• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
marik - i dont know any good, like, big database sites with a huge collection of mp3's for anyone to freely download. BUT, you should try looking on blog sites/music news sites, and they usually have mp3 links from rapidshare, megaupload, and all that ****. try 2dopeboyz

soap - tiiight! :D

throwback joint of the day (i ****ing love this song so much)

biggie - ten crack commandments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmqLHWJsv18

.Marik

is a social misfit
I give up with this MP3 file sharing crap, I'm not even going to bother trying without Limewire.

YouTube will suffice for now.

Linguini

Smash Master
I like that beat,

have you heard cage's version of that

the ten leak commandments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFlsLbMlkC0
Why would I listen to that if the Biggie version is right there? :laugh:
But yeah,that beat is ill.

Currently working on a down-south beat, should be done within the week; ****s bumpin!

Adventures of Bobby Ray is so ****ing good, going to cop it at best buy tomorrow, I recommend everyone do the same!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I give up with this MP3 file sharing crap, I'm not even going to bother trying without Limewire.

YouTube will suffice for now.
I don't know if you already know this but Limewire is really horrible, one of the more horrible ways to p2p files. I say go with full album torrents or i'm sure there are huge track compilation torrents out there.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

Currently working on a down-south beat, should be done within the week; ****s bumpin!

Adventures of Bobby Ray is so ****ing good, going to cop it at best buy tomorrow, I recommend everyone do the same!
Guini, send me some of your beats.

Jane

Smash Hero
that was pretty dope. cant compare to biggie, but still sick

dangg... poor guru ):

o are you looking for a downloading PROGRAM? try soulseek

make it sound like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxvlARJ_7Ds

dem texas neggas know how to make hot *** beats boy i tell ya

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
If you know the title and artist, just google it and add 'mediafire' at the end. Works for me.

What irks me these days are the amount of autotune users. :( Honestly it all ends up sounding the same.
YES! Loving Airplanes with Hayley Williams.

jugfingers

Smash Champion

I dunno, the commandments for pcp are a little different.

speaking of the purple rain mixtape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJAZktf7zjI

see what I'm saying like comic book thought bubbles.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
also, guini, what program are you using? i've been ****ing with FLstudio for a minute and have no idea what i'm doing

Boofy!

Smash Champion
So tell me how this thread disappeared off my subscriptions and i just assumed it was as dead as Ja Rule's career? Anyway everyone get B.o.B's CD, and Eminem's new Single off "recovery" is dropping this coming weekend. =)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Ja Rule lol. Never seen someone's career get so deaded in a beef. 50 ftw. i'm really interested in seeing how recovery's gonna sound. i've heard it's supposed to be a beast from a couple big names so i'm actually excited to hear it. especially since he's gotten rid of that **** accent.

Eminem Freestyling on Over/Beamer Benz or Bentley
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhWC7DT01GntBTMliB

****. i am pretty hype about recovery.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I don't know if you already know this but Limewire is really horrible, one of the more horrible ways to p2p files. I say go with full album torrents or i'm sure there are huge track compilation torrents out there.
lol yeah, limewire is pretty much guaranteed to **** up your computer. try bittorrents or filestube.com
Because all I've ever used is Limewire, I heard about torrents. Might role with that.

My teacher said she'd download all my songs for me, haha.

Also, Aesop Rock is amazing. I can't stop listening to his songs. I love how he uses symbolism, metaphors, and abstract lyrics and concepts repeatedly in his songs.

Aesop Rock just spits, and his songs are so different and intelligent, I love him.

Of course, to each their own, but Aesop Rock is in my opinion, the most underrated and dope artist out there.

Aesop Rock- Fast Cars

The video is legit as well. I'm seriously thinking about copping the None Shall Pass, Daylight EP, and Labor Days albums directly onto my MP3. No word of a lie.

Ja Rule is a joke. His entire career is ruined, thanks to more skilled rappers.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I personally think Aesop's overrated. Aside from being liked underplayed or something, i really don't see how he can be underrated, seeing as he's one of the more well known Underground artists.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I personally think Aesop's overrated. Aside from being liked underplayed or something, i really don't see how he can be underrated, seeing as he's one of the more well known Underground artists.
He's moderately well known, but not compared to mainstream artists.

If only people saw the light. But, that's the irony of the music industry.

Blu3, you think everyone is overrated. :yoshi:

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Aesop's music is too subjective to ever get him airplay on a mainstream radio station. he can't appeal to a mass audience, which is why he'll stay underground. Doesn't really seem to be affecting his pay though.

