• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

soap

Smash Hero
no, that's perfectly legitimate

you don't have to be an audiophile to tell the difference between V0 vbr and a crappy 128 cbr rip

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
^ lol

I want to check DR and RE but don't want to download lol. Problem is no £ lol

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
@luigi: whoever said that doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. just bought my copy and all the reviews i've read were all positive.

@purple: lol at "all". he only had like 2 albums.

@matador: that album wasn't that terrible lol. well wait.....maybe. just stick with GRODT or power of a dollar.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yea, i'm exaggerating, it was actually pretty decent.

When it comes to 50, i'm just so disrespectful....

soap

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOKROODcPZI&feature=related

J. cole is so smooth, and electronica wasn't bad. mos is always decent

thats how u ***** do a feature on your album.

thats what pissed me off the most about ***** blueprint 3. He had drake and cudi and didn't give anybody a verse, just had them do a wack chorus. How is that a "blueprint" for the future?

enough hating, im enjoyin the new album so far

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
That's good to hear. I've been pretty hyped for it. I guess I'll nab it now.
i mean if you are kinda unsure, i'd check out some of the tracks that's on youtube: As We Enter, Friends, Patience, Nah Mean, etc just to kind of get a feel for the album. it does sound different from a traditional nas album but dope, nonetheless.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol my sister and her boyfriend bumped that ****in song so much i got sick of it. i can dig it tho. drake's grown on me lately >__>
haha I bumped that song so much too. I'm pretty disappointed with drake's material since So Far Gone, he raps about the same **** and his flow has become aggravating to listen to. Comeback Season(2007) was a sick tape though, can't tell you how many spins I gave that, that's the drake that was raw as ****,and I recommend everyone who enjoys good hip hop to cop it. .

Anyways, Bun B murders uptown.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I like Comeback Season too. But raw as **** wouldn't be my way of describing it lol people make it out to be amazing. It's on a par with So Far Gone.

Thank Me Later official tracklist has dropped.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i'll probably download Thank Me Later before i consider buying it. It's still questionable for me.

doesn't Bar Exam 3 drop in a few days? that should hold me over until albums start dropping next month.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
:/ unless drake has some really clever rhymes and wordplay, then I'd buy it. but i have a very strong feeling that this is gonna be a pop album.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Drake is good at what he does. No one's turning to him for the bars. Dude makes good music.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i actually think he's a very very mediocre singer. i mean his choruses are cool and all but when he tries to sing the whole track, it comes out really boring to me. i really only listen because his overall sound is cool, not so much that i'm feelin what he has to say on his tracks.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah its really nothing specific about him that makes him shine - he just knows how to put together a track that my ears will enjoy _/(O.o)\_

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
i actually think he's a very very mediocre singer. i mean his choruses are cool and all but when he tries to sing the whole track, it comes out really boring to me. i really only listen because his overall sound is cool, not so much that i'm feelin what he has to say on his tracks.
Yeah, his voice is good, but what he's saying is boring.

PK Mao

Smash Rookie
I agree, I think Drake's singing sucks, as does Kid Cudi's. Though Cudi's voice sometimes works for me anyway (especially Already Home off Blueprint 3), while we're on the topic of newer rappers, I think B.o.B has the best singing voice of them all.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I kind of like Cudi's voice. Sky Might Fall is my favorite song of his, and it's pretty much all singing. But his voice is kind of distinct, like you either like it or don't. Drake's voice is ehhhh, and I really like B.o.B.'s.

Jane

Smash Hero
technically thats not off topic :b

and i think the better question is - who HASNT heard colt 45 by afroman? lol

PK Mao

Smash Rookie
I don't think Cudi is good of singing, but his voice still has a sort of charm to it, which makes songs like Day'n'Nite work.

But B.o.B. on "Let Me Fall" and "Past My Shades" are my favorite songs on the album (not to mention I'll Be In Sky, which somehow isn't on the album but is what turned me on to B.o.B). The ones where he brings in guests singers I really don't like as much, especially Airplanes, Nothing on You is still fantastic though.

Also I know I'm late to this but ****, Distant Relatives is pretty good, listened to it for the first time tonight.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Linguini

Smash Master
:/ unless drake has some really clever rhymes and wordplay, then I'd buy it. but i have a very strong feeling that this is gonna be a pop album.
lol wordplay isn't the draw with drake man, and theres absolutely no way TML could be a pop album.
i'll probably download Thank Me Later before i consider buying it. It's still questionable for me.

doesn't Bar Exam 3 drop in a few days? that should hold me over until albums start dropping next month.
Same for me. BE3 supposedly drops on may 29th, can't wait for that.

Rappers like cudi,eminem, and wiz khalifa aren't really talented singers but they have the ability to accentuate their songs with it. Drake and B.o.B on the other hand,are actually skilled singers.

Top Bottom