• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
Thieves In The Night some of my Favorite verses ever.

I would listen to that song every night last summer on my way back from my night shift.

I dont know whose verse I like more.

"The question is rhetorical, the answer is horrible."

:phone:

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Okay, I went to Best Buy the other day and found both Illmatic and Stillmatic for 4.99. Big mistake in not buying them. I also found a copy of Attention Deficit. I was like "wtf?". Anyways, they weren't carrying any Frank Ocean Channel Orange for some reason so I bought Life Is Good and Live From The Underground. Why is nobody talking about Big Krit? I honestly think dude is one of the MOST underrated artists in the game. That's just my opinion. Live From The Underground is NOT his best work but it IS solidly structured and the beats are probably his best.

As for the Nas album, I didn't have any problem with the beat selection or hooks, but that may be just me. I also thought the entire album was ****in' NASTY (pun intended) my only problem was having Miguel on Summer On Smash. Me and my home slice were listening to it and then we heard Miguel Ying Yang rappin and singing and we were like wtf is going on? I got the deluxe addition which also provides Nasty, Black Bond, Roses, and Wheres the Love.

I definitely have my summer music lineup ready. Now I'm just waiting for Slaughterhouse and Lupe to drop their albums!!!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol @ "me and my home slice".

I sort of understand why Summer On Smash is there a little more now, especially since it kinda ties into some of the things he was saying on World's an Addiction.

Still hate it sonically, though.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I still can't stand Summer on Smash.

And I've talked about K.R.I.T. before. Nobody listened though. Said the album was a solid 7.5-8/10.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I know this is offtopic but we are always off topic in this thread.

Y'all heard about that shooting in Colorado for Dark Knight Rises? I went to the Batman premiere and there was this lady dressed up as Catwoman who brought in batons and they took them from her. I don't know much about what happened in Colorado but it just sent chills down my back knowing that I could have been getting my *** handed to me by a deranged Catwoman.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
Summer On Smash is still terrible to me. I've given it so many chances, hasn't grown on me.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I apologize if this has been posted already but I just listened to it and had to share... this song made me officially a fan of dude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U&feature=player_embedded
Yes I was quite impressed with this video as well when I saw. o_o
I sort of understand why Summer On Smash is there a little more now, especially since it kinda ties into some of the things he was saying on World's an Addiction.

Still though,
I can't stand Summer on Smash.
Samples.

Savon

Smash Ace
My friends and I went to panama city Florida for the weekend and had a blast, but before the trip I got Life is Good. My friends like Nas, but not as much as me. I convinced them to put on the CD on the ride back home that we are still currently taking, and damn the CD is amazing, and they love it too. Swizz beats repeats himself too often in songs and it makes him annoying. I'm not crazy about summer on smash, but damn an amazing CD.

:phone:

Jane

Smash Hero
any of yall use twitter? i made one a couple days ago and i'm liking it so far so if you do, lets get connected. @es_todo6

soap

Smash Hero

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm following all of you I'm @Champ_Slice

This is for anybody who appreciates getting high. I don't smoke so I'm not feeling it at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gx1X0vLB2E
lol these kids look 13.

also no sound for like the first 50 seconds.

the song also isn't good. I can take songs that are just about getting high but this has no cleverness, no hook and nothing of substance. it's literally "yo we smokin weed, my eyes look chinese" off rhythm to the beat and shots of little kids smoking cess for 5 minutes.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
I'm following all of you I'm @Champ_Slice

This is for anybody who appreciates getting high. I don't smoke so I'm not feeling it at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gx1X0vLB2E
well, that was exceptionally terrible

video was terrible, lyrics was terrible, production was terrible, and that wack *** asap rocky/tyler pitched down **** is totally played out. absolutely horrible

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Lol I'm showing them these comments cause thats the same **** I said. Lol, I has absolutely nothing to do with it. They recorded on my equipment while we were playing 2k next thing I know they have a video together and I just put it on Youtube.

@Serin
I assume your talking about my twitter account?

Top Bottom