• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Linguini

Smash Master
Ive only bothered to read a couple posts by cookie, but ive come to the conclusion that he either has no idea what he's talking about, is slighty ********, or just young and inexperienced........smh man......smh

rhan

Smash Hero
****, I know I posted this late.

But September 7th 1996.

R.I.P. Tupac Shakur. You and your family will have my total thoughts and prayers for the next week. Hope Heaven got a ghetto.
I was watching Fuse all day yesterday with the Tupac memorials.

I still think that Pac, Biggie and Micheal Jackson are on some island off the coast of Africa chillin and laughin their *** off havin a ball.

*Denial*

Ive only bothered to read a couple posts by cookie, but ive come to the conclusion that he either has no idea what he's talking about, is slighty ********, or just young and inexperienced........smh man......smh
Ouch....

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Cookie knows more about hip hop than I knew at his age. Far more.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
lol JTR will kill you.
haha but i had to use it!
his points are on point most of the time; other times, i factor in his age when he says something i don't agree with. he's just a young dude; i wouldn't say too inexperienced as far as hip-hop's concerned, tho.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Chill man. He's like 15 (so am I =D), I'd be surprised if you knew more about hip-hop at his age than he does. Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean you have to insult him. Don't be a ****.

I need to start listening to more Joe Budden. But his name reminds of Joe Biden so when I think of him I imagine Joe Biden with a doo rag rapping or some ****.

Jane

Smash Hero
omg you guys.
pac div - dont mention it.

go download it! ive brought them up before but i dont think anyone paid any mind to it

i listened to it
blown as ****
in my car right now. soooo good, the bass is insane through the whole thing, and dudes are on point with the lyricism

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
... i have every idea that im talking about. a few times im being sarcastic or just saying random things, but for the most part i know what im talking about. i am most certainly not unexperienced... if you knew Hip Hop like i do at my age then props to you for that.

Cookie knows more about hip hop than I knew at his age. Far more.
Thank you.

haha but i had to use it!

his points are on point most of the time; other times, i factor in his age when he says something i don't agree with. he's just a young dude; i wouldn't say too inexperienced as far as hip-hop's concerned, tho.
thank you.

Chill man. He's like 15 (so am I =D), I'd be surprised if you knew more about hip-hop at his age than he does. Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean you have to insult him. Don't be a ****.

I need to start listening to more Joe Budden. But his name reminds of Joe Biden so when I think of him I imagine Joe Biden with a doo rag rapping or some ****.
thank you.

and LOL... i think of madden for some reason. i never play madden either...

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Straight Outta Scranton. Crazy mutha****a named Biden.
lol
So J. Cole graduated from St. Johns in NY magna *** laude..

Did not know
yeah, i remember him mentioning it in an interview. shame most of his rhymes always has "nigga" or "bitch in them haha. then again, i probably wouldn't listen to him if he tried to hard to be smart.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I wish he didn't use bitch so much :(

Bitch is the only reason I have a problem with rap. But Em makes it look like it's not a problem >_<

rhan

Smash Hero
I know how you feel Siren. I was raised by a single parent Mom of three children. Women are the strongest and superior of our species. They are capable of everything.

SN: I've been listening to Chris Brown - Dueces a hellava lot... That song is just soooo ****ing goooood to me.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah.... I saw the S... then N at the end... And the R in the middle and my brain automatically thought "Siren".

Awww yeaaaaahhhh I just discovered that I'm dyslexic...

Chris Brown is amazing. I don't understand how anyone can hate his music... :(

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I know how you feel Siren. I was raised by a single parent Mom of three children. Women are the strongest and superior of our species. They are capable of everything.

SN: I've been listening to Chris Brown - Dueces a hellava lot... That song is just soooo ****ing goooood to me.
I don't really have much of a problem with the word in rap. It has a ring and flow to it and can be used in a non-offensive way. Same thing with ngga. Same way that I can listen to Marshal Mathers LP, when "***/got" is one of the most used words on there. I have respect for both gays and women, but sometimes you have to sacrifice what's in good taste for the sake of a rhyme scheme.

Linguini

Smash Master
... i have every idea that im talking about. a few times im being sarcastic or just saying random things, but for the most part i know what im talking about. i am most certainly not unexperienced... if you knew Hip Hop like i do at my age then props to you for that.
haha alright maybe i was a little rough, my b no hard feelings.:chuckle:

you might be right, but when i was your age hip-hop wasn't as blogified(not a word) and accessible through the internet as it is now. It's pretty ridiculous, I used to be on torrents all day when i was a freshman, but now i look back and see how tedious that was.

Check out a new beat i cooked up, still messing around with that trip-hop sound.

Feedback is welcome

http://www.zshare.net/audio/80215524b74877e7/

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
haha alright maybe i was a little rough, my b no hard feelings.:chuckle:

you might be right, but when i was your age hip-hop wasn't as blogified(not a word) and accessible through the internet as it is now. It's pretty ridiculous, I used to be on torrents all day when i was a freshman, but now i look back and see how tedious that was.

Check out a new beat i cooked up, still messing around with that trip-hop sound.

Feedback is welcome

http://www.zshare.net/audio/80215524b74877e7/
aight.

i dont really go on blogs. i agree though, Hip Hop is widely accesible via the internet. iTunes completely changed the whole CD thing... well not completely, but it's converting to mp3's instead of CD's...

there's nothing that we can do to stop it... but I'll just stick with my CD's. perfect sound on my little system (Bose CD player, oooold)

and its good. i wouldnt say its trip-hop.. but i mean i like it a lot. the RJD2 sound is reallllly trippy. and what do you use to make beats?

also, just found out my PUBLIC high school has a recording studio. F YES.
(i dont know where we get the money from lol. we have sooo much at our school...)

and also

Oh yeah, it is really weird to think about! Cool and sad at the same time, lol.

i'm getting MAD into rjd2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJeLG8-M5I

what a dj/producer
hes cool. a trippy sound. i like the trippy sound on this one Rakim record, just dont remember what it is called...

show me love maybe? not really TRIPPY per se, but it has sort of that sound.

Linguini

Smash Master
I really wanna make a track to that.

May I?
go for it man haha

aight.

and its good. i wouldnt say its trip-hop.. but i mean i like it a lot. the RJD2 sound is reallllly trippy. and what do you use to make beats?

hes cool. a trippy sound. i like the trippy sound on this one Rakim record, just dont remember what it is called...

show me love maybe? not really TRIPPY per se, but it has sort of that sound.
I use FL Studio 9 but i'm switching to logic since i just bought a mac.

The rakim song your probably thinking of is follow the leader, realllly funky song, but one of my favorites of all time.

rhan

Smash Hero
Oh ****.

Yo man I wanna make a collab with the people here in this thread?

Who would be down? Just Spit.
My black side is so wanting to get in this.

But my white side prevents me from thinking of rhymes to put together... It also prevents me from having the ability to dance..

That would be freaking awesome though. I could make a beat or have a beat made for it. Would the track be smash related? I could throw in some videogame sfx on the beat too.

Yo I got dumb hype thinking about this forreal!

Top Bottom