• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World>USA in smash?

BBQTV

Smash Master
didn't m2k lose to ally? and now he beats ally, m2k is "that" type of person

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Wow, I just noticed this. Haha! That made my day.

M2K, did you even consider that maybe there is a reason everyone turned against you? No, of course not. More crying from you is just par for the course. I'm happy about your decision, though - you could never properly represent someone like me anyway.
Who do you think you are
Someone like YOU?

Nobody beats the US in terms of geeking out over these stupid tournaments.
Tournaments are what bring smashers together. People meet each other and make friends and that is what makes up the community. For you to call yourself better than M2K as a person when you think tournaments are stupid makes you a mother ****ing *******.

ALL you do is whine about MK. You talk about how people meatride M2K and you say he is not the best player because he plays MK. Do you know how well he does in Melee? He is the ONLY person who plays both games at the same time at a top level and places really high. People may meat ride M2K, but it is better than being a stupid scrub

You should try making tournaments that are actually interesting to people old enough to drive.
You are so out of touch with the community I don't even know why you keep coming here.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Do you have a bookmark to my profile so you can reply to every post I make with "MK" in it? Get a life, kid.

Who do you think you are
Someone like YOU?
**** straight. Like ME. Someone who plays the game for FUN. Someone who enjoys a challenge more than winning. Someone who plays both graciously and fairly. Someone with enough social skill to understand that not only should BOTH players enjoy the match, but also EVERYONE ELSE watching.

In other words, someone people cheer for at a tournament.

Djent

Smash Champion
**** straight. Like ME. Someone who plays the game for FUN. Someone who enjoys a challenge more than winning. Someone who plays both graciously and fairly. Someone with enough social skill to understand that not only should BOTH players enjoy the match, but also EVERYONE ELSE watching.

Enough social skill? Dude, your last two posts are among the rudest I've ever read. It even has me coming out to defend some guy I don't even know, and that's saying something. I don't think I've ever seen you post anything positive EVER. And the funny part is, you're *completely entitled* to do whatever you think is "gracious" and "fair;" that's your call. But the way you talk down to people would have me cheering for Plank ahead of you.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
SLeek ur WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY late in the convo...

M2K was upset that pple root against him even tho he was standing up 4 the USA(similar 2 what Mango did when he 1st went against Armada).

So I can see Y he is mad... But like I told him, haters gonna hate.

On TOP of that, When u play ANYTHING U PLAY 2 WIN! So just becuz u weren't entertained doesn't mean every1 else wasn't. I'm sorry... that 1st 3 stock was nothing short of sexy... seeing that was like watching 3 girls go 2 work on my **** w/ thier mouths only. **** was amazing! (Trust me I kno) Oli has ALWAYS BEEN GAY, no1 has noticed it cuz no1 gives him much attention and they underestimate the upB but hey maybe we will learn

Anyways...

I STILL think the greatest Brawl player was Azen Z

He kept gettin 2nd mainly 2 M2K... w/ Lucario!!! Azen only scrubbed out cuz he didn't care anymore.

If He kept playing things wudda been interesting!!! Now dat ADHD n Ally r Super beast... & Now DEHF is in that category.

Plus U got players like

Lee Martin, Nickriddle, Lain , San, Shaky, & Boss

I'm kinda glad that so many other players have stepped up like this!

But I still miss Azen :-(

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
SLeek ur WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY late in the convo...

M2K was upset that pple root against him even tho he was standing up 4 the USA(similar 2 what Mango did when he 1st went against Armada).

So I can see Y he is mad... But like I told him, haters gonna hate.

On TOP of that, When u play ANYTHING U PLAY 2 WIN! So just becuz u weren't entertained doesn't mean every1 else wasn't. I'm sorry... that 1st 3 stock was nothing short of sexy... seeing that was like watching 3 girls go 2 work on my **** w/ thier mouths only. **** was amazing! (Trust me I kno) Oli has ALWAYS BEEN GAY, no1 has noticed it cuz no1 gives him much attention and they underestimate the upB but hey maybe we will learn

Anyways...

I STILL think the greatest Brawl player was Azen Z

He kept gettin 2nd mainly 2 M2K... w/ Lucario!!! Azen only scrubbed out cuz he didn't care anymore.

If He kept playing things wudda been interesting!!! Now dat ADHD n Ally r Super beast... & Now DEHF is in that category.

