• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
also i say we just do a standard braggadocio/battle rap style thing just to keep things simple so people dont have to be like trying all hard to fit in. everyone that can rap can do the braggadocio. and everyone should a least do a LITTLE bit regarding smash, these boards, or this thread. :3

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Songs that are to long get annoying to listen to after a while. I think we should have someone introduce all of the people featured in the song... The intro shouldn't last longer than 30 seconds.... then immediately after the intro the 1st rapper should go, on beat afterward.
I would disagree with you under normal circumstances, but yeah we shouldn't have a long intro or outro with so many people rapping.

There doesn't need to be a specific theme for the song..but I believe it should revolve around the same vibe of the song. It shouldn't be like one person spitting about "being fly, Getting money"...and then the next talking about "Making love to a woman"... We should all be going in the same direction... get me?
Exactly; this is what I was trying to say. But if people refuse to have a common theme, I'm not going to argue about it. I've already stated roughly what my verse will be themed like, and I'm going to stick to it unless there's a big change in plans.

Also, 16 bars is fine per person....either that or less. Hearing the beat 1st is recommended, once the beat is decided we can measure out which verse goes where from x time to y time. Also, we need to have a title for the song. The title will give us an idea of what we are spitting about.
16 bars might be about right. I think a structure similar to the song "Triumph" by Wu Tang Clan or "Battle Cry" by Army of the Pharaohs would be good because they both have many verses but manage to stay around 6 minutes or less.

Can't wait to record this... it'll be fun.
Hell yeah!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
ok so how about we make a beat similar to 75 Bars by The Roots? simple beat but is dope as ****.

oh and no effects on anyone's voices...

and I CALL LAST VERSE...

rhan

Smash Hero
Agreed, we really need a topic or theme so we know what kind of verse to write.
Forget a concept, just spazz out.
LMAO!

So I love That Tree.

Kid Cudi did so well on his verse.
annnd i rep the double 0 smokin eatin cheeriosss
Funny thing is that I was thinking of things for the track and that song came to mind. Cudi is duh besss <3

Fine. FYI, I'm doing more of a typical bragging rap. I would do intellectual, but I don't want to spend a long time thinking of deep lyrics, lol.

So, should we write lyrics and then make a beat? Or write lyrics first? I'm just wondering, since writing lyrics without a beat can be a bit tricky, since you may have to adjust the flow you originally had in mind when you fit it to a beat.

So who's on this? I have:

KrazyGlue
Jane
IAmBlue3
N9NE (ghostwriter???)
cookie
linguini (beats)
rhan (I think)

Anyone else? Assuming this is the final list, we're looking at 4-5 or so verses.
I can't string together enough rhymes for a whole verse unless N9NE ghostwrites for me. lmao

But yeah apparently I'll be singing the chorus? And/or producing.

Niko45

Smash Master
i don't know about bleek. once i seen him in the Garnier Fructis commercial rapping about shampoo, i really had no desire to check his stuff out.
LMAO can't even argue with that. Bleek is really nothing special imo but he's decent. I don't know his solo stuff at all really but just from his features on Jay's stuff you can tell he can ride a beat and is ok lyrically. He doesn't jump out as being a terrible rapper or anything, so its odd for Complex to be dumping on him.

Few nice examples of Bleek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4FA01wE8LA <- Bleek over Premo (****'s actually hot)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RC_z_zpims&feature=related <- Coming of Age, the classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRKkOFdyl_c <- Is that Your Chick

As far as Jay goes, the classics are Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, and Black Album. Those albums are killed thoroughly and won't disappoint.

After that if you want more you have to fish through the other albums for whats good and whats not. Vol 1-3 are the hardest to get into now imo, just because they seem the most dated production/content wise. Never skip his intros, they're often among the best tracks on the album.

Another thing that really helps is finding mixtapes and such that just put Jay verses over hot beats. This really helped me realize how good Vol 1-3 really were. I know a lot of people didn't realize just how sick Encore was until they heard the Linkin Park mash-up. This helps with any great rapper, though. I've found great mash-ups of Nas as well.

Here's a good example of a Jay verse probably originally overlooked - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC7I6Mz05NQ

I highly recommend that whole Noodles mixtape. Great mashups of Jay on there, including the verses on Hovi Baby from BP2 which I never could deal with because of that terrible hook. Turns out the verses are beast.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
My black side is so wanting to get in this.

But my white side prevents me from thinking of rhymes to put together... It also prevents me from having the ability to dance..

That would be freaking awesome though. I could make a beat or have a beat made for it. Would the track be smash related? I could throw in some videogame sfx on the beat too.

Yo I got dumb hype thinking about this forreal!
I'd be willing to do that.

