• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Savon

Smash Ace
I don't know why I decided to waste time going thru vibe's top 30 "rappers under 30" list.

It was nonsense. They had some legit people like Krit and Kenrick Lamar on the list, but then also had flocka and lil bow wow. No chiddy, or blu, pac div/uni.

and... nicki minaj top 5. Actually I think wayne, nicki and drake were all in the top 5.

Wut................you have to draw a line somewhere.

soap

Smash Hero
I was just reading the lyrics to 'all black everything', and this one dude thought Lupe was dissing 50 cent...

"**** lupe, 50'd destroy him anytime"

But that does make me wonder who would come out on top in a battle/diss track exchange. Lupe has lyricism, but 50 has more humor and aggression. (Not that this would ever happen)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I have a feeling that a full-fledged Lupe diss track will be extremely terrible.

It'd prolly end up like Canibus' track to Em.

:phone:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Lupe would probably win the rap battle.

He has those clever lyrics.

LOL people on youtube making fan made songs combining lupe's lyrics with50 cent's lyrics.:awesome:

Boofy!

Smash Champion
What is everyone in here's position on the illuminati? My boy is into this **** so hard right now it's honestly threatening our friendship, we can't chill without him wanting me to watch some video or him on some preacher ****. He's paranoid and all that, I thought this type of stuff only happened in movies.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
What is everyone in here's position on the illuminati? My boy is into this **** so hard right now it's honestly threatening our friendship, we can't chill without him wanting me to watch some video or him on some preacher ****. He's paranoid and all that, I thought this type of stuff only happened in movies.
It's funny how incredibly frequently these illuminati theorists contradict themselves...there's no way not to considering how broad the symbols n whatnot are. The idea that it has infiltrated HipHop moreso than other music genres is especially silly considering how many metal bands openly talk about that kinda ****.

That said, the idea that there are people behind the scenes pulling the strings to bigger events in our lives is obviously based on truth. Just not to the extent that theorists are suggesting...

But some things just aren't coincidence. You can't watch the "On to the Next One" vid and honestly believe that they put all that symbolic **** in the video (which had no correlation to what he's saying, mind you) and think that the people behind its production are completely oblivious to the claims that Jay-Z is with the illuminati.

My opinion? He's prolly playing off of it to generate buzz. Even if people are talking about him in the same breath as the illuminati, they're still talking about him.

:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
Am I alone in thinking Late Registration kind of sucks? All Ye albums have tracks I skip, but LR is like 70% tracks I skip
when i put albums on my ipod, which is only a 16gb touch, I strip them down to just my favorite tracks (with a few super front to back classic exceptions)

only like 5 tracks from LR made the cut, but I don't consider the other tracks bad. They are decent in the flow of the album. I just am never in the mood to hear crack music come up on shuffle. "Late" is prolly my favorite track on there. Or maybe Heard Em' say.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Am I alone in thinking Late Registration kind of sucks? All Ye albums have tracks I skip, but LR is like 70% tracks I skip
now that i look at the tracklist.. no, not really.

Gold Digger - Was a fun song.. but was played so much idk if i'll ever enjoy it again

My Way Home - meh.. doesn't really do it for me

Crack Music - Easily the worst song on the album IMO

We Major - I'll prob get alot of **** for this but i'm not a fan, I like the hook though

Celebration - Lame and generic

+ mad skits

But it makes up for it with "Touch the Sky" "Bring me Down" and "Gone"

Gone especially is one of my all time faves

Top Bottom