• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'd be willing to do that.

I call second verse. And chorus.

EDIT: **** the chorus, someone else can have that.

Jane

Smash Hero
ok so before my long post replying to everyone, first i want to begin this double post by linking to this set of videos of Just Blaze and DJ Premier tearing it up on the wheelz of steel at some place called Fat Beats in NYC for its grand closing or something.

anyways, its fuxing dope. im also very surprisingly proud to say that i only didnt recognize like... two beats that they used. :D i knew the original artist for alllmost all of them.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-QvLN3hCc&feature=player_embedded

Part 2 (only like 3 mins) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_OZIDyB7Ys&feature=player_embedded

Jane

Smash Hero
i take a four hour nap and come back... and so much to reply to lol. have i ever mentioned that i love you guys? :laugh:

yeah, i remember him mentioning it in an interview. shame most of his rhymes always has "nigga" or "bitch in them haha. then again, i probably wouldn't listen to him if he tried to hard to be smart.
lol, i hate it when people forget to put an end quotation mark, then i get confused and have to reread like 5 times. xD (im not knockin you im just sayin :p)

First off, LOL no. I was raised to never call a woman out of her name, so it's just something that I cringe about when listening to most Hip-Hop artists.
interesting. ive never met someone whos really into rap that thinks like that. im glad your kind exists haha

I don't really have much of a problem with the word in rap. It has a ring and flow to it and can be used in a non-offensive way. Same thing with ngga. Same way that I can listen to Marshal Mathers LP, when "***/got" is one of the most used words on there. I have respect for both gays and women, but sometimes you have to sacrifice what's in good taste for the sake of a rhyme scheme.
yeah man both words are so prominent because they just flow so nicely. i use "DA B WORD" more than i probably should ;)

Check out a new beat i cooked up, still messing around with that trip-hop sound.

Feedback is welcome

http://www.zshare.net/audio/80215524b74877e7/
didnt really sound like trip hop to me, but maybe my definition is just skewed. but i really loved it, real talk. ive liked all your tracks that you posted but this one had something the others didnt... it just had like this positivity to it that i loooved. good **** bro

Oh yeah, it is really weird to think about! Cool and sad at the same time, lol.

i'm getting MAD into rjd2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJeLG8-M5I

what a dj/producer
hmm, will have to check out more. especially since you said some of his stuff is very dubsteppy haha

i call everybody a *****. to not call women that would be sexist of me
LOL! QTF. hahahaha

Oh ****.

Yo man I wanna make a collab with the people here in this thread?

Who would be down? Just Spit.
ohhh man, that would be doopeee!

Jane

Smash Hero
maaaan. i just had an epic *** dream involving this thread. lmfao.

we were all gathered in a giant room, but instead of our normal selves we turned into crazy fantasy characters. and not like p*ssy LOTR fantasy. it was really cool and everyone was totally different. i dont remember specifically what anyone was, except for some reason cookie, who had the most dramatic entrance. he was like this buff *** thing in armor, who had three heads. one was a normalish human head, one was like a lizard/dinosaur head, and one wasnt a head at all it was two gigantic eyes but that changed colors very vividly.

we had like some "mission" we had to do that involved going to houston (lol) but before we took off on our journey i woke up. it was crazy. someone turned into like this hooded crazy guy who had a "horse" that could transform into a bunch of ****. and god****, it was cool lol

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

we were all gathered in a giant room, but instead of our normal selves we turned into crazy fantasy characters. and not like p*ssy LOTR fantasy. it was really cool and everyone was totally different. i dont remember specifically what anyone was, except for some reason cookie, who had the most dramatic entrance. he was like this buff *** thing in armor, who had three heads. one was a normalish human head, one was like a lizard/dinosaur head, and one wasnt a head at all it was two gigantic eyes but that changed colors very vividly.

we had like some "mission" we had to do that involved going to houston (lol) but before we took off on our journey i woke up. it was crazy. someone turned into like this hooded crazy guy who had a "horse" that could transform into a bunch of ****. and god****, it was cool lol
That sounds absolutely ridiculous but pretty ****ing cool at the same time.