Plus U got players like

Lee Martin, Nickriddle, Lain , San, Shaky, & Boss

I'm kinda glad that so many other players have stepped up like this!

But I still miss Azen :-(
a little too much info there, eh pimp? lol

The one big reason for me cheering for Brood when Mew2King and him faced was because it made things that much more exciting for me. Underdogs going up against someone whose known as one of the best is always something you want to see as a spectator. I really should be rooting for Jason though if we had to go with neighbouring countries and all, but Japan performing like they did in America was exactly what I was hoping for, simply because of threads like this being made.

America needed to be humbled and shown that they're not the center of the universe and they share the competition with everyone around the world. Personally, I find the "USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!" chants to be, while patriotic, to be grating at times and condescending to other countries who come to compete. S'like going, "WE'RE THE BEST. WE'RE THE BEST. WE'RE THE BEST." or something.

It's only natural that people are going to want to see upsets. It makes things more interesting and more exciting.

I'm no weaboo Japan-riding guy when I want someone like Brood to win, and Mew2King and him put on a great show. Everybody who came from Japan did and I'd pay to see something like that happen again.

Ah I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. I need sleep. lmao

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Do you have a bookmark to my profile so you can reply to every post I make with "MK" in it? Get a life, kid.

Don't tell me to get a life you ****ing *******. I would never waste my bookmark space on something like your profile. Any time there is something to do with M2K, I just see you here, whining and putting M2K down JUST because you don't like MK. You are so oblivious to his background I really resent all these dumb accusations.

You think M2K doesn't play smash for fun? He loves smash and loves to travel and has a lot of fun doing that. He doesn't want to get a job because smashing and traveling are fun to him, something you obviously wouldn't know because all you do is hate on him for dumb reasons.

Wtf is fair? Are you saying M2K is not playing fair? Do you know what the definition of fair is?

legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.

If M2K didn't enjoy a challenge I don't why he would want to go back to Japan. He is moving his *** there to redeem himself. This is ****ing losers's finals both players don't necessarily have to enjoy the match for ****s sake. I honestly can't believe that you think no one cheers for M2K. You are the dumbest "smasher" on earth and need to learn how to argue. Every time I make a point you cherry pick out the easiest to refute, you didn't even reply to my "tournaments are stupid" response.

No one would ever cheer for a smasher who thinks tournaments are stupid.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
a little too much info there, eh pimp? lol
The one big reason for me cheering for Brood when Mew2King and him faced was because it made things that much more exciting for me. Underdogs going up against someone whose known as one of the best is always something you want to see as a spectator. I really should be rooting for Jason though if we had to go with neighbouring countries and all, but Japan performing like they did in America was exactly what I was hoping for, simply because of threads like this being made.
I'm an underdog lover too. It is extremely interesting to see someone pull an upset.

America needed to be humbled and shown that they're not the center of the universe and they share the competition with everyone around the world. Personally, I find the "USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!" chants to be, while patriotic, to be grating at times and condescending to other countries who come to compete. S'like going, "WE'RE THE BEST. WE'RE THE BEST. WE'RE THE BEST." or something.
I understand what you mean here, and I mean it in the nicest way possible when I say that you're wrong. There's nothing wrong with having pride if you've earned it, and you should never feel ashamed of your success. It's not condescending, though too much boasting can come back to bite you if you lose.

Political note: America doesn't need to be humbled - it needs to get back to its ***-kicking roots. And even though we're pretty much at our worst right now, we still have the best country to live and work in, hands-down. Don't buy into that crap about the US being equal to all those lesser countries.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Political note: America doesn't need to be humbled - it needs to get back to its ***-kicking roots. And even though we're pretty much at our worst right now, we still have the best country to live and work in, hands-down. Don't buy into that crap about the US being equal to all those lesser countries.
Oh lord. Are you trying to be as ignorant as possible or what?

Jeez.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
This is why everyone hates us.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Alright, I don't want to derail this into a political thing. Half of you can't even vote, and half of the rest never have anyway, so we're not gonna get anywhere. I'll just say this: If everyone hates us so much, why do more people immigrate here than anywhere else in the world? We are the best...for a little while longer at least.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Alright, I don't want to derail this into a political thing. Half of you can't even vote, and half of the rest never have anyway, so we're not gonna get anywhere. I'll just say this: If everyone hates us so much, why do more people immigrate here than anywhere else in the world? We are the best...for a little while longer at least.
STOP CLAIMING YOURSELF TO BE THE BEST. Regardless of what you think of the rest of the world, it's obnoxious - I'm not even foreign and I want you to stfu.

