• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
@rhan im working in the studio on monday... so maybe i can make a little something? iiidk...

@ Blu im listening to Dancing in the Rain.

and im sure a lot of us will

Jane

Smash Hero
we're gonna have to have like a post with all the possible beats we can use, and then vote/decide which one. so people wanting to make beats, dont lag! im not like hurrying you or anything just dont take forever lol

Jane

Smash Hero
hahaha! i love how blu is one of the highest rated comments! xD

great song though

****in blu ninja'd my *** D:

soap

Smash Hero
theres only three types of *****s in this world ya know, you either gonna make **** happen, watch **** happen, or not know what happened, so I couldn't just sit there like **** rappin...

joe is cool with me. I generally hate choruses anyway. Flow alll daiiiii

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I would normally be fine with that, but since this is going to have multiple people, we probably shouldn't have everyone having completely different styles.

Imagine a song with Talib Kweli, Snoop Dogg, Del tha Funky Homosapien, and Tech N9ne. They're all great (almost as good as us ;)), but it would sound pretty ****ed up.

We should at least decide if it's going to be intellectual, gangster, party, or whatever. I'm not saying we need anything specific, but we should probably at least know what in general the song is going to be like. Personally, I think a simple party and/or boastful rap is the best because they're the easiest to write.

Jane

Smash Hero
Man everyone just do what they do. Itll sound the most organic that way.

And yeah i love that tree. Snoop amd cudi have good chemistry

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It's the first attempt at something like this.

Everyone try write some fuego bars, let's see what everyone's like and then we can build on concept tracks.

People want to drop a Rewind or Used To Love H.E.R from the jump. Let's walk before we can run.

I might ghostwrite.

Cookie stay on his intellectual tip.

Niko45

Smash Master
I didn't know nas made so many subliminal disses...
http://www.complex.com/blog_galleries/Shots-Fired-Nas-Sneakiest-Diss-Lines/

i knew jigga did, tho...
http://www.complex.com/index.php?id=12234

i wouldn't say flow so much as content for joey cuz joe flow be lackin lol.
Pretty good read, a few thoughts:

Whoever is writing for Complex needs to go back and actually listen to Memphis Bleek. Not a bad rapper at all.

Never realized Nas was dissing Cam on Street's Disciple, that's crazy. The timing and everything makes sense, that song is just so intense I never stopped to think he could be dissing somebody there.

Classic ignorant Nas with the Diddy diss. Of all the things to diss Diddy about, he chooses his campaign to get people to vote. Jay really was right, don't let the Kufi fool you, he's a ****ing idiot.

That blatant Jay-Z diss on "Success" always left me scratching my head. I guess he felt the need to salvage whatever pride he possibly could scrape together after agreeing to let Jay become his new boss - which I guess is the bigger, related thing that still has me scratching my head to this day lol.

Man, even post-black album Jay-Z has great lines here and there if you dig for them. Always loved that line in the Game diss "I'd write it if ya'll could get it, being intricate'll get you wood, critic"

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
@ Niko: though i admit that nas signing to def jam was sad, the fact that he almost signed to murder inc, instead gives me a sigh of relief. that'd been another L for Nas. probably worse than def jam.

i don't know about bleek. once i seen him in the Garnier Fructis commercial rapping about shampoo, i really had no desire to check his stuff out.

you seem pretty knowledgeable on jigga's discography. gimme some song suggestions. i've had his discog for like a year and haven't bothered to look through it yet. i heard his verse on lights out so now i'm intrigued.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Exactly. Everything the nine said.
Fine. FYI, I'm doing more of a typical bragging rap. I would do intellectual, but I don't want to spend a long time thinking of deep lyrics, lol.

So, should we write lyrics and then make a beat? Or write lyrics first? I'm just wondering, since writing lyrics without a beat can be a bit tricky, since you may have to adjust the flow you originally had in mind when you fit it to a beat.

So who's on this? I have:

KrazyGlue
Jane
IAmBlue3
N9NE (ghostwriter???)
cookie
linguini (beats)
rhan (I think)

Anyone else? Assuming this is the final list, we're looking at 4-5 or so verses.

Jane

Smash Hero
you forgot albino and mccloud.

also, make a beat first. like i said the beat should be our first order of business

soap

Smash Hero
nah. then everybody will end up soundin like Common on kanye's Get Em High. sounded way off topic in comparison to kanye and talib. we need a theme!
i love that track. I would usually skip common's verse tho it's true

Hey I can write too.

I've never seriously worked on a delivery tho

I'll just post some random stuff that I have

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I don't care what beat we rap to... Music is what I do 24/7 when I'm not at tournaments and on smashboards. Also, I don't suggest doing a hook at all. Although, hooks are the foundation of a song and allows listeners to understand the core of what they are listening to. It's going to be a decent amount of people on the song...

Songs that are to long get annoying to listen to after a while. I think we should have someone introduce all of the people featured in the song... The intro shouldn't last longer than 30 seconds.... then immediately after the intro the 1st rapper should go, on beat afterward.

So when the beat is decided, Someone who wants to be involved but isn't particularly lyrical can introduce it.

I prefer to go first or last. If anyone has an objection to that...I don't mind going in the verses in between.

There doesn't need to be a specific theme for the song..but I believe it should revolve around the same vibe of the song. It shouldn't be like one person spitting about "being fly, Getting money"...and then the next talking about "Making love to a woman"... We should all be going in the same direction... get me?

Also, 16 bars is fine per person....either that or less. Hearing the beat 1st is recommended, once the beat is decided we can measure out which verse goes where from x time to y time. Also, we need to have a title for the song. The title will give us an idea of what we are spitting about.

Can't wait to record this... it'll be fun.

Linguini

Smash Master
i'm not trying to compete man lol, if you like one of the tracks that ive posted then feel free to hop on it,i should be posting a new one like every week

oh, and common was sickkk in get em' high, dont know what your talking about blu3

Top Bottom