• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would anyone be interested in a melee/brawl tournaments in Coquitlam B.C.?

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I was talking to an owner of a used game shop about competitive smash yesterday, and he voiced interest. He has a venue we could use and is willing to invest into these tournaments to make them awesome. Before i go ahead and start organizing an event, I'd like an idea of how many people would turn out.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Melee - yes

Brawl - if it's on the same day as melee, and not happening at the same time as melee (must be after) then maybe

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
announce a date and more interest will be shown . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . maybe lol

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Ok. I just wanted to get a feel if there would be enough of an attendance to make this worth while. I will talk with the owner today and let everyone know when he gets back to me.

After Talking with the owner, i think the tournament will be on Saturday Oct 3rd. We have enough Gamecubes but, only about 3 or 4 tvs and 3 wiis so far. If you guys could give me some feed back on how many you think we will need that would be appreciated. I will give more concrete times when he gets back to me. Hope to see you there!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I believe the venue is called Home Video. The address is 3274 Coast Meridian, Port Coquitlam. The venue is roughly 3500 sq ft from what the owner has told me. I live in abbotsford so I'm not too sure about public transit but I'm sure there is a stop close enough. Parking shouldn't be an issue due to the location of the store and from what i recall there are a lot of places to eat around.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Okay, well if I can find out how exactly to get there, I should be able to make it. I will be going primarily for Brawl *puts up flame shield* but I'll likely dabble in a bit of Melee on the side.

:005:

breez

Smash Ace
Hey guys - unfortunately this is trying to be a more brawl geared event. YES we already know there is a huge melee scene in BC, and YES we know "how much better melee is", but there are about a million other events throughout the year for melee, so while we will be holding a melee tourny for you guys, we are trying to keep it primarily brawl!

I will be posting directions and public transit stuff in about a week from now. For now though, tell your friends! We want BC to get an actual brawl scene going.

Thanks guys, and please don't look at this as hate towards melee, just more love towards brawl :)

Metà

Smash Master
I probably won't be going to this if Brawl is the center of attention. I only have so many hours I can dedicate to Smash this semester due to heavy homework loads, and I want that time to be well-spent. (ie: not waiting for painfully long Brawl matches to finish)

There goes 3 potential set-ups.....

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
yeah if it's centered around brawl I wont be going lol

and there used to be a brawl scene...and it was basically the melee people anyway but we all got bored of it so =(

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, Due to my work schedule, I will have to post pone the tournament. I'm not sure when i will reschedule too at this time. Sorry.

Top Bottom