• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Neither has a truly bad song. Except every verse Bizarre is on on MMLP sucks. I hate Bizarre. The Eminem Show has some weak ones like Drips and My Dad's Gone Crazy.

Encore is mostly bad songs, with a couple of decent to good ones.

Relapse is kinda meh, but better than Encore by miles. I can't listen to crap like Bagpipes from Baghdad or Old Time's Sake.....or Crack a Bottle which is one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my entire life. But then there are hot tracks like Underground, Stay Wide Awake and Deja Vu.

soap

Smash Hero
Neither has a truly bad song. Except every verse Bizarre is on on MMLP sucks. I hate Bizarre. The Eminem Show has some weak ones like Drips and My Dad's Gone Crazy.

Relapse is kinda meh, but better than Encore by miles. I can't listen to crap like Bagpipes from Baghdad or Old Time's Sake.....or Crack a Bottle which is one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my entire life. But then there are hot tracks like Underground, Stay Wide Awake and Deja Vu.
you don't like drips? jesus i don't believe this...

that song is awesome rofl.

obie kills it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
**** straight everyone's got an opinion. I have mine and you have yours. I think we're done. Good day sir.
But Fez...

You didn't like Drips and My Dad's Gone Crazy? Lol, the only songs I found mediocre on TES were...Actually the only one was When the Music Stops because I kinda hate D12. I thought the album as a whole was fire, I don't see some of the hate it gets.

I'm pretty sure I'd lol @ anybody's favorite Eminem song. Not because it's a bad choice, but because he has a ton to choose from, so every name that'd pop up would seem like "Meh, he has better..."

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
big booty *****es
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVmNbVu2KA

^^this song is amazing lololol

@Matador: I think it's a bad choice. the song's dope but it i think it's just hype that makes people rank it beter than it actually is.

I also hate D12. Proof was decent. Bizarre ****s up any track that he's on and not in a good way.

TES was actually a good album. I hear people giving it a lot of **** but i still think it's good. Not better than his first two, though. Hopefully Recovery will be dope.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
just wanted to post this for anyone curious about the Guru/Solar story

DX: As a close associate, an employee, all these things. When was the first time you started to notice that things were not normal or healthy?

Tasha Denham: [Pauses] I think it came pretty early on, really. One of the defining moments to me when I knew something was...it was the way Solar spoke to Guru. It was always down to him. He really belittled him, and would do it in front of other people. This wasn't something he just did in private. He is a member of The [Five Percent] Nation of Gods and Earths, as is Guru. He would use that against him, to bring him down. It was important to both of them, very important. I believe Guru's a pleaser; he liked to make people happy. [Solar] would tell him that the Nation of Gods and Earths are ashamed of him, they're disappointed in him. That he doesn't live up to their teachings. I can't think of the word that they used. There was a lot of times they'd get into arguments over it. He'd sit, and Guru would try to defend himself, and Solar would just get more and more irate over it.

There was one night we were at Guru's house. I was about three months pregnant at the time. Guru kept defending himself. Guru actually stood up and kind of got in Solar's face about it. Next thing I know, Solar punched him in the face. From that point in time, he just started kicking him and hitting him. Guru was fighting back, he wasn't just sitting there being a punk, but at the same time, Guru had severe asthma. He didn't have his inhaler. He started really hyper-ventalating and really having a hard time, and Solar kept beating him. It wasn't a fight anymore, it was beating him. I felt that it was so bad that I got in between the two of them and broke it up, because I knew he wouldn't hit me of course. At that point in time, I was pregnant with his child.
Instead of stopping and making sure his partner, friend, "brother" - as he calls him was okay, Guru was sitting there saying, "I'm having an asthma attack. I need to go to the hospital. I think I'm gonna have a heart attack." He's bleeding, really shaking. Instead of stopping and calming himself down, [Solar] told me, "We're leaving," and goes and gets in the car and drives me back to the city. [He] didn't call and check on Guru, didn't make sure he was alright. That's probably one of the first times I was like, "Wow, this relationship is really unhealthy. It's a really sick relationship." After that, if I didn't physically see it myself...I saw [Guru] punched in the face numerous times with no provocation. It [would just be] that he'd get upset with something Guru would say and punch him in the face. I know he knocked a tooth out of Guru's. I know he gave him a black eye [so Guru would] have to wear glasses for photo-shoots and concerts. To listen to [Solar] talk to [Guru], you'd think he was talking to a child sometimes. Guru would tell me how bad that hurt him. He'd say, "Back when we were just friends, he never would have spoken to me this way. He always treated me with respect. Now that we're doing this record label, he has no respect. He treats me this way." There was a fear in him. Solar had distanced him from everything in his life: his family, his ex-partner, the whole Gang Starr Foundation and the music industry, really, as a whole. Guru spent a lot of time alone. A lot of time, if he wasn't with Solar, he was by himself. It was his son or Solar"

link to the entire article:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1535/title.tasha-denham-just-to-get-a-rep

Jane

Smash Hero
lol so yesterday i was playing brawl with two friends, we were doing three-for-alls, and decided to just keep doing themed battles. we chose mario luigi and wario, and of course had to go to luigi's mansion. right when we go on it, the perfect song comes on,

devils night by d12. it was so awesome haha i was just tripping on how PERFECT it was the whole match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRN7d4VEBE

seriously guys, luigi's mansion + devils night is TOO GOOD.

big booty *****es
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVmNbVu2KA

^^this song is amazing lololol

lmao, this song is tight as fuck.

also, solar is a bitc
h

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
em definitely just **** on 97% of rappers in a 2 minute FREESTYLE.
real talk,

despicable ****s on his single tho which was just so-so to me.

**** was amazing, flow is tight as always and his wordplay on this **** is beast. He also referenced mad random **** the entire time. Like fckin food network tv shows and superheroes and crap. Punchlines were pretty ill too

edit:
Not Afraid is too sick. I'd even go as far as to say (I'm gonna get a lotta flame for this) his best song ever. Recovery might be up there with TES, MMLP, and SSLP, hell, it already is.
straight up disrespect

i am hyped for recovery tho

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
just heard that Lupe, Wale, Asher Roth, Blu, Cool Kids, Charles Hamilton, B.o.B, Diggy and DJ Skateboard P are making a group........that's too many people man.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Inb4wutangclan
:laugh: that was my first though too.

@Macman: i'm not entirely sure but so far, that's the only thing i've seen. hope that's not it... and is child rebel soldier that group with lupe, kanye and pharell? i heard they've only done like one song....ever lol.

edit: i just wiki-ed "thank me later" and that was the album picture....

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Top Bottom