• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Whats with tech n9ne? A lot of his stuff is almost good. But then it just starts to turn to ****.

Its similar to what tonedeff does but just isn't as good.

I'm really digging btnh tho.

rhan

Smash Hero

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Voted for YBM

uhh least favorite songs by favorite artist?

Kanye- A vast majority of 808 and Heartbreak, Drunk and Hot Girls, and Addiction

Andre 3000- All of idlewild

...afk

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I gotta ask yall somethin (since this is the thread with people who prolly been in the same sitch), what do you do when one of your niggas die? I'm all ****ed up.

rhan

Smash Hero
I gotta ask yall somethin (since this is the thread with people who prolly been in the same sitch), what do you do when one of your niggas die? I'm all ****ed up.
What exactly happened? Cuz I had friends die in car accidents and I had a close friend kill himself recently..

But honestly there isn't much one can do. Seeking a solution just causes problems. Only thing you can do is just never forget him and keep him in your heart and memories.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Let that one marinate a bit MBlaze, lmao.

Death is Certain definitely has more replay value, imo.
Damn really? D: lol Death is Certain is dope though.. I was feeling Street Hop mad hard today xD. Only like 3 tracks I wasn't feeling that much but was still pretty good.

I actually wanna check out his Bar Exam mixtapes now, anyone know how those are?

hmm OK i got a topic..

What are some of the WORST songs by your favorite artists?

Kanye - "Drunk and Hot Girls" comes to mind haha
Yeah I'd say that for Kanye too.

For Nas, pretty much all the ****ing Bonus Tracks to God's Son.... hate this ****s. Aside from that I guess Zone out.

Lupe Fiasco- Every song on lasers except track 2 and 11
Come on Sus lol

Letting Go
Till I get there
Beautiful Lasers
Never Forget You

Weren't that bad. In fact, Letting go has the caliber that of Words I Never Said and All Black Everything. **** it... lets just wait for Food and Liquor II lol
Letting Go andTill I Get There aren't bad at all.
^That.
Part of me was...kinda corny lol. That chorus cracks me up really hard, just the way he sings it and the goofy metaphor that he is using. Smooth verses tho. Blu3 posted that track like a year ago I think.

*****s always mis-spelling kanye like that, I've seen that done like a hundred times, on national television even..... they favorite 50 cent song 12 questions.

you can present the truth in a non arrogant manner. Just the way he was goin at that teacher, who was asking kinda generic stupid questions himself, so I don't like feel bad for him. But he was blaming that one teacher for the whole faults of the education system.

I'm a firm believer in self accountability, you can't blame your teachers, parents (or lack thereof) your whole life. And I think the notion of hip hop being a prime guideline for your life is just silly. Don't get me wrong, I draw lots of different viewpoints and motivation/inspiration from hip hop, but I look at it pretty objectively.

As far as young kids being super impressionable, I never felt like I was growing up...but I can only speak for myself.
Part of me wasn't that bad, I mean it was a good storyteller but as for concept yeah... lmao

And yeah that hook on Thing for your girlfriend has me still ****ing ROLLING xD

And true for the stuff you said under that.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Shot himself with a shotgun. I thought that would be the answer...

...well, I'll try but damn this **** is happening too fast, everybodys either hysterical or angry.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Damn really? D: lol Death is Certain is dope though.. I was feeling Street Hop mad hard today xD. Only like 3 tracks I wasn't feeling that much but was still pretty good.

I actually wanna check out his Bar Exam mixtapes now, anyone know how those are?
I'm definitely not saying it's not good. It's just that I personally like Death is Certain more in the long run.

The Bar Exams are all good. BE3 is waaay different than the first two...tons of skits and jokes in his verses. Still okay though. BE1 and 2 are pretty ill though, I'd recommend a listen if you liked Street Hop.

@ Etwisst: Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Can't really offer advice on account of me not knowing what the dude meant to you personally. Just keep your head up...time heals everything.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I'm definitely not saying it's not good. It's just that I personally like Death is Certain more in the long run.

The Bar Exams are all good. BE3 is waaay different than the first two...tons of skits and jokes in his verses. Still okay though. BE1 and 2 are pretty ill though, I'd recommend a listen if you liked Street Hop.
For me the tracks on Street Hop that were good were ****ING GOOD lol where as Death is Certain doesn't have as good tracks (in minimal cases), but has more good tracks than Street Hop most likely.

idk lol, I guess give it time.

I like Drunk and Hot Girls. There are several worse tracks off of Graduation alone. The worst Kanye track to me is probably Robocop
What? Which tracks are worst than Drunk and Hot Girls?? and off Graduation too? Damn o_O And Robocop the worst off of 808's? Nah chill.. lol

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Bittersweet Poetry sucks total ***. I also don't like Big Brother. Or Homecoming. Drunk and Hot Girls has a cool beat and the lyrics are funny.

