• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would You Be Accepting of Another Smash Bros. Game on the Wii?

Imperial Dark

Smash Cadet
I have a few questions,;)

Let's say "Smash4" starts in the next generation system, do you think the Gamecube controller ( as its the most popular controller of choice and has been used for a long time) will even be an option? Do you think Sakurai/ whoever makes a new Smash Bros. will still find a way to keep gamers satisfied by making it possible for the Gamecube controller to be used to play Smash 4? If the Gamecube controller is not be able to be used, would even more people want to revert back to the older Smash games? Or will people get used to the new controllers and start fresh?

Personally, As long as everything is not rushed, and everyone is satisfied..... I really don't care when it comes out. ;)(As long as its below 8 years)
In Brawl, I myself prefer the Wii remote/ nunchuck combo... However, like you said, most people prefer the Game Cube controller. Let's face it... the transition from Smash 64 to Melee was revolutionary, and the GC controller really helped that revolution come to pass.

As long as next gen uses discs (I'm not sure where else they could go), I think we'll be safe to say the GC controller will be an option. GC and Wii games probably, will be able to be played on the new system and therefore the controller should be included (I'm guessing the new system might use medium sized discs, if discs are used).

With the fans prefering the GC controller and the likelyhood of GC games being playable on the next gen, I'd say Smash 4 will have the GC controller as an option, though I'm totally fine with any other controllers they come up with as long as they're true to the core elements of Smash.

Holygrail

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah! I'm up for a new Smash Bros game!

But mostly if they bring back Mewtwo and at LEAST add King K Rool.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I'd actually want it to stay on the Wii.
As long as it's not extremely bad or just Brawl with a new roster.
And as long as MK and Snake are nerfed so they're just like everyone else.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
As long as they bring hit stun back, and they don't do anything to ruin it on a competitive level like they did with Brawl. For this reason, I'm very pessimistic of another Smash game for Wii.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Short answer:

If it's better than Brawl, has more features(better stage builder, better online), etc - Yes.

Even if all they did was just add a better online, better stage building, add maybe just 5 new characters(as long as they weren't rushed), I'd still buy it for full price($50).

Long Answer(Here's what I want, at least that is):
My suggestions for the new SSB4(most of them are just simple suggestions):

1. If possible, 6 player mode. No need to adjust any stages or anything, most stages could fit 6 players(it'd be crowded, but it'd fit).

No need to try to rebalance anything either because of 6 players. Add 6 players but keep it simple and don't change anything because of 2 extra players.

2. Make names "colored" in accordance to the player slot. First player should have a "Red" name, second player "Blue", etc.

This only really matters for 4 player FFA mode and if you're sitting far away from the TV and playing with a group people. Sometimes, I forget where the heck my character is, especially hard if someone else is also playing a character that looks like yours.

Simple change.

2b. Speaking of making names colored. Make names colored in Team Battles, so you don't have to be forced to pick a color for a character.

3. More control customization. Allow you to map "Select" button to "Taunts", so you can free up some space on the D-pad for other controls.

Holding select while pressing the D-pad should activate the taunt instead of just pressing the D-pad.

4. Add all bosses or optional characters, playable, in "Special Brawl"(or whatever SSB4 will be called).

Being able to play as or against master hand or crazy hand at anytime would be fun.

5. Allow you to adjust the appearance rate of assist trophies and pokemons in "items". Like if I wanted to play with only Lyn as an assist trophy, make it possible.

6. For special brawl/mode - Allow you to set specials only on one player. For example, if I wanted one person to be giant, another person be metal, and another person have flaming curry, it should be an option for this in the new SSB game.

If I had to pick one(well 2), things from the list I REALLY WANT TO SEE IN SSB4:

1. 6 player support(if possible) - 6 players would be fun(and chaotic), again, only if it is possible and NO NEED TO CHANGE ANY STAGES. All stages in Brawl can handle 6 players fine, it'd be crowded but IT'D WORK.

2. COLORED NAME TAGS - YES PLEASE. Again, for the reason, see above.

I think SSB4 is "hinted" at coming out. Nintendo polled the public(to anyone who registered Brawl on the Nintendo site) whether they want a new Smash game or not. I am guessing most people voted(out of scale of 1-7), at least 5+.

Originally Posted by ShaolinAce View Post
Save it for next gen when we ctach up to sony and microsoft.
Catch up? Explain.
Two things:

1. An actual hard drive or something for Downloadable content(AKA, PS3 and Xbox360).

2. Better online.

Also, in case anyone didn't see this(click).

Steelia

Smash Champion
Eh, we've already seen what's capable on the Wii and quite frankly I'm not that impressed.
I second that. The Wii's nothing compared to what the PS3 and X360 deliver... No downloadable content? Instant failure, in my opinion. That's one reason I don't like playing Brawl... Never get a chance to get Mewtwo back, unless some other method is made (such as a Director's Cut or something rather... but I'm just throwing out ideas).

But, if there ever is another Smash game made for the Wii, bring it at me! I don't care if three Smash games appear on the Wii... The more, the better.
Seriously, though, if they don't have Mewtwo... I don't know if I'll waste my time. If they can cut someone as major as him out, I'd rather not grow fond of more characters that'll more than likely be cut out later.

Great decision, Sakurai. Very nice.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm for saving it for next gen. After being let down by Brawl this gen, I wouldn't care about all of the delays and I'd treat it as I do new Sonic games -- wait until it comes out, try it, and if I don't like it then I'm not buying it.

