• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
bravo. that was on some presidential next level ****. xD amazing.

What is everyone in here's position on the illuminati? My boy is into this **** so hard right now it's honestly threatening our friendship, we can't chill without him wanting me to watch some video or him on some preacher ****. He's paranoid and all that, I thought this type of stuff only happened in movies.
dumb dumb dumb dumb. and not in an e-40 way either.

edit-
dope!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Joe budden Ordinary Love **** Pt.3

I recommend listening with the lyrics in front of you.

If you haven't really been following dude's life, some of the **** he's saying may escape you. Still a crazy track...

I honestly DO NOT SEE another MC doing anything like this. Nobody. Dead or Alive.

Joey >>>>
Just heard it.

Joe is the realest to ever do it. I now actually acknowledge it as undeniable scientific fact. I actually realised just now, I had taken his music for granted recently. Been listening to Joe from day one, but all these new artists have preoccupied me. This track puts things into perspective again. Dead or alive HE IS ACTUALLY THE REALEST EVER. Maybe not the GREATEST but EASILY THE REALEST EVER. NOT EVEN CLOSE.You know what I no longer give a flying fudge what anyone says in this thread says about Joe. Call him a hairy testicle, you won't hear a word from me.

My goodness.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
...smh@youguysfeelingofLateRegistration
That album flows so well, it makes MBDTF look like a joke as far as the flow of the project goes...
I have to listen to every track when I do a run through of the album, like it's true sometimes I'm not really feeling "Addiction" or "Crack Music", but I know those songs were put in that specific place to evoke a specific feeling out of me (the listener), and the songs after them were meant to compliment that particular feelings. So I can't just not listen to them/leave them out, then the feeling of the whole album isn't the same...

Maybe that's just an artist thing, but that's how I feel about it~
Still my favorite album of all time "Late Registration"~

Suspect

Smash Hero
What is everyone in here's position on the illuminati? My boy is into this **** so hard right now it's honestly threatening our friendship, we can't chill without him wanting me to watch some video or him on some preacher ****. He's paranoid and all that, I thought this type of stuff only happened in movies.
qtf, in the same situation as you, but my friend will turn around and listen to Kanye like nothing after talking about him and ish.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Got a friend into conspiracies. They're interesting to a point. When he goes too far I remind him I prefer to root myself in reality. I don't invest too much in the Illuminati. But like political ish is interesting.

But on the net it's damn near unavoidable.

:phone:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Who is Frank Ocean?

He Tyler affiliated?

He on the R&B tip?

Worth checking?

soap

Smash Hero
That album flows so well, it makes MBDTF look like a joke as far as the flow of the project goes...
I have to listen to every track when I do a run through of the album, like it's true sometimes I'm not really feeling "Addiction" or "Crack Music", but I know those songs were put in that specific place to evoke a specific feeling out of me (the listener), and the songs after them were meant to compliment that particular feelings. So I can't just not listen to them/leave them out, then the feeling of the whole album isn't the same...

That's kind of what I was saying. I agree that they flow well in the album, I was just saying I frequently put my ipod on shuffle in the ride and I prefer to have just like "universally" good tracks on there when I'm cruisin. Just like feel good **** or something I'm always in the mood listen to. LR is not fillled with those types of songs.

And no way is it better than College Dropout in my book. I'll give it the wink over Graduation and MBDF.

Got a friend into conspiracies. They're interesting to a point. When he goes too far I remind him I prefer to root myself in reality. I don't invest too much in the Illuminati. But like political ish is interesting.

But on the net it's damn near unavoidable.

I rather enjoy reading up on different conspiracies. Regardless If I believe in them alot of them are somewhat well thought out and make good fictional stories at the least. Merely entertaining the different ideas is good for keeping an open mind imo. Talking about them with people who are not interested for the sake of looking smart is ***ing annoying as hell tho.

Illuminati theories got boring a while ago.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I can't even listen to it right now. The word ****ing is too apparent and my mother will surely chop my hand off for listening to such "******** nonsense".

rhan

Smash Hero
Fake and gay.