I call second verse. And chorus.

EDIT: **** the chorus, someone else can have that.
I call random ad-libs.
Im'a get my DJ Khalid on!!
i take a four hour nap and come back... and so much to reply to lol. have i ever mentioned that i love you guys? :laugh:

ohhh man, that would be doopeee!
Yes it WILL

I gotta be in that song. How many people? And what's the suggested amount of Bars we suppose to be spittin, so we get everyone in?
Haha, I would make a beat if I was any good at it. I've tried my hand at Fruity Loops 9 and it's just not up my alley. I can think of a good sounding beat, but I just don't have the technical skill to make it. :p

Yeah, I'd love to spit a verse though.
Linguiniiii produce for me!!!

Hey guys...I rap n stuff, I'd be down for some collabs!
True.

1. Beats
2. Number of Bars (I still say 32 max)
3. Verses and who goes 1st 2nd 3rd etc.
4. Number of songs.
I can sing. Real ****.

I got hyyyype!
HOL UP HOL UP. I'M IN ON THIS. caps
You guys can use one of my beats if you want to lol i just want to see how it turns out
There won't be a chorus, iirc.
Lots of replies. This is good. I wasn't thinking of a chorus. I was thinking maybe just spit what you got and we'll see how it sounds.

The list is:
Kingdom Come AKA Champ Slice
Rhan
Serin
McCloud
Linguini-Beats
N9NE-Ad Libs
Y.b.M.
KrazyGlue
T3h Albino

It doesn't matter what the chorus is, or if there is one. Or the number of bars you do. Just do your thing. Everybody has their own preference of things. So I say we hear some beats. Get a majority vote and then lay down some rhymes.

And, if y'all don't mind I'm gonna post this on my myspace music account and on my facebook. This is gonna be sick. Just make sure the Mic Quality is good. I know I've learned that mistake in the past. So yea, I hope we're all set. Start getting those pens and pads moving.

Lol I don't even use a pen or a pad. I write on myspace. So once we decide on the beat everything is gonna be good.

The only thing I ask is that you go hard.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
The list is:
Rhan
Serin
McCloud
Linguini-Beats
N9NE-Ad Libs
Y.b.M.
KrazyGlue
T3h Albino
S.O.L.I.D.

There, there is the list.

Jane

Smash Hero
Coolbeans. I can still throw a couple beats out there for possible usage. :)

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Ful-Metal-Beats/136238386394961?ref=ts

This is my partner that does the beats and produces records for the up and coming (Youngin) artists in my area. His beats are serious business. I'll be able to hook us up with a little something. Check out his jank.
****! your boy is niiiice!

my favorite is one called "nice chill beat" too sick

edit - wait, no, its called insomnia lol

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Forget a concept, just spazz out.
I don't know if that's the best idea 0-o

I couldn't talk for 8 straight minutes. Much less make it rhyme
It seems rather difficult, but he didn't rap from 0:01 to 8...regardless it was still a long *** song lol

I don't care what beat we rap to... Music is what I do 24/7 when I'm not at tournaments and on smashboards. Also, I don't suggest doing a hook at all. Although, hooks are the foundation of a song and allows listeners to understand the core of what they are listening to. It's going to be a decent amount of people on the song...

Songs that are to long get annoying to listen to after a while. I think we should have someone introduce all of the people featured in the song... The intro shouldn't last longer than 30 seconds.... then immediately after the intro the 1st rapper should go, on beat afterward.

So when the beat is decided, Someone who wants to be involved but isn't particularly lyrical can introduce it.

I prefer to go first or last. If anyone has an objection to that...I don't mind going in the verses in between.

There doesn't need to be a specific theme for the song..but I believe it should revolve around the same vibe of the song. It shouldn't be like one person spitting about "being fly, Getting money"...and then the next talking about "Making love to a woman"... We should all be going in the same direction... get me?

Also, 16 bars is fine per person....either that or less. Hearing the beat 1st is recommended, once the beat is decided we can measure out which verse goes where from x time to y time. Also, we need to have a title for the song. The title will give us an idea of what we are spitting about.

Can't wait to record this... it'll be fun.
I agree with just about everything in this post.
I just want to hear the beat =], I've been real busy lately with my mixtape and all however I can set aside some time for this, since it seems fun!
8/16 bars per person sounds good.
-shrug- I'll go wherever in the song, place doesn't really matter to me haha.

rhan

Smash Hero
It didn't stop Kanye...

Let's get it!