I would like you to point out everyone i've said is overrated, otherwise your statement makes no sense.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Aesop's music is too subjective to ever get him airplay on a mainstream radio station. he can't appeal to a mass audience, which is why he'll stay underground. Doesn't really seem to be affecting his pay though.

I would like you to point out everyone i've said is overrated, otherwise your statement makes no sense.
I'm glad Aesop Rock isn't mainstream.

His originality and everything he stands for; will be shot down in flames as he conforms.

Good mainstream? I've never seen anything remotely resembling it. Enlighten me if you disagree.

Blu3, whenever somebody comes in here with an artist that isn't 50 Cent, you say the following:

1.) "I didn't like this song/album."
2.) "I don't like him."
3.) "They're overrated."
4.) "I was disappointed by ______'s album."

You're a really critical hip-hop fan, bro.

I'm not hating or anything, just pointing it out.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I was slightly exaggerating, you know I still respect you though. :D

:yoshi:

On another note, I wish Eyedea made more tracks like "Burn Fetish." I actually memorized the song and did a class presentation on it, got an A+ for the analysis.

It's a deep song, a lot to work with.

*Edit* I'm talking about current mainstream. The 90's was a great timespan.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
current mainstream
uhhhhh
i'll hit you back at the end of the year. the radio should be in decent shape by then.....i think.....well i know a bunch of people are dropping albums so i have some hope.

.Marik

is a social misfit
current mainstream
uhhhhh
i'll hit you back at the end of the year. the radio should be in decent shape by then.....i think.....well i know a bunch of people are dropping albums so i have some hope.
Sounds good. Keep us posted.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
On another note, I wish Eyedea made more tracks like "Burn Fetish." I actually memorized the song and did a class presentation on it, got an A+ for the analysis.

It's a deep song, a lot to work with.
eyedea is a pretty amazing writer

my favourite line in burn fetish

"outnumbered by such a large amount, no wonder why we lost the battle, the counterculture can't count."

its funny cause obviously the counterculture is less then mainstream culture, otherwise it wouldn't be the counterculture, which introduces the paradox of counterculture, which is that by definition it can never win the battle, if the standard of winning is the number of members..etc

I like funny stuff like that.

my favourite eyedea track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-YywUxGy4&playnext_from=TL&videos=w52a8PcxWF0

.Marik

is a social misfit
I love Eyedea, don't get me wrong, but "Burn Fetish" was easily one of his best.

Haha, that line was great. I also like "the grass is always greener on the other pesticide, solemn crept through the precious mess to shed its infectious high."

To me, the main themes were self-destruction and drug addiction, perhaps dementia.

When I first listened to that song, I got chills. It was that good.

I can safely say the same about "The Dive", which was one of the first tracks I heard from underground rappers in general.

Been hooked ever since, loving every beat of it.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Eminem on Over/Beamer Benz or Bentley
Yeah but I’m home, bad to the bone, back in the zone
leave him alone you don’t wanna go eggin him on
It’ll never be my chair that you own
crown so tight that it cuts all circulation
no air to the brain no oxygen other words it’s no air(heir) to the throne

Linguini

Smash Master
Guini, send me some of your beats.
I've been slacking over the past month due to finals and ****, dunno if you saw the previous beats I posted though.

Trip Hop/Instrumental Track: http://www.zshare.net/audio/7383757689305fba/

Don't even know what this is but feel free to zone out to it: http://www.zshare.net/audio/725831874a3f3422/

Currently Sampling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQfTNOC5aE

also, guini, what program are you using? i've been ****ing with FLstudio for a minute and have no idea what i'm doing
I'm using FL studio; takes a while to pick it up, so make sure you use a tutorial. I was completely ****ing lost the first couple times I used it too.

Yeah, em's freestyle was nastyy.

J. Cole- Who Dat

Gotta love the new J.Cole, bodies the beat as usual.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i personally don't think ja is that terrible.....well......kinda.....he's definitely no lyricist or rap superstar but he did have some alright songs right up until 50 completely dismembered his career.

@Boofy: I listened to the beginning of the beat and x-ed out the window. definitely not a Game track.

soap

Smash Hero
alright guys you mentioned ja rule, and this song ****in instantly got shot into my head. but this was way earlier when i was checking this thread from my phone, so it was stuck in my head all day.

sigh... why do i like this song lol

j lo & ja rule - im real http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ
ja rule always reminds me of this dmx line

"doin tracks with females, come out soundin like *****es"

i like that song too tho. J lo is hot

Top Bottom