Am I alone in thinking Late Registration kind of sucks? All Ye albums have tracks I skip, but LR is like 70% tracks I skip

I don't understand how. That's probably Kanye's best album imo. I haven't fully heard MBDTF but the tracks I have heard aren't as good as the ones of Late Reg.

Feeling exactly the same.

I'm definitely getting suspended tomorrow if I listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pS6DRJHh8U&feature=related
Lmaoooooo woowwwwwwwwww..

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
My Ye tier list would be

MBDTF
College Dropout (this is basically tied with MBDTF except too many skits)
Graduation
808s
Late Registration

CD is the best as far as standard hip-hop, rapping stuff goes. MBDTF is a total musical revelation imo even if the actual raps aren't quite as on par.

saying LR "sucks" is probably too harsh though. It's just disappointing to me in comparison with all his other work

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Just heard it.

Joe is the realest to ever do it. I now actually acknowledge it as undeniable scientific fact. I actually realised just now, I had taken his music for granted recently. Been listening to Joe from day one, but all these new artists have preoccupied me. This track puts things into perspective again. Dead or alive HE IS ACTUALLY THE REALEST EVER. Maybe not the GREATEST but EASILY THE REALEST EVER. NOT EVEN CLOSE.You know what I no longer give a flying fudge what anyone says in this thread says about Joe. Call him a hairy testicle, you won't hear a word from me.

My goodness.
Well put. I feel the same way, lol.

Apparently J.Cole's album is finished.

Now to ressurect his buzz...

Boofy!

Smash Champion
My Ye tier list would be

MBDTF
Graduation
808s
Late Registration

CD is the best as far as standard hip-hop, rapping stuff goes. MBDTF is a total musical revelation imo even if the actual raps aren't quite as on par.

saying LR "sucks" is probably too harsh though. It's just disappointing to me in comparison with all his other work
same as my list.. MBDTF and college dropout are too close though haha i can't choose

soap

Smash Hero
My Ye tier list would be

MBDTF
Graduation
808s
Late Registration

LR below 808's???

well I've actually never even listened to all of 808's yet haha

MBlaze

Smash Champion

Savon

Smash Ace
I have been bumping Tha Carter 2 HARD lately. Just listening to random Lil Wayne before he started sucking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhvMXtxcJ8 Ironically Lil Wayne had the worst verse in this song by far.

Also, this is my favorite Nas song of all time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6eErYzSG1Y

What do you all think was the best Nas CD? All of his CDs are great besides Nastradamus which I was not too crazy about.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I have been bumping Tha Carter 2 HARD lately. Just listening to random Lil Wayne before he started sucking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhvMXtxcJ8 Ironically Lil Wayne had the worst verse in this song by far.

What do you all think was the best Nas CD? All of his CDs are great besides Nastradamus which I was not too crazy about.
You should have just asked what his second best album is because Illmatic is mandatory really... lol. Besides Illmatic I'd say It was Written or Stillmatic. If Stillmatic would have have had Purple from off lost tapes instead of Smokin' (It was recorded during Stillmatic sessions) I would say Stillmatic for sure. Sometimes idk why Nas makes the choices he does. haha.

Maybe it would have been I Am... if it wasn't for bootleggers. :\ I still get haunted to this day of what that album would have been like seeing as we never got an official tracklist, just the sampler that the *******s put out at Columbia.

My favorite Nas songs: NY State of Mind, The World is Yours, Nas is Like.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think Blu3 likes It Was Written more than Illmatic...which you can't be mad at. Both are crazy good albums.

Best Nas song?

It's between One Mic, I Gave You Power, and N.Y. State of Mind for me...

Thing is, there's prolly a billion more that I'm forgetting...he has a really extensive collection. Nas is Like prolly has one of my favorite beats of all time...****'s timeless. Truly timeless.

Jane

Smash Hero

Boofy!

Smash Champion
You should have just asked what his second best album is because Illmatic is mandatory really... lol. Besides Illmatic I'd say It was Written or Stillmatic. If Stillmatic would have have had Purple from off lost tapes instead of Smokin' (It was recorded during Stillmatic sessions) I would say Stillmatic for sure. Sometimes idk why Nas makes the choices he does. haha.