Jane: Yeah I told ya. He's no joke. I'll talk to him about making some kinda crazy gamer beat lol

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
he is prolly telling the truth but I can't take him seriously

after that vid I stumbled on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPsFhstOnzg&feature=related

nas was a quiet dude. or he was really blazed
that's nas' brother jungle, tho i don't think they're getting along right now, going by his lyrics on N.I.G.G.E.R. i think jung is in that vid you just posted with the flashlight on his head.

and nas is a pretty quiet dude....and stays buzzed. he's like that in every interview just about lol.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
A couple of thoughts:

1. We shouldn't specifically have to have 16 bars. I think a little variation should be allowed as long as the verse is of a reasonable length. Like for instance I really don't have a problem if someone REALLY wants to say something but has no time and wants to do 20 bars. If it's only a 10 seconds difference, it doesn't matter that much.

2. Just wondering how we're going to collect everyone's verses. I could record mine on an audio recorder (which records in mp3 format) and send it to whoever is putting together the song. Are there any other good ideas regarding this?

also i say we just do a standard braggadocio/battle rap style thing just to keep things simple so people dont have to be like trying all hard to fit in. everyone that can rap can do the braggadocio. and everyone should a least do a LITTLE bit regarding smash, these boards, or this thread. :3
This.

EDIT: Just wrote my 16 bars. May need some work. I really like everything I included, but the flow changes perhaps too often and too dramatically.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I guess nobody read my post?

Everybody is just gonna rap. Like Wale said "This is about *****s be rappin".

So everybody is gonna do their own thing. I'm only gonna spit a few bars because that's how I am. SOme people like to spit 1000000000 bars which is also cool. But, were gonna keep this to a reasonable length of time.

Say there are 8 of us and we all take approx 1 minute to rap. Then it should only take about 8 minutes. Which I doubt, cause I won't use a full minute. But let's keep this simple. And everybody could send me the beat and their recording and I would be happy to put this together.

Also I talked to Vrael AKA Solid about this. Please don't try to be something your not. Just rap. Don't say anything that you yourself wouldn't normally say. Just keep it 100.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
The list is:
Rhan
Serin
McCloud
Linguini-Beats
N9NE-Ad Libs
Y.b.M.
KrazyGlue
T3h Albino

The only thing I ask is that you go hard.
forgetting me...
and can do.

dope but not "****ing insaneeeeee"... canibus is a better freestyler imo... but hes like the king of freestyling so yeah

I guess nobody read my post?

Everybody is just gonna rap. Like Wale said "This is about *****s be rappin".

So everybody is gonna do their own thing. I'm only gonna spit a few bars because that's how I am. SOme people like to spit 1000000000 bars which is also cool. But, were gonna keep this to a reasonable length of time.

Say there are 8 of us and we all take approx 1 minute to rap. Then it should only take about 8 minutes. Which I doubt, cause I won't use a full minute. But let's keep this simple. And everybody could send me the beat and their recording and I would be happy to put this together.

Also I talked to Vrael AKA Solid about this. Please don't try to be something your not. Just rap. Don't say anything that you yourself wouldn't normally say. Just keep it 100.
say there are 9 of us?

ill spit at least 16.

say the song is like 20 minutes long. lmao. kidding obviously, but theres gotta be a cap on how many bars you can do.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
canibus is NOT the king of freestyling lmao
his freestyles are hella complex. at least the ones ive listened to...

and idk. hes just good at freestyling. i dont really look for freestylers much, i think freeway is good too but i havent looked at his stuff... but yeah, im not reallly knowledgable about freestylers, but canibus is just a doope freestyler.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Also, I don't think it would be a necessity to rap about Smash Bros. or rhyme over a video game beat. I just want some tough **** to rhyme on. This is gonna be stupid dope.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Sorry for forgetting people.
its okay <33333

Also, I don't think it would be a necessity to rap about Smash Bros. or rhyme over a video game beat. I just want some tough **** to rhyme on. This is gonna be stupid dope.
agreed, i am sure as **** not doing a rap over video game music or a song about smash or swf. **** that.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Thanks. I really dislike the idea of rapping about a video game. Even though I have done it for Super Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda. But that's a whole 'nother story!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Thanks. I really dislike the idea of rapping about a video game. Even though I have done it for Super Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda. But that's a whole 'nother story!
agreed, its just kinda lame.

I wanna make something that gets us hype. I wanna do something along the lines of 8 iz enuff by Big L.
im thinking of a verse something along the lines of verbal intercourse? but idk if i can think of something that dope lol

And yea I triple post.

*****es.
**** THE POLICE

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I wanna make something that gets us hype. I wanna do something along the lines of 8 iz enuff by Big L.
And yea I triple post.

*****es.
lol, just keep it all in one post. it's all pointless ranting anyways, why spread it out to three separate posts?

Read above.

Top Bottom