• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst John you've ever heard?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
OH AND THIS IS A EPIC ONE from my little sister
"you do something to the game so that you win"

rofl
LITTLE SISTER JOHNS.
2good.

Worst john I've ever heard would have to be
"This game hates me."
By me and my crewmate FIHI. :laugh:

In 2D

Smash Cadet
I'm a Falcon player, this is from a jiggs player:

"That N-air never misses, I dare not challenge it..."

ThePandaMan

Smash Rookie
I've never been to a tournament before (hoping to change that) and i expect to lose, often. I'm not a complainer, but i tend to be a swearer. I have to remember not to do that (family event, etc). If i do complain, it will be something along the lines of, "*bleep* why does your <character> have to be so smeksy?"

Amusing side note; how many Melee players smoke? *raises hand*

DISCLAIMER: If you don't smoke, don't go out of your way to start. If you can function well without them, then don't bother.

And to make this relevant; Playing Smash Bros 64 with my little bro (he was 6 at the time, early game bloomer, so proud) anyways here is a conscript:

"Hey! Why are you being so cheap!"
"I dunno"
"Well, stop it, it's not fair!"
"What have i told you to do when someone is being cheap?"
"Ummm...be more cheap back?"
"There ya go!"

Next round he won, legitimately too. He followed my advice, picked Cfalcon, and whooped my jigglypuff. I was so proud.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I knew a guy named John once. He was terrible. I could beat him with Pichu, and I'm terrible with Pichu.

CaptHappyFace

Smash Apprentice
But still the whole John concept will live through every game, and always will. Just like yesterday playin Halo, we lost and a guy on my team said "****, my team sucks. The only reason Tailz got kills is because he finished off people that I shot at." (btw i know this is SMASH boards, just adding to the convo)

But back to Smash, I've heard people make johns about people on their team. For example Player A complaining that the reason their team lost, is cause his teammate,Player B, hit them too many times, and then killed him. I felt bad for his teammate, cause player A just makes him look bad, and makes himself look good. It's sad

No matter if you love it or hate it. It will always be there. Which is the annoyin thing about it

"It's cloudy outside. That's why I lost." (We were in a room with no windows >_>)

"I have a corn on my toe"

"Jesus just came to me in a vision to tell me something important, so I couldn't focus on the match" (He was dead serious)

King~

Smash Champion
worst john i heard happened yesterday playing my cousin

Me: WTF y'd u take it out i was just gettin warmed up
*cousin throws disc across room*
me:WTF
Him: u started breaking my game with that sliding S%^t
Me:lol
Him: plus since we were playing that sucky a$$ game i had to use my controller where the c-stick dosent work.
*he puts in brawl*
Me: lol
Him: now this is a real mans game none of that sliding crap here

i was rolling on the flooring holding my stomach for a while after that.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
"I'm colorblind and couldn't see your character" (on DK64)

Oh wait...I made that john. :(

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
Lol,
tourny set,
my doc vs friends link

he beat me
i got sheik, and he beat me,

so i johned and said it was cuz i used sheik
LOL

(it was a complete joke rofl, and it was a year ago-ish, so dont ask how i lost with sheik -_- )

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I once heard a story about a certain Smasher who lost a tournament set, and blamed it on the fact that he was still shook up about the fact that his girlfriend was in a minor car accident two weeks before the tournament. If that wasn't bad enough, I later learned that this certain Smasher didn't even have a girlfriend at the time.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
After owning my friend at brawl he said: "Well, I haven't even played this game since last time you came over."
Last time over at his house: 1 week ago.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"It's because you play peach and are physicly able to press the C-stick down"

Wait thats a viable john.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Friend: God, stop edgeguarding it's so cheap!
Me: then why don't you do it?
Friend: I don't know how to...

Rofl

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
This one was my little brother, so I didn't take it too seriously:

"Stop using your up-B to get back on the stage, it's so cheap!!!"

Zelareth

Smash Cadet
This one is from my two friends Spencer (using C.Falcon) and David (using Falco):

David: *spamming dtilts*
Spencer: *walks up behind and fsmashes*
David: You're dead.
Spencer: What?
David: You're dead.
Spencer: What the hell are you talking about?
David: If you stand in this circle, you're dead.
Spencer: *uses falcon punch* If you step into this falcon punch, you're dead.
David: *puts down controller and leaves*

Point is, he used a move that missed and basically john'ed that if he had been hit he would've gotten a stock. (Someone doesn't know the rule "Don't get hit")

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Hey, us colorblind people can have some serious problems with some games. T_T
Yeah, unless the TV is on very high contrast or brightness I can't see a lot of the darkly colored characters on dark stages. Like I can't see black Marth, most of the Ganons, etc., on stages like Battlefield, DK64, and to a lesser extent FD. I mean I can see them but it's difficult to follow their movements because their colors and the background colors look the same to me. At a tournament one time I was in a pools match with somebody on a really dark TV and he counterpicked DK64. I asked him if I could turn up the contrast since I'm colorblind and he objected to that. Needless to say I lost the match and the set because of it. :(

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yeah, unless the TV is on very high contrast or brightness I can't see a lot of the darkly colored characters on dark stages. Like I can't see black Marth, most of the Ganons, etc., on stages like Battlefield, DK64, and to a lesser extent FD. I mean I can see them but it's difficult to follow their movements because their colors and the background colors look the same to me. At a tournament one time I was in a pools match with somebody on a really dark TV and he counterpicked DK64. I asked him if I could turn up the contrast since I'm colorblind and he objected to that. Needless to say I lost the match and the set because of it. :(
Your just johnning. ^_^ (Not the guy he was talking about).

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's a john. :-P
I wasn't really talking about Brawl. I have no problem with that. A lot of puzzle games and such though do cause problems, though.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Gryphon and Heartz (Me and girlfriend)

---------------------------------------------

Gryphon: Ok, ima choose my boy, Pit.
Heartz: I'll use Zelda as always.
Gryphon: Mmmkay.
Announcer: 3....2....1....GO!!

Gryphon > Heartz

Gryphon: Good fight, babe. I won this time.
Heartz: I was on my period.
Gryphon: !!!!!!!

Top Bottom