• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow, the most epic fail situation EVER.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I absolutely hate PIRATE SHIP.

Okay, so I was in an Online tournament, in the finals of the finals, it was the last match, tied up 2-2. We were both on our last stock. (Yes this is real, no I am not making these details up to add dramatic effect) I got him to about 90% while I was still at 0% (I was olimar, he was wario)
I was this close to killing him, guess what happened next?

-fling-

GAME.

Stupid catapult.

It was a banned stage tournament. D:
</3 that stage.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
such a travesty... the worst part is that it only kills lightweight charaters at low percentages. If the Wario were flung off the catapault, then he would've probably lived. Bad luck!

Trapt497

Smash Ace
If you want, I can help get you some plane tickets to go kick the crap out of Sakurai if you wish...
Sakurai, you...you....lol.

Don't forget to trip him while you're there.

Sorry bout that situation dude, crap happens sometimes.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
DI solves the problem.
Always be ready. P=

•Col•

Smash Champion
How were you not ready? >_>

It's easy to see that thing when you're around it... D:

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Yowz. Well that's the risk that you take when you fight near the catapult... Still, it killed you at 0%ish? That seems a little-

such a travesty... the worst part is that it only kills lightweight charaters at low percentages. If the Wario were flung off the catapault, then he would've probably lived. Bad luck!
Oh. That explains why I've survived the thing at 33% then, I've never played as a lighter character than Sonic on that stage. Oooook then, that does blow chunks.

RNDM!

Smash Cadet
Yowz. Well that's the risk that you take when you fight near the catapult... Still, it killed you at 0%ish? That seems a little-

Oh. That explains why I've survived the thing at 33% then, I've never played as a lighter character than Sonic on that stage. Oooook then, that does blow chunks.
I think it has the same knockback on 0% as any other percent

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wow, I would pull out my hair if that happened to me.

Then I'd have a good laugh and wish for my hair back...

Denzi

Smash Master
I didn't think the catapult could kill at zero percent.
In fact, come to think of it, I've never seen it kill at all. (maybe that's just because I don't play pirate ship much.)

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
You can just sheild the catapult, even if your standing right on top of it. Its not too hard to spot either, but then again, I've never been in a match in a tournament or anything.

But still, its easily avoided. EASILY!

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
It kills anyone lighter then I think Kirby? at 0%, but you can DI it and not be killed unless your around 40% I think? I never play lightweights, I love my heavies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's probably easy to get caught up in all the intense brawling. :laugh:

I know I've been distracted in fights and got catapaulted to oblivion, it isn't hard to get killed by that thing when you're distracted. And when you randomly get launched, you're just like...whoa. Then you die.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Its really fun to CG someone or throw someone into it, People rarely DI out of it oddly enough. The best one I've done though is getting them drowned or spiked by the ship :), The catapult is stilll awesome though. And I HAVE seen that thing launch bomb-ombs, Good thing I was using Chomp...

SONiiC_64

Smash Cadet
Ouch, I've had some bad mems with the Catapult, I was Ganondorf, and it catapulted me out of the screen cuz the Devil Assist was moving the Camera, I drowned, My only drowning in my Brawl Records.lol.Poor Dorfy.

N e Way, poor you, poor poor you

clockwerk

Smash Cadet
Just get over it, Barge. There's always the next tournament. Besides, I think I've only been killed by the catapult like 3 times since I got Brawl, and i have been playing it alot.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
the best possible solution for the catapult would be to DI, other than that, I really wouldn't consider playing on Pirate Ship at all.

nickcrapy7

Smash Rookie
wow that´s just how frustration must feel, but well luckily it was online imagine having to look your oponent in the eye after that..... i can imagine him telling his friends.....

i really though the story was going to end with the ship spikig you due to bad swiming but it ended worse

wangston

Smash Lord
HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zero percent!!!!!!!! Really???? I didn't think that thing had that kind of knock back. Did you DI of the stage.

AlexX

Smash Ace
You guys DO know that Olimar is actually a mid-weight, right? He looks like a lightweight, but he's really not (or at least not like Pikachu or G&W).

And I've gotten catapulted at 0% as Oli, too. I DI'd and survived, though I'm sure one could easily panic and forget to DI when it happens... Still a john, though.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
if you really want to kill sakuri,he'll stop making LoZ,mario,SMASH,and DK

edit:SOZ,I suck at japanese names

Top Bottom