• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah but the group chat on fb is essentially just the normal chat. which means it would be hard af to keep up if a lot of people are on.

rhan

Smash Hero
That was a pretty interesting video to watch. Lupe's right though. We learn bullshyyt but never use it. Only thing I think I ever actually found useful during school was probably keyboarding or how to do taxes.

Also I wanna try to listen to Tyga. I reallyyy reallyy hate him but not as much as Ross. So I wante dto give him a chance. Link me some good songs.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well, I haven't been here fora few days but it looks like everyone has covered the things I was going to cover.

Checked out Tyga's Black Thoughts 2, it was good except for the tracks that were obviously YM influenced, sounded more like waka flocka tracks. **** like lap dance, **** outta here with that lol. The beginning few songs and ending couple of songs were the strongest to me.

Yes, I've known about Ayo for a couple of weeks now, been bumping that xD love that song. But Joey has me very worried now about The Great Escape because look at all of the damn good tracks that have leaked off of it and the ones that won't be on the album.

Pray For Them (Mood Muzik 4 intro which was actually supposed to be The Great Escape Intro)
Downfall
Ayo
Keep On
Money's on Me
R.I.P.

I'm seriously starting to think that MM4 was The Great Escape to be honest and he might just be recording all new ****.. lol

As for that song with Slaughterhouse and Ludacris leak, yes; Joe's flow on that **** is great lol. Joe's flow has been improving since he's been in Slaughterhouse, I guess they're helping him out with it lol. 2.0 boys his **** was on point there too. Which is good to see because the only thing with Joe to me, is that he did flow well on songs but didn't have a flow that stood out like the rest of the members of Slaughterhouse. Good to see that's changing.

Also, add me to that Skype group. lmao (Skype = MBlazee)

soap

Smash Hero

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I don't really see how he was getting so arrogant in that article because he was speaking the truth. He would eat 99% of the new school that is out right now because a vast majority of it is ****ing trash lol.

Also a reason why he could be talking "reckless" lately is because he doesn't really want to hear **** about Lasers so he's probably just putting on this persona as a premeditated defense mechanism.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Well just finishing up Street Hop by Royce da 5'9", this *****s underrated lol. Definitely his best solo album by far.

I'ma check out his Bar Exam mixtapes pretty soon but I'm feeling this album lol. Rock City I felt was too inconsistent and Death is Certain was good but Street Hop is definitely it's successor.

The hook on Thing for your girlfriend made me laugh so hard for some reason, definitely one of the funniest ones I've heard in a while idk why.

Part of me is one of the most twisted stories I've heard in hip hop lmfao, don't be cheating that's all I gotta say.

Give it a listen, near classic I'd say if not one.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Let that one marinate a bit MBlaze, lmao.

Death is Certain definitely has more replay value, imo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
hay guise recommend rap to me. I listen to tonedeff, cunninlynguists, and eminem. my favorite tracks by each respective artist are Optimist by Tonedeff, The Distance by Cunninlynguists, and 'Till I Eollapse by Eminem.

gogogogo.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
Xander: check the albums Selling Live Water by Sole [The Priziest Horse], Symptomatic of a Greater Ill by Darc Mind [Visions of a Blur], and The Taste of Rain (Why Kneel) by Deep Puddle Dynamics [The Candle]. Individual songs you should listen to first are in brackets.
Life changing, yo. Best rap out there. I think you'll identify with Sole re: bitter white man.

edit: Also, anything featuring an MC by the name of Slug. let his flow make sweet, sweet love to your eardrums.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
wasn't fond of visions of a blur, but the other two were legit. Gonna check out their discogs. Keep the reccs comming.

soap

Smash Hero
Well just finishing up Street Hop by Royce da 5'9", this *****s underrated lol. Definitely his best solo album by far.

I'ma check out his Bar Exam mixtapes pretty soon but I'm feeling this album lol. Rock City I felt was too inconsistent and Death is Certain was good but Street Hop is definitely it's successor.

The hook on Thing for your girlfriend made me laugh so hard for some reason, definitely one of the funniest ones I've heard in a while idk why.

Part of me is one of the most twisted stories I've heard in hip hop lmfao, don't be cheating that's all I gotta say.

Give it a listen, near classic I'd say if not one.
Part of me was...kinda corny lol. That chorus cracks me up really hard, just the way he sings it and the goofy metaphor that he is using. Smooth verses tho. Blu3 posted that track like a year ago I think.
Cudi
Kayne
Jay Z
Nas
Biggie
Pac

Just go to Youtube type their names in and pick a track.
*****s always mis-spelling kanye like that, I've seen that done like a hundred times, on national television even..... they favorite 50 cent song 12 questions.

It isn't arrogance if it's true. Just saying.
you can present the truth in a non arrogant manner. Just the way he was goin at that teacher, who was asking kinda generic stupid questions himself, so I don't like feel bad for him. But he was blaming that one teacher for the whole faults of the education system.

I'm a firm believer in self accountability, you can't blame your teachers, parents (or lack thereof) your whole life. And I think the notion of hip hop being a prime guideline for your life is just silly. Don't get me wrong, I draw lots of different viewpoints and motivation/inspiration from hip hop, but I look at it pretty objectively.

As far as young kids being super impressionable, I never felt like I was growing up...but I can only speak for myself.

rhan

Smash Hero
*****s always mis-spelling kanye like that, I've seen that done like a hundred times, on national television even..... they favorite 50 cent song 12 questions.
12 Questions eh? lol

It's not that I didn't know how to spell Kanye. It's just that I type too fast and don't notice my mistakes.

Also most hated song by fave artist..

Lil Wayne - Prom Queen.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Now all I need is y'all to pronounce my name
Its Kanye - But some of my plaques - they still say Kayne

soap

Smash Hero
12 Questions eh? lol

It's not that I didn't know how to spell Kanye. It's just that I type too fast and don't notice my mistakes.

I wasn't saying you don't know how to spell Kanye, I just see that all the time and it annoys me slightly cuz it seems so obvious that it wouldn't sound right.

Dyslexia is not mis-spelling, just reminded me of the lyrics.

And I spam ellipses too much. I just looked it up and It turns out you are supposed to make a space between each of the dots... but I am way too lazy for that...

Now all I need is y'all to pronounce my name
Its Kanye - But some of my plaques - they still say Kayne
haha, goood ****

(top right) "Kayne West! in USA!" Good **** UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqntAyOjeyU
still like the jam tho

Jane

Smash Hero
Top Bottom