• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Linguini

Smash Master
They have a name for the group?

LOL @ Charles Hamilton being included...
SMH, Charles Hamilton is dope, despite all the bull**** that he went through in 09,and his recent stuff has been nice. Check out Paperboy with B.o.B. Plus the Pink Lavalamp is a classic album.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
just heard that Lupe, Wale, Asher Roth, Blu, Cool Kids, Charles Hamilton, B.o.B, Diggy and DJ Skateboard P are making a group........that's too many people man.
That would be too many people, but it would also be pretty sick.

is that official at all?

also whatever happened to childrebelsoldier
Man I'm just hoping for Lasers before I worry about that.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
SMH, Charles Hamilton is dope, despite all the bull**** that he went through in 09,and his recent stuff has been nice. Check out Paperboy with B.o.B. Plus the Pink Lavalamp is a classic album.
In all honesty, all I have from him is the Charles the Hamilton mixtape.

I don't really follow his drama...his music just is kinda wack to me, lol.

Haven't heard anything recent though, I'll give him another look.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol all that bull**** was his fault, from getting punched in the face to challenging serious jones to a rap battle to all of detroit hating him because he actually listed J Dilla as an executive producer on his album, which was straight disrespectful, and lied to Dilla's mom about it.

Charles is cool and all but the kid is a brat. he should just stick to making music or staying in the house....and.....Pink Lavalamp isn't a classic, dude. It has some nice songs but it's definitely not a classic.

The chess club thing will be interesting but i think it's too much talent to try to stuff everybody on one track. I think they all just joined because they've all be shoved in the same genre of hipster/nerd rap.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Only nice ones out of Chess Club are Lupe and Blu imo

the rest...

Not Afraid is too sick. I'd even go as far as to say (I'm gonna get a lotta flame for this) his best song ever. Recovery might be up there with TES, MMLP, and SSLP, hell, it already is.
*plays with sharks*

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Blu is dope but this ***** hasn't dropped anything even halfway decent since early 08. definitely needs to step it up. i did hear that he wants to do a collabo with budden, though.....

Linguini

Smash Master
Only nice ones out of Chess Club are Lupe and Blu imo

the rest...

*plays with sharks*
Your kidding right?
lol all that bull**** was his fault, from getting punched in the face to challenging serious jones to a rap battle to all of detroit hating him because he actually listed J Dilla as an executive producer on his album, which was straight disrespectful, and lied to Dilla's mom about it.

Charles is cool and all but the kid is a brat. he should just stick to making music or staying in the house....and.....Pink Lavalamp isn't a classic, dude. It has some nice songs but it's definitely not a classic.
I could care less about all that **** that happened, music is what matters to me. A classic to me is an album where almost every song is **** good, it qualifies for me.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol Cory Gunz Jr.

Fashawn should've been in there instead of some other dudes.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Fashawn should've been in there instead of some other dudes.
no doubt. fashawn's better than most of those dudes. hope he capitalizes off his success from Boy Meets World. my expectations for Ode to Illmatic dropped once i heard his version of Life's a *****......and then listened to his interview when he talked about it....smh.

i kinda hope they don't seriously try to make a group. collabs would be cool but i think it'd just be labeled as a mediocre attempt by a bunch of hipsters if they all seriously pushed for an album.

@cookieMonsters: I hate asher lol

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It's not only his lyrics though, his flow is generally above average, he still maintains beast wordplay and his rhyme schemes are amazing. So it's not like he's not beast as a rapper. It's just on top of that sht his lyrics actually mean **** and have creativity.

I know alot of people who don't care for the beats he rhymes on which is why they're not as into him.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Post Lupe's best tracks, try and persuade me.

it's cuz you're highly unintelligent

=D
lol that's what people genuinely reply to people who don't like Lupe.

...wait you're being genuine too...

:(

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Jay Electronica I mean Jay let me play my harmonica I mean Jay my favourite time of the year is Hannukah.

Raekwon makes no sense to me. Dude has one lane.

add Lupe, make a mixtape of the three and I'm in a coma.

But like I said, post Lupe's best tracks, try and persuade me.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Jay Electronica I mean Jay let me play my harmonica I mean Jay my favourite time of the year is Hannukah.

Raekwon makes no sense to me. Dude has one lane.

add Lupe, make a mixtape of the three and I'm in a coma.

But like I said, post Lupe's best tracks, try and persuade me.
lol one lane doesn't mean he doesn't make sense. but i digress. ****, i didn't even like only built for cuban linx pt 2.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Who's heard of YU? He is DOPE. favorite song on his debut is definitely Thought About It. And this came out a month ago! Wordplay and metaphors are insane. Good to know theres still real hip hop out there.

Thought About It <-- click it. you know you wanna...

Jane

Smash Hero
good **** jug, that song was dope. loved the beat

cookie, the lyricism was on point, but the hook was really annoying xD but sick overall

blu, where did nas admit that? hahah, thats always pissed me off about nas, his mediocre *** beat selection

also, how many infractions you got? im on like my 15th lmao...

PARTY TRACK OF THE DAY

hot stylz feat. yung joc - lookin boy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHMBJIeqcQc&feature=related

i love that song :D i have mad respect for yung joc for staying relevant. (i was SURE he was just a one hit wonder with "its going down")

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
http://www.bet.com/Music/news/msc_nasbreaskdownbeatselection_05.03.10.htm

he always waits til the last minute and takes what he can get, which is sad because i think more of his albums could be hailed as classics had the beats been better smh.

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2010/05/album-4-album-a-look-at-nas-worst-beat-selections

^worst nas beat on each album lol. there's only one i disagree with(Testify). it wasn't a bad beat, but the **** was out of place.

right now i'm at 7 infractions, i think. i swear they come for dumb reasons smh.

i agree with jane about the track, cookie.

jane, joc is a one hit wonder lol. haven't heard anyting from him aside from his first album. but dope boy magic >>>>

Jane

Smash Hero
LMAO! i disagree on some. i like nas is coming, and i really like you cant kill me. cant think of any worse ones from their respective albums atm tho.

but the worst offender is testify, how the FUCK did they NOT choose "make the world go round"?? that song was the most garbage shit ever

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
LMAO! i disagree on some. i like nas is coming, and i really like you cant kill me. cant think of any worse ones from their respective albums atm tho.

but the worst offender is testify, how the FUCK did they NOT choose "make the world go round"?? that song was the most garbage shit ever
Nas is Coming is one of my fav beats :]
i'm cosigning both of these : ). make the world go round was just......smh.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
to me beats are like 70-85% of a bangin track.

you can be the greatest rapper ever of all time, but you have trash beats, no amount of ill rhymes are gonna make it sound good.

but on the other hand theres nothing worse than hearing an amazing beat get butchered by some weak clownass mother****er.

but yea its all about the beats.

Top Bottom