• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would anyone be interested in a melee/brawl tournaments in Coquitlam B.C.?

Solid-Slade

Smash Rookie
Hello, I have never been to a tournament before but I would love to start going regularly. I live in Coquitlam I have a car, Wii, GC , Melee,Brawl and a 32' HD tv I would be willing to bring if need be.

If some people live near me I would be willing to pick them up and drop them off also if need be. Tournaments are not the most important thing for me I just really want some people to play with so if anyone wants to get together and have a few matches let me know.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sounds great. =D This thread is really old, but we have a much more developed scene then we did before. I don't know what the plans are for the next tournaments, but you'll probably want to contact LFL for Brawl tournaments, and hang around the various BC threads for Melee tournaments. Of course, people are always down for just getting together and smashing as well. =D

:005:

Solid-Slade

Smash Rookie
Well when it comes to people not being able to catch buses I have a car and dont mind doing some driving. I wont be going and picking everyone up or anything but I am willing to pick people up from the bus loop or another central area.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Firefly. Since LFL is KO right now... do you have any Idea when the next Phoenix/ or whatever is happening? The VI smashers are getting restless... :/

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
LFL PLEASE HOST A BRAWL TOURNY!!

i wanna play some brawl with guys!!

i'm gonna take the airplane in july 31

pleado do the tourny !

Solid-Slade

Smash Rookie
I would be down for a brawl tourney but I much much much much prefer melee. Idk if any of you have tried brawl+ but its kind of fun, I prefer it over vBrawl.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
I would be down for a brawl tourney but I much much much much prefer melee. Idk if any of you have tried brawl+ but its kind of fun, I prefer it over vBrawl.
*looks at Ganon Icon* ... Can't say I'm surprised...

Btw... Would anyone be interested in a possible tournament on the Island if no one on the mainland plans to host one? I think it's possible...

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Island you mean Victoria??

I wanna go to victoria before i take the plane to my country.

Count with me in that tourny(melee n brawl)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
I don't have a wii with me...

I only play brawl in touraments..

Maybe you know for the guy in facebook "Daniel Pantoja"

BTw people there is a new Russian guy in my school who played with armada in a France tourny..

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I will ask Blue Yoshi. :)
You did not ask me, some guy on allisbrawl who happens to have the same name as your smashboards name asked me.

Anyways... :p

A tournament is always possible. I can *try* to book a weekend off work (I'll make sure I get verbal approval from my manager).

Deap, two things:

1. When do you leave? I'll try to make it before then... but depending on the date, I cannot guarantee it (worst case scenario, I'll try to make it the weekend before you leave).

2. I think that's the first time I have ever seen you make four posts in a row without saying "money match" :p

But yeah... when do you leave? I'll try to make it so you're still here.

Also, who else will be coming? Hopefully we can have a major tournament here (where most of BC shows up :p)

Max113

Smash Apprentice
You did not ask me, some guy on allisbrawl who happens to have the same name as your smashboards name asked me.

Anyways... :p

A tournament is always possible. I can *try* to book a weekend off work (I'll make sure I get verbal approval from my manager).

Deap, two things:

1. When do you leave? I'll try to make it before then... but depending on the date, I cannot guarantee it (worst case scenario, I'll try to make it the weekend before you leave).

2. I think that's the first time I have ever seen you make four posts in a row without saying "money match" :p

But yeah... when do you leave? I'll try to make it so you're still here.

Also, who else will be coming? Hopefully we can have a major tournament here (where most of BC shows up :p)
Absolute worst case, couldn't we just have a biweekly if Deap comes to the Island. (If no one wants to do a tourney...)

Btw... Congrats on becoming a Mod! :D

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
yeah

if you make a biweekly i'll go!

only 1 condition

MM me in melee and brawl

all the islanders :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Absolute worst case, couldn't we just have a biweekly if Deap comes to the Island. (If no one wants to do a tourney...)

Btw... Congrats on becoming a Mod! :D
Yes we could... but as someone who attends almost all biweeklies... you know they aren't biweeklies due to my work schedule being lame and always making me work on weekends (not entirely true, but enough that it feels like it. I do get weekends off... but... meh you know what I mean :p)

And thanks :) Be careful with what you say Max, as I now have the power to ban you! MWAHAHAHAHA :p (and you know I would ;) lol jk :p)

yeah

if you make a biweekly i'll go!

only 1 condition

MM me in melee and brawl

all the islanders :)
I'll money match you in both :)

eric's tourny?
I meant we will have an island tourney before July... 26th I said? meh, you know what I mean :p

Between now and July 26th, I should be guaranteed to have at least one weekend off.

42_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-5366-1431
Yes. I think you guys should host Phoenix 3 in Victoria, so I may be able to partake in this tourney.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
do you know me??

have we played before?:confused:
*facepalm* We played in pools at Phoenix 1... I was the Snake player that you said looked like M2K... Orange hair... glasses.... when we had to do a tie-breaker for pool positions (MK ditto on Rainbow Cruse...)

Ring any bells? XD

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
*facepalm* We played in pools at Phoenix 1... I was the Snake player that you said looked like M2K... Orange hair... glasses.... when we had to do a tie-breaker for pool positions (MK ditto on Rainbow Cruse...)

Ring any bells? XD
ohh i remember now haha XD

i played very bad with you

cos i dont care about pools haha

ur snake is pretty good:)

Max113

Smash Apprentice
ohh i remember now haha XD

i played very bad with you

cos i dont care about pools haha

ur snake is pretty good:)
Haha, thanks. I love a good game! :]