• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Since no one mentioned it, Eminem's 1st single off of Recovery drops Friday. It's called Not Afraid. With recent songs featuring Eminem (Airplanes Pt 2, Forever, Drop the World), he's really hitting his high point (I think, maybe even better than the Eminem Show). I dunno about you guys, but I think Recovery is gonna be his real comeback, and BTW do any radio stations near you guys play Eminem, none do here.

Jane

Smash Hero
linguini: omg that coltrane song was sooooo ill. i cant wait to hear your piece! :D and that jcole was pretty dope too

boofy: LMAO. god i love dave chappelle so much. also i really like the beat to that game song. like a lot.

cuddles: i never listen to the radio aside from NPR so i dont know xD

also, is lupe coming out with a new album? i keep hearing new songs of his

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Since no one mentioned it, Eminem's 1st single off of Recovery drops Friday. It's called Not Afraid. With recent songs featuring Eminem (Airplanes Pt 2, Forever, Drop the World), he's really hitting his high point (I think, maybe even better than the Eminem Show). I dunno about you guys, but I think Recovery is gonna be his real comeback, and BTW do any radio stations near you guys play Eminem, none do here.
Wait, you're talking as if The Eminem Show is the highlight of Em's career. That's madness. TES is a bangin' *** album but have you forgotten Marshall Mathers LP?

Even Slim Shady LP dominates The Eminem Show. Those two albums are what Em's gonna be remembered for, I think, no matter what.

soap

Smash Hero
i thought Infinite was the ****

but ya, marshall mathers LP was his best.

I actually just made an eminem mix. I called it "Pre-Encore"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
TES >> SSLP, srsly. Both were sick, but lets be real, lol.

Debut Ja and DMX >> your favorite rapper's rapper...underground or otherwise.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
TES >> SSLP, srsly. Both were sick, but lets be real, lol.

Debut Ja and DMX >> your favorite rapper's rapper...underground or otherwise.
Don't be ridiculous! I'm a die hard Eminem fan. I love the Eminem Show, but the Slim Shady LP didn't have a single bad or annoying song on it. Everything was strictly lyrically amazing. I've probably went through the album 20 times and I'm still not tired of it.

And if Recovery is what I think it's going to be, I can't be more excited. Eminem's emotional songs are by far his best, yet apparently he's going lyrical too. I can't wait to see what he's done this time.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
to the fans ill never let u down again..
im back
I promise to never go back on that promise
In fact. . lets be honest. . that last relapse CD was ehhhh
perhaps i ran them accents into the ground. .
relax. . i aint goin back to that now. .

Also, Ja Rule WAS that dude. He made good music.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
to the fans ill never let u down again..
im back
I promise to never go back on that promise
In fact. . lets be honest. . that last relapse CD was ehhhh
perhaps i ran them accents into the ground. .
relax. . i aint goin back to that now. .
Yeah, Relapse was alright, but I think it was his worse album. There were tracks like Beautiful that stood out, though. I actually liked Relapse a lot, but Refill was, as he said, "ehhhh".

Oh, and Not Afraid comes out this Friday. I can't wait, I've never anticipated an album so much.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
^^I dunno. seems like the new trend is this singing/rapping thing going around. i have mediocre expectations for the album anyway. won't disappoint me either way.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I meant dissapoint as in he's not going to live up to the hype surrounding him.

Oh yeah, not really feeling Who Dat that much.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Who Dat was lulzy...Shots fired at Drake though. That should be fun somewhere down the road. And besides, the album WILL be sick.

I dunno, Em seemed much more seasoned as a rapper when he released TES. That, and I liked the beat selection a bit better. SSLP was sick though, don't get me wrong.

I like Drake...but I agree with N9NE...it'll be pretty mediocre. Though don't misconstrue my meaning...regardless of how mediocre it is, it WILL be hyped to the top of the charts.

Encore had some gems on it, yeah. I liked Relapse better though, there were STRAIGHT skippable songs on Encore like Puke, Big Weenie, *** Like that, Spend some Time...and a few simply forgettable songs.

Not Afraid was amazing...sounds a bit like a track off of Paper Trail. I want Recovery. Right now.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
My most anticipated albums:
Joe Budden - The Great Escape
Eminem - Recovery
Nas/Damian Marley - Distant Relatives
Kanye West - Good *** Job
Lupe Fiasco - Lasers
Joell Ortiz - Free Agent
Dr. Dre - Detox........maybe........**** might sound old seeing as it's taken forever to come out.

50's supposed to be coming out with an Album called Black Magic......that's centered around.......eurodance clubs........HYPED.....nah lol. i dunno why that'd be his last album but whatever.

Linguini

Smash Master
I remember how hyped I was last year for So Far Gone, and it certainly lived up to the hype.I let go of my expectations for TML; I'll listen to what comes out, but i'm not expecting anything great. Find Your Love is alright,but nothing special,and the beat sounds like an unused 808's and Heartbreak beat.

Drake's recent **** has been mediocre,and Over was disappointing. There's better **** out there, this week alone proves how sick hip hip is atm. Not Afraid>>>>, and the Pac Div Mixtape is amazing,don't pass up on it.

The leaks from Distant Relatives have been ****ing epic, that album is shaping up to be legendary. On top of it I get to see Nas and Damian this weekend!

My most anticipated is Bar Exam 3, Royce never fails to deliver.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Who Dat was lulzy...Shots fired at Drake though. That should be fun somewhere down the road. And besides, the album WILL be sick.

I dunno, Em seemed much more seasoned as a rapper when he released TES. That, and I liked the beat selection a bit better. SSLP was sick though, don't get me wrong.

I like Drake...but I agree with N9NE...it'll be pretty mediocre. Though don't misconstrue my meaning...regardless of how mediocre it is, it WILL be hyped to the top of the charts.

Encore had some gems on it, yeah. I liked Relapse better though, there were STRAIGHT skippable songs on Encore like Puke, Big Weenie, *** Like that, Spend some Time...and a few simply forgettable songs.

Not Afraid was amazing...sounds a bit like a track off of Paper Trail. I want Recovery. Right now.
Well The Eminem Show wasn't as clever as the Slim Shady LP. Don't get me wrong, I love Superman, Without Me, etc but the Slim Shady LP didnt have a single bad or annoying track on it.

And there were some skippable songs on Relapse too, like Medicine Ball.

And Not Afraid was too good... Over 10,000 Downloads in less than 12 hours? Insane.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
No Alchemist production on Recovery.

Alchemist >>>>>>>> Just Blaze.

:(

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Not Afraid is too sick. I'd even go as far as to say (I'm gonna get a lotta flame for this) his best song ever. Recovery might be up there with TES, MMLP, and SSLP, hell, it already is.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
That's a cool remix. Piano is nice.

Not Afraid is too sick. I'd even go as far as to say (I'm gonna get a lotta flame for this) his best song ever. Recovery might be up there with TES, MMLP, and SSLP, hell, it already is.
It's not his best song ever. The wordplay is nice but it's not his best.

I dearly hope so. Yet, I strongly doubt that it'll be better than the SSLP. That didn't have one bad song. In fact, they were all pretty amazing. From what I see so far, Recovery will be pretty amazing. His freestyle and Not Afraid are all I could have hoped for. Can't wait till June.

Top Bottom