• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Tell me you're not surprised by this. Tyga is bad...very bad.
You want bad? Listen to the guy after him, some scrub named Kevin McCall.

But yeah, Beamin >>> Deuces.

We Beamin remix has Asher Roth leading off...sorry but that's an auto DQ in my book.
Eh, he wasn't that bad actually. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Asher Roth.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asher had one of the best verses. Yall are ****ing ********!!!!

OMG I HAD THAT SONG ON REPLAY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LU, B.O.B, ASHER, DIGGY, THE REST that's my order. B.O.B. was sick and I loved the way he ended the "we playing chess, yall pawns,"

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I also like this vibe that Lu is now "The Leader", he wasn't modest about that. I like how his team came together.

There betterbe more collabs. Or somebody will die.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I only really liked Blu but Asher impressed me.

Charles and Dosage were horrible. BOB didn't close strongly.

I feel there is way too many people though. Diggy, The Cool Kids and Dosage should be cut imo. You could make a case to cut Charles too.

Blu is the best in the group imo, I know a lot of you would say Lupe.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Just wonderin'...
Is there a song thats considered "best" in hip-hop? I know VH1 made that ****ty 100 list with fight the power as number 1, but what does everyone else think.

For me it's "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Just wonderin'...
Is there a song thats considered "best" in hip-hop? I know VH1 made that ****ty 100 list with fight the power as number 1, but what does everyone else think.

'Best Song Ever' stuff is stupid

It's opinion

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
SOVAman is a tournament organizer. SO he knows whats up!

But yea, it's all opinionated it's just an argument waiting to happen type question.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Just wonderin'...

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised is not really hip hop, though it's probably the single most important song in terms of influencing hip hop.

Generally, these songs are considered to be elite, and are often near (top 10) or at the top of most lists:
I Used to Love H.E.R. by Common
The Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Fight the Power by Public Enemy
They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.) by Pete Rock ft. CL Smooth

Nothin But a G Thang by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
Juicy by The Notorious B.I.G.
Paid in Full by Rakim and Eric B.
Rapper's Delight by the Sugarhill Gang
Keep Ya Head Up by 2pac
Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A.

Of course, opinions vary greatly. The ones I bolded will be on almost every top 10 list, whereas the others are common but not always there.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Just wonderin'...

A Milli - Wayne

soap

Smash Hero
I'm Beamin remix...

I thought that checkers chess line was kinda corny. that theme has been done to hell....

I'm a huge blu fanboy so he was pretty much the reason I checked out the song

I didn't really care for anybody's verses too much tho.... too many people made me lose interest

One Mic has always been my favorite Nas track.

Best hip hop song is very subjective tho. I don't see a need to put that kind of title on things as music is different things to different people.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
best hip hop song would come down to either 2 milli by soulja boy or anything 50 tyson made

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
its subjective, but i consider Thieves in the Night to be the best Hip Hop song right now, for me. in general, probably I Used to Love H.E.R or They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
tyga haters..im a little upset...lol

you gotta listen to fan of a fan before you legit judge tyga...thats prolly his best mixtape
when it comes to being an MC I liked Black Thoughts better.

My favorite hip hop Song is:

The World Is Yours

Mo money mo murda comes verrrry close tho ;)

Alsooooo I just recently heard John Blaze, Nas and Big Pun on the same track.............. oh **** @~@ lmao

MBlaze

Smash Champion
It took me a while to get to Big Pun's posthumous compilation release because YEAAAAH Baby was kinda bad.... but I give Pun a pass on that because his health was in massive danger and he couldn't even breathe right let alone flow, causin him to slow down.

Some tracks he'd be speakin the least too, like on Ms. Martain with remey ma he let her like do the whole **** song and he just did the hook. So I can see why he didn't come with it as hard, he wasn't in good health and it was right before he had his heart attack. :(

So I was hesitant about checkin out Endangered Species but I gotta say that it's a **** good compilation... John Blaze is just one of the best tracks... I mean Nasty Nas and Big Pun on the same track is just God ****......... lol go listen if you haven't already.

EDIT: Who the hell said B.o.B.'s verse sucked? :I Hell no lol only the very very end wasn't that good for the ending of the song but other than that his verse was mad good on I'm Beamn Remix. I'm surprised Diggy is better than his brother like that already lmfaooo.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE SO ****ING TRUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That **** was hot, Deuces only had Yeezy and 3k go hard. Mainly 3k. But, I wasn't feeling it aside from that also Tygas part was horribad.

DIGGY????? This kid **** on it mang.
3k's verse sucked on that song
We Beamin remix has Asher Roth leading off...sorry but that's an auto DQ in my book.
damm right.....but i'll give it a listen anyway >_>
Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asher had one of the best verses. Yall are ****ing ********!!!!

OMG I HAD THAT SONG ON REPLAY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LU, B.O.B, ASHER, DIGGY, THE REST that's my order. B.O.B. was sick and I loved the way he ended the "we playing chess, yall pawns,"
that line is corny.....stop typin in caps -___-
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised is not really hip hop, though it's probably the single most important song in terms of influencing hip hop.

Generally, these songs are considered to be elite, and are often near (top 10) or at the top of most lists:
I Used to Love H.E.R. by Common
The Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Fight the Power by Public Enemy
They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.) by Pete Rock ft. CL Smooth

Nothin But a G Thang by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
Juicy by The Notorious B.I.G.
Paid in Full by Rakim and Eric B.
Rapper's Delight by the Sugarhill Gang
Keep Ya Head Up by 2pac
Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A.

Of course, opinions vary greatly. The ones I bolded will be on almost every top 10 list, whereas the others are common but not always there.
i personally woudn't put rapper's delight in my top ten. i acknowledge it was the first rap song(kind of), but the first isn't always the best.
While we're on the subject I gotta go with NY State of Mind for favorite Nas song. Too raw...
damm right.....hmmmmm favorite nas track......i dunno yet. i wish nas would make a track where he spit for 7 minutes straight; no hook or nothing like that. just go in.
when it comes to being an MC I liked Black Thoughts better.

My favorite hip hop Song is:

The World Is Yours

Mo money mo murda comes verrrry close tho ;)

Alsooooo I just recently heard John Blaze, Nas and Big Pun on the same track.............. oh **** @~@ lmao
World Is Yours >>>>>

Niko45

Smash Master
If Andre had spit that verse at like twice the speed people would be like omg that verse was amazing. Idk why he spit it so slowly. It's a good verse just waaaaay too slow.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Speaking of John Blaze, I heard Nas re-wrote his verse after hearing Pun's verse. Pun the gawd >>>

Niko45

Smash Master
Just listened tothe GOOD cypher a couple of times. Big Sean was impressive, but honestly, I gotta give it to Cyhi the Prince. Dude killed it!

Also Common blows. :/

Top Bottom