• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Flayl

Smash Hero
Limit, did you know how easy it is to bomb Ike out of aether when he's recovering?

I might post a vid up tomorrow of how to handle certain recoveries, but Ike's is so easy if he does a straightforward aether. I have no idea if reversing it makes him any harder to hit but I doubt it.

Basically as soon as I hit Ike off the stage, I jump and double-jump above the ledge. I wait to hear him yell and immediately press down+B. The stall is long enough so that when your hitbox is out Ike is at the vulnerable stage of the recovery.

It's like spiking him with other characters except the timing is ridiculously easy... and it doesn't spike :( It should kill under 100% though.
I tested this but my recording equipment and my laptop aren't ****ing god**** cooperating and I've wasted an hour and a half trying to get it to record properly.

Later when I've regained my composure I'll try recording on a different computer.

The final point is that it works and is legit. I've tested this with Ike facing the stage on the lowest point possible for aether to snap to the ledge, the same but with Ike facing the other way and holding into the stage and with Ike facingaway and positioned so that he woud land on the stage and not the ledge.

Not everybody has the same reaction speed to audio, so I recommend figuring out what queue works best for you.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Limit, I should play you, do you know Kyleisreal from AIB a.k.a G&K?

Uh yeah...we played on the ladder like twice. I won and stuff, but he's a great dude. He records things for me--well, did. I have/had a capture card at the moment.

If you're looking to play me though, I'm not home and won't be until October, and even THEN I'm going to VC8 and t0mmy's tournament on the Sunday of that weekend (I'm making the decision to go to one or the other, I don't think I have the money for both). I'll probably go to t0mmy's since this is probably going to be his only time here, and there's like no real R.O.B. mains in New York lol.

I've ALWAYS wanted to say "I main Bowser/R.O.B. (Falco?)though." :D

So basically, until November. LOL I'm really sorry though D:

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, what'd I miss?

*sees the new tier list*

.... Shockingly, I'm okay with it for the first time in ever. I can't argue with the reasoning for Bowser's -5. The only thing I'm at odds with is Mario above Bowser. Did A2ZOMG get to them or something? Anyway, I'm just glad he's not any lower like some members wanted.

So, yeah, Limit, get to work making Bowser look good, man.

B!squick

Smash Master
Actually you and Zigsta are both really legit Bowser mainers. And I already know Ixis will still be keeping things real in the land of fog, tea, and crumpets. And MrEh too, if he didn't sandbag all the time. :laugh:

EDIT: Also, how does anyone feel about SH Fortress OoS? Since getting caught in aerial Fortress does alot of damage compared to the ground version and it ACs or gives you a soft landing, I'm wondering if it's a viable OoS option...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
EDIT: Also, how does anyone feel about SH Fortress OoS? Since getting caught in aerial Fortress does alot of damage compared to the ground version and it ACs or gives you a soft landing, I'm wondering if it's a viable OoS option...

I do this to Shiek sometimes when I SDI out of ftilt, haha.

EDIT--Wellll, it's not OoS, but it IS funny. :p

SH Fortress OoS is simply hilarious as stated by Zigsta. The amount of times I've done this on accident and been punished for it like EVERY time. If it knocked the opponent away a bit further, I'd be more inclined to use it.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yo Klaw -> SH Fortress is the **** if your opponent spotdodges the former.

what the **** am i saying?

What is this I don't even?

Completely off topic: Just started using ScarfedGuardMachamp.... it's just disgusting.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529

3rd head always with the stunner shades on.

yo why the **** are these images so big...**** wallpapers

B!squick

Smash Master
I think it was in the video thread in Tactical that I saw this, but it was a flowchart of how to play Fox, so I decided to make one for Bowser.

Flayl

Smash Hero
WTF he kept asking him questions about the people he played with instead of questions about himself.

Does he really have no questions for a Bowser mainer?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
WTF he kept asking him questions about the people he played with instead of questions about himself.

Does he really have no questions for a Bowser mainer?
It pains me to see people not give good interviews.

KK, come to Genesis 2, and I'll give you a GOOD interview.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Sup.

10sups.

I didn't realize Marriland had all the BW information up already. With sprites and shinies and stuff. They're like a step ahead of serebii (although serebii had to take some of their stuff down)

anyway I'm assuming we're all getting b/w or have it already (>_>)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm gonna wait for it to come out in the US. Right now my hands are full with film, BBS, and Brawl.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'm gonna wait for it to come out in the US. Right now my hands are full with film, BBS, and Brawl.

This.

I may play it a bit before release if I feel like it but I really doubt it. I tried it with HG/SS and it didn't feel right so I decided to quit.

However, I plan on playing competitively since shoddy and PO have already started adding the 5th gen pokemon and moves into servers.

Flayl

Smash Hero

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Practiced Klaw Dropping for the first time today.

It's a lot easier than I thought, haha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah its pretty easy. The hard part is remembering to do it in the heat of battle. How is your film project coming along?
They're going well!

I just met with my actors today for my adaptation of Death Note--I'm really excited about it, and my actors are VERY talented and dedicated to fleshing out both Light and L.

I'm also shooting my first short on 16mm later this month. It's called Sick Daze and is about a sick officer worker who discovers a magical bottle of insta-cure.

And I'm working on my screenplay for my next 16mm film. It's called Go Go Hyperface and is about a boxer named Captain Kamikaze, who seeks to maintain the balance of light and darkness with his two fists named Righteous Right and Lucifer Left.

MrEh

Smash Hero
And I'm working on my screenplay for my next 16mm film. It's called Go Go Hyperface and is about a boxer named Captain Kamikaze, who seeks to maintain the balance of light and darkness with his two fists named Righteous Right and Lucifer Left.
It's a film that Bang would approve of.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
They're going well!

I just met with my actors today for my adaptation of Death Note--I'm really excited about it, and my actors are VERY talented and dedicated to fleshing out both Light and L.

I'm also shooting my first short on 16mm later this month. It's called Sick Daze and is about a sick officer worker who discovers a magical bottle of insta-cure.

Death Note?! U better get me a copy of that when it comes out! As much of a douchebag light was i hope he wins. Good luck with that then

Top Bottom