• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Everybody is just gonna rap. Like Wale said "This is about *****s be rappin".
Thanks. I really dislike the idea of rapping about a video game. Even though I have done it for Super Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda. But that's a whole 'nother story!
Isn't that a complete contradiction? "Just rap about anything you want. But don't rap about something I don't want."

Anyway, I say Smash Boards once and M2K once in my 16 bars; is that ok with everyone? And my verse isn't really about Smash Bros or anything. Like I said, I'm still working with my 16 bars and this might completely change anyway. But here's the two bars in question:

1. Yo this some smash boards ill ****, online we kill ****
2. We like M2K, gettin rich and dominatin a *****

And after that I really don't talk about it anymore. I really pretty much go to braggadocio style after that. Also I have 4 shout-outs at the end but they're all about people affiliated with this song or thread, so there's no problem there, right?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Also I talked to Vrael AKA Solid about this. Please don't try to be something your not. Just rap. Don't say anything that you yourself wouldn't normally say. Just keep it 100.
The verse I write for Rhan gonna be about pimping 168 hoes and launching grenades on the block while snorting cocaine. Cheah!

**** THE POLICE
Always found that saying annoying.

If someone robs you or whatever who are you going to turn to?

Unless you're frigging Dog the Bounty Hunter and take the law into your own hands like a boss, cheah!

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Isn't that a complete contradiction? "Just rap about anything you want. But don't rap about something I don't want."

Anyway, I say Smash Boards once and M2K once in my 16 bars; is that ok with everyone? And my verse isn't really about Smash Bros or anything. Like I said, I'm still working with my 16 bars and this might completely change anyway. But here's the two bars in question:

1. Yo this some smash boards ill ****, online we kill ****
2. We like M2K, gettin rich and dominatin a *****

And after that I really don't talk about it anymore. I really pretty much go to braggadocio style after that. Also I have 4 shout-outs at the end but they're all about people affiliated with this song or thread, so there's no problem there, right?
No it's all cool. I said it's not a necessity and it's not my personal preference to rap about games. But, by all means say what you want to say. Everything is cool. I never once said DONT rap about Video games or SWF.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Always found that saying annoying.

If someone robs you or whatever who are you going to turn to?

Unless you're frigging Dog the Bounty Hunter and take the law into your own hands like a boss, cheah!
So "cheah" is the new "yaowa", I see. ;)

Yeah, I think things like the Stop Snitching program are incredibly stupid. Rappers preach not telling anything to police, then complain when the killers of 2pac and Biggie weren't found.

No it's all cool. I said it's not a necessity and it's not my personal preference to rap about games. But, by all means say what you want to say. Everything is cool. I never once said DONT rap about Video games or SWF.
Ah, ok. And, like I said, I might completely change my verse anyway. Even if I don't it's really not a major part of it anyway. Thanks for your understanding.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i seriously thought this idea would fizzle out in like 10 minutes.
This might be kinda sick.

The verse I write for Rhan gonna be about pimping 168 hoes and launching grenades on the block while snorting cocaine. Cheah!
Sounds classy, two thumbs up from me.

looooool

So can we get a confirmation on how many people there are going to be? If we're gonna go do an intro (are we?) and 16 bars each, that's gonna be hella long. I might only do like 12 I don't know. Once we get a beat/I try to start writing something, I'll see how much I can get.

Silk

Smash Apprentice

I've been digging hip-hop with 'glitch-hop' type beats lately, thought I'd share

soap

Smash Hero
Wait, are you even part of this project?

Regardless, if it bothers everyone so much I can change it... It kinda messes with my flow anyway...
rofl no. when I said "my" bars, I meant "our" bars.

m2k is jus not gangsta and doesn't rhyme with anything.

now mango rhymes with hoes clothes and bankrolls

Silk

Smash Apprentice
7 years and 70 posts?

Boss.
"Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody."

haha jk

but 10 points for those who know instantly what amazing movie that quote is from

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
rofl no. when I said "my" bars, I meant "our" bars.

m2k is jus not gangsta and doesn't rhyme with anything.

now mango rhymes with hoes clothes and bankrolls
i agree completely... maybe its cuz i dont play smash, but like... theres nothing lyrical or particularly interesting to the general Hip Hop lover in "i falcon pawnch like a boss, call me rick ross" or something along the lines...

no offense guys... maybe its cuz i havent played smash in like a year.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
M2K (one of the best brawl players) wasn't even used in a rhyme. It was used in the following line:

"We like M2K, gettin rich and dominatin a *****"

But since everyone hates that, I changed it. It would be nice if someone else would actually do something other than complain, though.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
"Yea I'm quite fine but shorty much finer And I just get behind it, and smack it like E Honda"

- Lil Wayne on Pass the Douch- "We are Young money"

rhan

Smash Hero
"The W for Wanda.
She kinda remind ya
Of that game Street Fighta
Hands like E. Honda."

My favorite Videogame reference. Alphabet *****es - Lil Wayne. I wanna use a sweet *** reference like this.

Edit: After reading the post above... Wayne has a fetish with Honda...

Oh and I just remembered of...

"The crookers caught up in the plan pat whut upp
So on my rosters she was number one up
If the life was Mario she would be the one up"

London Girls - Kid Cudi.

Silk

Smash Apprentice

Edit: After reading the post above... Wayne has a fetish with Honda...
haha i'm picturing Wayne huddled over his Street Fighter arcade getting off as E. Honda, next big Street Fighter tourney look out for Weezy in the brackets!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Favourite game reference:

They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario,
Ain't found that power
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower, COWARDS!

Joe has mad E Honda lines too.

My second favourite video game reference:

Girl when you see me peek at you
My cheeks will turn red like Pikachu

- N9NE

rhan

Smash Hero
You know seeing any kind of rapper or anyone famous enter a videogame tourney would be truely epic! I can imagine Wayne just like wreckin **** with like Honda and just doing MM after MM.

That **** would be ****in amazing.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
^^^ lmfao

I'm partial to this one, even though it's only kind of videogame related

"Actin' like they never seen nobody hit a nick before
Smashed the window, grabbed the Nintendo 64
When they sell out in stores the price triples
I ran up the block jumpin' kids on tricycles"
-Em

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Lupe Fiasco- The Cool, Track 8 Gold watch

"I love Street Fighter 2 I just Really hate Zangief, only Ken and Ryu I find it hard to be Blanka"

Top Bottom