Niko45

Smash Master
ok so before my long post replying to everyone, first i want to begin this double post by linking to this set of videos of Just Blaze and DJ Premier tearing it up on the wheelz of steel at some place called Fat Beats in NYC for its grand closing or something.

anyways, its fuxing dope. im also very surprisingly proud to say that i only didnt recognize like... two beats that they used. :D i knew the original artist for alllmost all of them.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-QvLN3hCc&feature=player_embedded

Part 2 (only like 3 mins) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_OZIDyB7Ys&feature=player_embedded
Great stuff. I'm sad to hear Fat Beats is closing. They had awesome T-shirts.

Jane

Smash Hero
haha. i have crazy dreams almost every night. the best part is i usually remember at least part of them.

niko, what was fat beats, exactly?

also luigi, i forgot to ask you this, but how did you join smashboards before melee was even released? xD was this site up for smash 64 originally? :O

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
haha. i have crazy dreams almost every night. the best part is i usually remember at least part of them.

niko, what was fat beats, exactly?

also luigi, i forgot to ask you this, but how did you join smashboards before melee was even released? xD was this site up for smash 64 originally? :O
it was after Melee was just announced and there was mad hype for it. Gideon had a whole little site devoted to Smash 64 and Melee rumors XD

Niko45

Smash Master
Fat Beats was mostly a vinyl shop. Also had T-shirts, some mixtapes, Smack DVD, stuff like that. You could also get tickets to shows there. They had live DJs in there all the time, too.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I gotta be in that song. How many people? And what's the suggested amount of Bars we suppose to be spittin, so we get everyone in?

Jane

Smash Hero
first the beat should be decided.

it definitely has to be one made by one of our members. atm i can only recall linguini making beats, but im almost sure other peeps have made beats.

so yeah all you producers post some of your best **** so we can decide!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
oh forreal?

aight well our school has a studio. im going to make beats there on monday for a few hours, so i can put something up i think...

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

LOL

Jane... you're on some **** out of this world... lmfao
QFT

Who's gonna do the chorus?
who can sing? i can also do a verse once my writer's block goes away.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Haha, I would make a beat if I was any good at it. I've tried my hand at Fruity Loops 9 and it's just not up my alley. I can think of a good sounding beat, but I just don't have the technical skill to make it. :p

Yeah, I'd love to spit a verse though.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
haha alright maybe i was a little rough, my b no hard feelings.:chuckle:

you might be right, but when i was your age hip-hop wasn't as blogified(not a word) and accessible through the internet as it is now. It's pretty ridiculous, I used to be on torrents all day when i was a freshman, but now i look back and see how tedious that was.

Check out a new beat i cooked up, still messing around with that trip-hop sound.

Feedback is welcome

http://www.zshare.net/audio/80215524b74877e7/
Linguiniiii produce for me!!!

Hey guys...I rap n stuff, I'd be down for some collabs!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
True.

1. Beats
2. Number of Bars (I still say 32 max)
3. Verses and who goes 1st 2nd 3rd etc.
4. Number of songs.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I can sit this one out, I was just throwing my name out there haha.

So J. Cole managed to find his way into my top 5 *Kicking out Jay Electronica ;; I'm mad he's not making a lot of music!*
So it's looking like
The Roots
Lupe Fiasco
Outkast
J. Cole
MF DOOM
and The late BigL

Also Serin, 32 bars is A LOT. Average is 8, above average is 16, and usually songs with more than that are someone who doesn't even really plan on using a chorus *obviously not the case*, or it's slaughterhouse lol. Or it's just a really long beat...

rhan

Smash Hero
I can't string together anything.. lmao :(

I'm talking to my friend about that beat. We'll have something together when I have the time to go over his house and work on something. I'm only free Monday - Wednesday of next week..

I'll try to write something. I'll need a topic or some kind of reference of what the song's gonna be about.

Top Bottom