And that voting line, just wow...

Please, just stop talking about America, and possibly everything else too.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
What does voting have anything to do with anything? Nothing. So get off your high horse, stop being ignorant, and see that the reason European countries and people around the world see us as bigots and the like is attitudes like yours.

Life

Smash Hero
Look, Sleek, I love this place just as much as you but it's obviously annoying everyone else so we should get back on topic. (I wish I could add something to the topic at hand but unfortunately I don't really have anything of value to add.)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm sorry, Plank. I assumed everyone would know I meant "Plank when camping the **** out of a game that he hates" and not just "Plank" in general. My bad; I have nothing against you. :embarrass
hahaha XD :p

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
because the United States is the only place on the planet where you can still get benefits that a citizen gets even though youre not one. Learn your **** dude, youre officially the biggest idiot ive ever known >.>

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I mean in all honesty he does have a SMALL LOGICAL POINT...

Although we shud b less of a D1Q about it we ARE the best country in the world but U kno... the Republicans put in is a DUMBAZZ WHOLE and since certain people wanna stay on top they won't make teh greater sacrifice for the greater good

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I'll be honest, those are some scary replies. If you actually want to debate, make a topic for it or PM me. Otherwise, just drop it. This isn't the place.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You are so dumb, I am repeat this every single time you post something stupid.
Having the ability to vote or not has nothing to do with anything.

People immigrate here because it is the land of opportunity, not the land of c00l people

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'll be honest, those are some scary replies. If you actually want to debate, make a topic for it or PM me. Otherwise, just drop it. This isn't the place.
Not the place my ***, you started it here, we can finish it here.

Scary replies how? Because they challenge your belief that America is the best no matter what? That isn't the case. How about you go to the slums and then come back and tell me that this is the best place in the world to live. You know what? That poverty filled neighborhoods and straight up dirty places are where most people end up immigrating to, if they come here.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Not the place my ***, you started it here, we can finish it here.
Scary replies how? Because they challenge your belief that America is the best no matter what? That isn't the case. How about you go to the slums and then come back and tell me that this is the best place in the world to live. You know what? That poverty filled neighborhoods and straight up dirty places are where most people end up immigrating to, if they come here.
Okay, Mr. Fifteen year old who knows so much about the world. Why don't you start by telling us which countries are better than the USA?

HugS™

Smash Lord
The USA will always be the best in competitive smash. We have the superior mindset.

Life

Smash Hero
LOL at the image, not because it's funny but because I know where those statistics came from.

Also, I saw the word "Republican" which basically makes this topic an auto-lock now. Sigh.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
wellingtongrey.net. Interesting source you chose...do you actually know anything about the information behind that image?

By the way, I can use google to find pictures, too. Check it!

Aw yeah.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Statistics
And how much of this actually determines how powerful a country is?

Let's be honest, when it comes to what nation is number one the world cares about none of that.
What nation has the strongest economy? We do.
Notice how our GDP nearly triples that of the next largest nation (Japan)?
What nation has the strongest military? We do.

You can argue all you want, but at the end of the day there is one country that will be number one where it actually matters in the world. We are the wealthiest country, and the strongest country. Finland can't claim that.

Are we perfect? Of course not. Most Americans are ignorant, and will blindly claim that we are the best at everything. I'll admit that we are far from perfect, but at least the United States can claim we are the best at what matters the most in the world.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
And how much of this actually determines how powerful a country is?

Let's be honest, when it comes to what nation is number one the world cares about none of that.
What nation has the strongest economy? We do.
Notice how our GDP nearly triples that of the next largest nation (Japan)?
What nation has the strongest military? We do.

You can argue all you want, but at the end of the day there is one country that will be number one where it actually matters in the world. We are the wealthiest country, and the strongest country. Finland can't claim that.

Are we perfect? Of course not. Most Americans are ignorant, and will blindly claim that we are the best at everything. I'll admit that we are far from perfect, but at least the United States can claim we are the best at what matters the most in the world.
From a Realist perspective, yes, you are right, but China may very well replace us in the not too distant future.

Still no need to be a douche bag like Sleek was being

Top Bottom