• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Jay Electro..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. sorry I slipped into a coma there. Dude bores me.

Jane

Smash Hero
nine - linguini posted that song :b good **** still thoe.

duyzee - love it! reminds me a lot of binary star. specifically one be lo

albino - that was dope dude! keep doing your thing and feel free to post up anything you record in this thread! :D

vanz - LOL

also, time for some RnB

i love this song, sorry if you dont xP

p. diddy - i need a girl (pt 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktYhv58HnXk

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I really enjoyed Jay Electronica's mixtape "Victory", it had a really smooth jazzy feel to it. His lyrics are usually on point too. It helps he has amazing production though lol.

Linguini

Smash Master
Jay Electro..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. sorry I slipped into a coma there. Dude bores me.
Your crazy man, Jay Elec is one of my favorite artists out there atm. Lyricism is top notch and his flow is mesmerizing. Dude is the future of real hip-hop.

Albino,that was nice man, keep practicing and you could be dope.

Linguini

Smash Master
lol No one listen to blu here, jay elec, alright.....B.o.B, Love Below?

The Adventures of Bobby Ray is by far my most anticipated album of the year. Every single leak has been dope tracks and B.o.B is a phenomenal artist to say the least. He raps, sings, produces,and plays like 5 instruments. This is coming from a huge T.I. fan and his album is coming out this year as well.

Anyways, Big Daddy Kane is too good. One of the GOAT

Ain't No half Steppin- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l2O-JOXG_I

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i think he's telling no one to listen to my post. look, B.o.B already mentioned in a song that people say he sounds like Andre 3000 and, really, he does. And you've got to be crazy for this to be your most anticipated of the year. Not with Kanye, Lupe, Drake, Andre 3000, Big Boi, Nas/Damian Marley and Eminem all dropping albums this year. And Jay Electronica can be pretty boring. Even the songs from him that I like get no plays on ipod.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i think he's telling no one to listen to my post. look, B.o.B already mentioned in a song that people say he sounds like Andre 3000 and, really, he does. And you've got to be crazy for this to be your most anticipated of the year. Not with Kanye, Lupe, Drake, Andre 3000, Big Boi, Nas/Damian Marley and Eminem all dropping albums this year.
Yeah. I'm so hyped for Lasers, I wish it would ****ing come out already. :mad:

jugfingers

Smash Champion

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
just listened to The Adventures of Bobby Ray. Personally, I really really really really don't like it. Chances are, though, if you liked Kid Cudi's album, you might like this one.

@Vrael: Me too man. the **** thing keeps gettin pushed back.

so jug jug, what's your most anticipated, seeing as my list is so bad?

and, like i said before, I still think Jay Electronica can be pretty boring. I like some of his stuff, but still.

.Marik

is a social misfit
What do you cats think of The Last Emperor?

A friend of mine recommended that I listen to his stuff. Checked out Jungle Cats, the beat and flow was really smooth and enjoyable.

By the way, I think Aesop Rock skyrocketed to one of my favourite rappers in existance, without a doubt.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
so jug jug, what's your most anticipated, seeing as my list is so bad?
Im still waiting for madvillainy 2+ Ghostface and Doom's collaboration

I was just repulsed by your list because it was a who's who of mainstream popular sprite commercial rappers, it was just a funny cause, aha! someone is anticipating what is constantly played on television and radio, what a coincidence.

but I'm just a hater

what do I know, I like suff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1pjvKzFMc&feature=fvw

Linguini

Smash Master
i think he's telling no one to listen to my post. look, B.o.B already mentioned in a song that people say he sounds like Andre 3000 and, really, he does. And you've got to be crazy for this to be your most anticipated of the year. Not with Kanye, Lupe, Drake, Andre 3000, Big Boi, Nas/Damian Marley and Eminem all dropping albums this year. And Jay Electronica can be pretty boring. Even the songs from him that I like get no plays on ipod.
It's no that i'm crazy, it's just that I know what to expect from each of those artists, simply because iv'e witnessed it before; phenomenal music. The difference is B.o.B. is a relatively new artist, and his come-up combined with his unique approach to hip-hop intrigues me like no other.

Though this year is going to be a dope year for hi-hop as a whole. The only artist up there i'm not too excited for is Big Boi, at least from his single for his new album, which was disappointing.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Anybody else disappointed in xxl's freshman class of '09? I know I am.

i'm looking at the class of '10 right now and only like Fashawn and J. Cole, though Fashawn did say some dumb **** during an interview.

soap

Smash Hero
Anybody else disappointed in xxl's freshman class of '09? I know I am.

i'm looking at the class of '10 right now and only like Fashawn and J. Cole, though Fashawn did say some dumb **** during an interview.
charles hamilton's music is annoying to listen to

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Hamilton managed to get like all of Detroit to hate him, got punched in the mouth by a girl and got dropped from his label. I would think his career is over now. I like a couple of his songs, though. The only one i really liked from last years class is Blu, and that assshole hasn't put out out any good or even decent music since like 08. I'm just hoping that J. Cole and Fashawn can keep producing the same quality of work, though my expectations for that Ode to Illmatic mixtape has dropped.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
'10 Fashawn and Cole are the only two I really care about. Freddie Gibbs, Jay Rock and Nipsey are cool.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Nipsey said "you weak like 3 days and 4 nights." didn't really care to try and listen to anything else from him. Gibbs......meh. i'll give him a try. nobody else was really interesting on the list.

@soap: he can definitely spit, but the beats he makes really aren't that interesting. I thought he was gonna ride the freshman hype to a new album but didn't do **** last year. i think he's trying to hard not to have exile do his beats...

Jane

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VizgwBmVs1E

I was most impressed by the way he was able to keep his composure after some yelled Cheese Steaks Won
that was ****in strange lmao. but it was cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxBLuJbMis -->added bonus - A Tribe Called Quest.
capoeira is dope. there was actually a huuuuuge gathering here in my city last night. big *** capoerista party. there was people from the bay, LA, denver, salt lake city, all over. it was ill

LOL, i liked the second one. ever watch yo gabba gabba?

^hope you're joking -__-

Old school joint of the day:
50 Cent - Ghetto Qu'ran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34hn-vgbTc

when he was dope......welll.....i still like his music :)
dang, havent heard this song in soooo long. power of the dollar ftw

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Before I Self Destruct is actually his best since Get Rich or Die Tryin' IMO. Curtis is absolute trash save for a few songs.

B.o.B. is a ****ing monster has anybody listened to The Adventures of Bobby Ray yet?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
so, i found the craziest instrumental a couple of days ago. but i can't reveal it, we're using it for the scientology trailer.

until then:

1. has anyone listened to that roots mixtape/album of them doing dilla tracks?
2. taking it back to running to my stereo to record hot 97. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miM41LhrJ4k&feature=related
1.dilla!

2.ambushing emcee's jumpin out the trees like vietnamese infantries covered with leaves

lol such a sick multi.

Top Bottom