Maybe it would have been I Am... if it wasn't for bootleggers. :\ I still get haunted to this day of what that album would have been like seeing as we never got an official tracklist, just the sampler that the *******s put out at Columbia.

My favorite Nas songs: NY State of Mind, The World is Yours, Nas is Like.
Agreed. Purple is one of my fave Nas songs along with The Message

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion

That's the most random song to pick as a favorite, but *shrugs* people like what they like. True, Nastradamus was trash but I also didn't really like HHID that much. Scratch that. That album was ass. I think only liked 5 songs from.

I find that I can't sit down and listen to I Am.... all the way through. Shit gets really boring after Small World and stays that way until Nas Is Like and Undying Love.

Anyway, back on topic, his best album is Illmatic, followed by It Was Written, Stillmatic, God's Son, Lost Tapes(if it counts), Street's Disciple/Untitled, HHID, then Nastradamus.

Not sure if I should include distant relatives.

If Stillmatic would have have had Purple from off lost tapes instead of Smokin' (It was recorded during Stillmatic sessions) I would say Stillmatic for sure.
Definitely agreed.....I still somewhat like Smokin' though.

I think Blu3 likes It Was Written more than Illmatic...which you can't be mad at. Both are crazy good albums.
Nigga, whut?

soap

Smash Hero
Ill, Still, IWR, God's Son keep rotating as my favorite, depends on my mood. Altho God's Son and Stillmatic had a couple throw-away tracks, but, just take them out and I like those albums more. (Still Longer than Illmatic lol)

Untitled/Lost tapes are tied for me. Then I guess Street's disciple (which I can't sit thru) then round out the bottom with HHID, Nastradamus.

Distant Relatives would slip in after the top 4 for me. Really liked it.

I need some new Nas in my life.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
If he took Zone Out and Mastermind off God's Son, i'd have put it in top 3. Like, yo, seriously, what the hell was he thinking when he picked that instrumental for Zone Out?

Smokin' and Rule should've gotten canned off Stillmatic.

I actually really like untitled but people tend to rank it lower because of it's pro-blackness lol. I think it's a classic as far as themed albums are concerned, not so much as a standard hip hop album though. Make the World Go Round is such garbage to me. So is We're Not Alone....can't believe this ***** made a track about aliens lol.

Distant Relatives has it's ups and downs. On some tracks, him and damian complement each other so well. On others, say...Patience, they don't. Everybody likes that song but to me, whenever Nas "gets smart" on a record, it doesn't come off right.

soap

Smash Hero
I agree, DAmian > Nas on Patience. Favorite instrumental on the album.

I really enjoyed untitled as well. That fried chicken track with busta is my **** lol.

Like Chappelle said, "where are these people that DON'T like fried chicken and watermelon?"

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Rule isn't so bad and fit the time it was released... When 9/11 happened. Good thing Braveheatrts party got taken off that album, song ****in sucked... Lol and idk I like lost tapes better than God's Son and Untitled more than Street's Disciple but that's just me.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Zone Out is ***, but I liked Mastermind.

But Zone Out is ***. That must first be established.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
What can I say? I already explained my philosophy on artistic/musical "greatness". I can't just pretend I think Illmatic is the best just because of the general consensus bandwagon around it and I don't even feel like listening to it that much in comparison to Stillmatic.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Looks like trouble's brewing for J. Cole.

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/j-cole-under-pressure-from

J. Cole's time at Roc Nation could be coming to an abrupt close.

HipHopWired is reporting that Jay-Z has told the rapper to deliver the album or get the boot.

Just last week Cole spoke about the album nearing completion.

"I know my fans are frustrated with me, because I won't give a date," Cole said."I only gave a date one time in my career last year, and I smacked myself in the face because it was so unrealistic. Now I say it's coming soon, and it's really true, because we're in the final stages right now."

After two years looks like Hov wants a return on his investment.
He's gonna have a rough time trying to put out an album, what with Wayne, Dr. Dre, Drake, Jay/Kanye, etc. dropping albums later this year. I'm expecting a flop....I'll still buy it, though.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Top Bottom