• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
He's gonna respond. Already throwing more shots over twitter.

*turns chair from Pacquiao v Mosley to my computer*

:phone:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Joe should've never entertained dude.

Asked the same question about Frank Ocean and no one replied lol.

Checked his tape and Frank is dope. He's from Odd Future. Mad smooth original R&B tip. Don't worry he isn't like Tyler or Lil B and them. Check his tape Nostalgia, Ultra. Been on rotation past two days.

Heard of him for a while but only checked him because of OLS3 lol.

Jane

Smash Hero
AMERICAN mothers day... i had an excuse to hold off on gifts and **** since mexican mothers day isnt til tuesday. but i was like nah, we in america, i cant use that excuse, haha.

aloe blacc is smooth as a mugg.

soap

Smash Hero
omfg, this song is gorgeous
in my top 5 albums 2010 easy. Really like the progression of the verses with age. Can't really picture my mom ever being old tho, seems so weird to me. She is in her 40's and has ridiculous energy. She'll prolly be one of those uppity old people haha.
nah. not a bad track but every rap fan thinks of that song on mother's day. i still think Dance is the best song dedicated to a mother but, then again, that song has to wrong mood for mother's day lol.
Dance is my favorite. But really all of God's Son had verses sprinkled throughout dealing with different facets of his relationship with his mom. It kinda culminated in Dance and that makes that track more special than just a stand-alone tribute.

I don't wanna start ranking these songs tho cuz they are all pretty different. Nasir's mom had cancer, 2pac's was on crack etc.

I actually posted Hey Mama on my mom's FB wall for mother's day..

They're both good. I get more emotion from Kanye though. His 2008 Grammy version is just so heartfelt.

For those lazy ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdFtnPBwETs
I really liked the Coachella set closing performance he did recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQVPVEoQ4M

I was watching it during the livestream, and it hit me harder at the time cuz it was the end of a pretty epic set that he went pretty hard in. Like he seemed a little unstable the whole set. Alot of energy but a lil crazy at times, but entertaining. Then he closed with this and it seemed very appropiate.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah I was watching that too cuz Youtube was advertising it at the top of the site. I was actually looking for that performance but forgot what the concert/festival was called. He did really good with his performance from when I jumped into it.

It's never easy hearing him sing that song and just seeing his emotions live.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
that Coachella show is one of the best hip hop shows I've ever seen. I love how much Ye spazzed out the entire time. I also really love how he never really used the autotune stuff even though he definitely can't sing that good hahaha

oddly enough, my favorite part was probably Gold Digger even though I'm not a huge fan of the studio version

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It's kinda expected...How much can one talk about ponies?

Either way, this thread is too good to be overtaken by their shenanigans.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Nooo I can't let that happen, must start a stimulating and intellectual conversation.
Eminem

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
LOL I laughed.

And I'm watching it right now. I'm enjoying it. But they overhype it and overdo it to hell.

Savon

Smash Ace
Lets all post the best rap lines we have ever heard.

I'll start off with something simple.

"Drug abusing 4th grader, I mean a loaded 9."
From the Slaughterhouse song "We Outta Here"

Jane

Smash Hero
mat, you are not alone. i've been scared for weeks now xD

favorite line EVER? thats too hard... lets see what i can pull out of my bag of favorites though...

"just call me baby jesus cuz lady niggaz be praisin me just for the way i blaze to be crazily taped to CD lasery,
i pays to be amazingly flavory,
gaaaze into my rhymes which basically hypnotize you occasionally"

-Big Pun on Super Lyrical

T3h Albino

Smash Master
idk about as far as best, but one of my favorites is

"Trapped no shield no sword, the unbeaten path got my soul so sore; Allured by the lust something money can't cure, the devil want me as is but God he want more"~ Black Thought

On some ol Damn that was crazy as hell, impressive **** uhh

"The first 10 bars of 75 Bars" Black Thought

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I can't possibly think of one line that's my favorite ever. Once I think about it I always think of tons of different lines and can't decide. These are the first ones that popped in my head.

"The residue is thick and the memory fails. I still laugh because the path feels a lot like a trail"- Atmosphere "The River"

"Surrendered my weapon to cops- 'it wasn't me, it was the gangsta rap and the peppermint schnapps!'"- Eminem "Murder Murder"

"I hate it when they tell us how far we came to be, as if our peoples' history started with slavery." Immortal Technique "Leaving the Past"

"Life is short is what some n*ga said, not if you measure life by how one lives and what he did" Nas "What Goes Around"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
"I'm Bout To Start Another Life
Look Behind You I'm Bout To Pass You Twice!"

Hovi Baby ~Jay-Z

Not my favorite...my favorite doesn't mean much to anyone but myself.

I'm comin back with better ones...just let me hop in the vault for an hour or two.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
"Lady Luck is a greedy b*tch with itchy palms and a case of the gimme's,
But I've got an outie, if she's got an innie, I'll clean her pipes and then sweep her chimney"
Sage Francis, Different

"Naked in the bathtub, sittin' on the porcelain, waitin' for that little hurricane to pull your torso in."
Atmosphere, Shoulda Known

edit: haha, Gary Oak doin' the Jerk. too fitting

Jane

Smash Hero
^hell yeah, hahaha.

you know what pisses me off?

lyrics that are wrong. and then you try to find them on other sites and EVERY OTHER SITE JUST COPIES THE SAME LYRICS. D:<

soap

Smash Hero
Power-liftin powerless up, out of this, towerin inferno
My ink so hot it burn through the journal
I'm blacker than midnight on Broadway and Myrtle
Hip-Hop past all your tall social hurdles
Mos Def - Mathematics

from the same song. "Killing fields need blood to graze the cash cow." That's just an amazing metaphor imo.

Pretty much the entire song is filled with some of my favorite bars.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
"I hate it when they tell us how far we came to be, as if our peoples' history started with slavery." Immortal Technique "Leaving the Past"

"Life is short is what some n*ga said, not if you measure life by how one lives and what he did" Nas "What Goes Around"
Yes. The first one instantly popped in my mind. The second is just dope.

"Forty-five in my waist, starin at my reflection
In the mirror, sittin still in the chair like my conception
When everything around me got cloudy, the chair became a king's throne
My destiny found me
It was clear why the struggle was so painful
Metamorphosis, this is what I changed to
And God, I'm so thankful"

- Nas

i'm bout to spam nas lyrics...

soap

Smash Hero
"History, every soul got one indeed, it's where you been and where you be, and without understanding you cannot proceed." - Mos Def

On a Mos kick right now I guess which is why they are all so fresh in my head.

Nas has too many crazy epic lines.

Top Bottom