If it includes tripping though, there's a 99% chance that I won't get it anyways.

Just wait until next generation, give it some time, don't make it failtastic like Brawl, add back all of the ATs and all of the characters from Melee, and I'll be happy.

And Steelia, I'm with you. Bring Mewtwo back, he's one of the most deserving Pokemon reps and they cut him for Lucario, of all Pokemon.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'd be happy if they just ported Melee and added Brawl features, including better Wi-Fi, maybe keep all the Melee chars and just add the Brawl ones
This would be fantastic, then we wouldn't be stuck with Brawl for however long it takes for another Smash to be released. But ya, if they just released a Smash game with any depth at all, I would be ecstatic.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I would want Brawl, but make it more melee 2.0ish, AKA remove the bull****.
L cancelling
Wavedashing
Less floaty
No Tripping
More characters
Faster than melee
More technical than melee
and Shiggy to make it.

You asked for an opinion and gosh darn it you got an opinion. Flame away.

The Pope Of Pie

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't mind on what platform it came out on.

But if comes out on the next gen, it probably shouldn't be in the first set of games released.
They should wait a little while and add a few of the characters that hopefully are created for the next gen console to make smash look less like a look back in history (not that thats a bad things) and a more of a running commentary.

Caz many of the characters currently in brawl haven't been doing much since Melee.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Just save it for next gen. Add something that will keep us playing for months on or years.

I'm hoping for a better adventure mode. Subspace was at it's best in the beginning and went downhill towards the end. Also, it wasn't that much of a challenge. I pretty much unlocked all the characters within 7 hours of receiving Brawl through the mode. They should add a feature where you earn points after completing a stage, as you get more you can buy some things at the end of the adventure and restart with those unlocked things and maybe a secret powerful dungeon? I'm sure all Tales fans know this same method as the Grade Shop. Or something else that'll make the mode fun and not...repetitive.

Wi-Fi matches, definitely needs improvement (more modes anyone?). That is all.

Fletch

Smash Master
Just save it for next gen. Add something that will keep us playing for months on or years.

I'm hoping for a better adventure mode. Subspace was at it's best in the beginning and went downhill towards the end. Also, it wasn't that much of a challenge. I pretty much unlocked all the characters within 7 hours of receiving Brawl through the mode. They should add a feature where you earn points after completing a stage, as you get more you can buy some things at the end of the adventure and restart with those unlocked things and maybe a secret powerful dungeon? I'm sure all Tales fans know this same method as the Grade Shop. Or something else that'll make the mode fun and not...repetitive.

Wi-Fi matches, definitely needs improvement (more modes anyone?). That is all.
Do you honestly care about the adventure mode? Maybe if they didn't waste so much time with SSE we would have gotten a decent game out of Brawl... Gameplay is what matters most in fighting games, I don't think a single-player adventure mode is going to provide that kind of replay value.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Dude, i'll take smash anyway it comes. If they want to make the next one on NES i'll mail in my deposit. I want as much smash, ASAP.

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
More characters. 35 isn't nearly enough.
More stage building options. It's too basic.
More items (less important)

The key in Smash is diversity. The game has as much lastability as the diversity in the game, it only gets boring from playing the same characters on the same stages with the same items. Give us 50 characters at the very minimum, vast stage building capabilities and more items to mess around with. (BTW I'm talking for the general population that buys and plays SSB. The one that doesn't care about Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, floatiness [whatever the hell that is anyway], tripping or the likes)

IDC about anything else as long as we get that diversity for brawls. It would be nice to have it on Wii, but if they have to wait until the next console for it then ok.

ZodXx

Smash Cadet
i dont think that the "tradition" is important at all. nintendo could release 5 smashes for wii and i wouldnt care. as long as they are as fun and addictive as the rest.

BEES

Smash Lord
If they release something on the same platform it should be an expansion for existing games. If they had an expansion for any of the 3 games, maybe with a few more characters, few more modes, better online support, I'd be all over it.

tabuu13

Smash Rookie
I do not want another Wii Smash game.
I see that if they make another Smash game for the Wii, it will be rushed and, although some people would like this, it would be just a Brawl clone. The game will probably have a minimal or even no new characters, stages or modes and will just polish up some of the game's faults (you know, that thing that's on the line).
Another point is that if they start the next game now for the Wii and, especially if it's from scratch, is that it will become the Twilight Princess of the next generation and come out on both the Wii and the next console as a launch title.
I would like another Wii Smash but it won't be as good as past games.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
I really don't care as long as it's good. Melee came out only 2 years after 64 and it was amazing.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Next Gen please. Also, why is everyone asking for headsets when Nintendo revealed Wii Speak?

Darkurai

Smash Master
In my opinion, one per console is good. If you have one Smash game at the beginning of each generation, then you can completely cover the previous generation in representation. Note that Brawl didn't have anything from a Wii game (Twilight Princess doesn't count, it was originally designed for the Gamecube. The orientation of Bridge of Eldin, as well as Link's dominant hand, are both from the Gamecube version).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would accept it if, and only if...

Sakurai spent more time working on characters and new features than "distilling gameplay", (although I don't blame him entirely for Brawl being dummed down with no hitstun, random tripping, no L-canceling, etc.; it's all part of the Wii's scheme for casual gamers; Sakurai just had to go along).

As a side note, Sakurai should release the next Adventure Mode on a seperate disc after the main game's release, so he can concentrate on adding more characters and modes to the main game.

Top Bottom