I can't really be sure about Robocop though. I don't really listen to 808s that much.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Bittersweet the song is amazing pls stop

Ima bump 808 and Heartbreaks while I go to sleep, to see which joint wakes me up cause it's so bad. Then ima turn it off ;3
/kanyestan

Jane

Smash Hero
uhh least favorite songs by favorite artist?

Kanye- Addiction
.....................i cant believe someone doesnt like this song. haha...

sorry for your loss bro, but like others have said there isnt much you can do. just try to cope with it as best you can and dont do anything stupid.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Bittersweet Poetry sucks total ***. I also don't like Big Brother. Or Homecoming. Drunk and Hot Girls has a cool beat and the lyrics are funny.

I can't really be sure about Robocop though. I don't really listen to 808s that much.
Beat on Bittersweet poetry wasn't that great, but unless you know the meaning behind the sample I guess it won't do much. Homecoming yeah was kinda boring but better than drunk and hot girls.. lol Big Brother too. That song is just bleh to me... x_x

Boofy!

Smash Champion

soap

Smash Hero
Nas: "I'm Good."
dude: What THE **** DOES THAT MEAN?
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f1a84606b7/shadows-with-nas

I just found out a couple weeks ago that one of my old room-mates passed away last year, and today is his birthday (wouldn't have even known without facebook...). Different situation cuz we were never super close, it's just a little weird to think about. A distant cousin that I never met was lost in a suicide bombing years back, but I've never lost anybody super close to me, and when I imagine that happening, it's like, really really weird.

I remember when I first learned about Dia Del Muerto in high school, I thought that was a cool way to look at it. Everybody dies, and the best thing to do is to celebrate their life while moving on with your own. I'm sure it's not easy tho if you were really close.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
waka, gucci, ross, etc. anything with a loud beat and simple lyrics. lord knows i can't really listen to most of nas' ish when i'm tryna work out. have to pay attention too much and me trying to recite the lyrics can be draining when i'm doing push/pull ups.

Linguini

Smash Master
I usually do cardio to laidback tracks or instrumentals and lift to hype tracks and EMD.

always try to get as many lex luger beats as i can on my workout playlist lol

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Yeah its funny.. the more I consider an artist to have "substance" (Lupe, Cudi, etc.) generally the worse they are for getting me pumped.. save for a few songs like Heart of a Lion and The Coolest..

And linguini I do the sammmeee thing as far as lifting/cardio goes.. I can listen to laidback tracks while jogging but when I lift it's gotta be something hard and heavy

DMX usually gets the job done for me.. which i totally forgot about until literally right now.

EDIT: also am I the only person on these boards that doesn't like anime? I can't get into anything lol I liked DBZ and pokemon as a kid but thats it.. can't watch it now if I tried.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Depends on the anime. Some are just too stupid for me to take remotely seriously.

Others are okay. Hajime no Ippo is one of em.

rhan

Smash Hero
I play smash listening to depressing songs.. lol of course I play two of the most campiest characters in Meleeeeee. But yeah if you wanna get hype just throw on a Wocka track. His songs make me wanna just punch kittens and set babies on fire.

Also Boofy you should watch some more grown up animes.. That actually are good.. lmaoooo

soap

Smash Hero
waka, gucci, ross, etc. anything with a loud beat and simple lyrics. lord knows i can't really listen to most of nas' ish when i'm tryna work out. have to pay attention too much and me trying to recite the lyrics can be draining when i'm doing push/pull ups.
I've got one mic on one of my workout mixes towards the end. **** just gets me so hyped everytime at like the perfect time that I need that boost. that build up...blackin out as I shoot back, **** gettin hit!

Haha I work out listening to my own music. Either that or Anime Soundtracks... DeathNote, Bleach, or Naruto...
**** gets me hyped
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5dv3ekQag

Yeah its funny.. the more I consider an artist to have "substance" (Lupe, Cudi, etc.) generally the worse they are for getting me pumped.. save for a few songs like Heart of a Lion and The Coolest..

And linguini I do the sammmeee thing as far as lifting/cardio goes.. I can listen to laidback tracks while jogging but when I lift it's gotta be something hard and heavy

DMX usually gets the job done for me.. which i totally forgot about until literally right now.

EDIT: also am I the only person on these boards that doesn't like anime? I can't get into anything lol I liked DBZ and pokemon as a kid but thats it.. can't watch it now if I tried.
Cudi is like, the anti-hype...

I don't even know what happened to the new X album... but this track...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvfhFpbHDyU

hmm, good anime... I kinda lost interest / can't find new good ones but I've seen a ton of great series. Death Note is pretty sick the first time through, try that.

I play smash listening to depressing songs.. lol of course I play two of the most campiest characters in Meleeeeee. But yeah if you wanna get hype just throw on a Wocka track. His songs make me wanna just punch kittens and set babies on fire.

Also Boofy you should watch some more grown up animes.. That actually are good.. lmaoooo
I don't know about all that depressing music and wokka but I am looking for some new good anime as well. Just recently finished Mushi-shi, it was pretty trippy and interesting, but now I'm just rewatching random champloo episodes.

Top Bottom