a Bowser main and I've been using a cellphone up till now to poke around the threads for information on playing Bowser. I found all of your guides and input to be very useful and it's nice to finally introduce myself officially; I am looking forward to being a part of the community.

Edit: I should add that I'm on church wi-fi now. Net at home is busted at the moment, so I will be in and out at best. until something changes.
Hi.
Welcome to Bowser. Yes, I actually meant that. Welcome to using Bowser, and the Bowser boards. e_e
Those guides are most likely out-dated, but I'm sure you can find a few useful things here and dare. Feel free to simply ask any doubts reguarding the character and his MUs. (Match-ups)

How's it going? Don't think very many others will be greeting you. With SSB4 on the horizon the Brawl community is dying fast, I imagine. I'm guessing the other character boards are as dead as this one at the moment.
Um, no. Who the heck cares about SSB IV, and other than casuals, I doubt any competetive Brawl player will actually be losing interest just because a new game is coming out in...2 years?

If anything it's others' lack of interest and posting that just feeds the inactivity, or at least in my case. It's pretty much me and Rizen posting nowadays, and Rizen isn't even a Bowser main. :/

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hi.
Welcome to Bowser. Yes, I actually meant that. Welcome to using Bowser, and the Bowser boards. e_e
Those guides are most likely out-dated, but I'm sure you can find a few useful things here and dare. Feel free to simply ask any doubts reguarding the character and his MUs. (Match-ups)
Thanks, I really appreciate the warm welcome. I fully understand that Bowser is somewhat unorthodox and requires a different approach to picking up than other characters but that just one of the things I like about him. As far as match-ups go there are a few that I haven't had a chance to research yet but I'll look into that a bit more on my own before asking questions.
also, you don't have to worry about if I'll understand any abbreviated terms or notations but I do appreciate that you thought to elaborate on it for me.

If anything it's others' lack of interest and posting that just feeds the inactivity, or at least in my case. It's pretty much me and Rizen posting nowadays, and Rizen isn't even a Bowser main. :/
Hopefully, once a few things are in order, I'll be able to post more often and perhaps we can bounce a few ideas off each other. (:

Top Bottom