• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World HOBO(anime matsuri) in Houston,Tx=April 10th-12th, 2009! Samus mains, LETS GO!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WORLD HOBO
------ AKA: WHOBO ------
----------------------------------
What is a Whobo?

(hō'bō) n. pl. who·bos (or lesser ho·bos)

A whobo is a legendary bread of hobo that leaps and bounds over the endless wastelands of northern Ontario. They came into existence through a freak accident during the great hobo migration of the 1940's when there were just so many hobos, the hobo gang riots were uncontrollable. Many innocent hobos were driven from their native stoops and overpasses, forced to wander endlessly in search of a new home. Once there, they found the harsh conditions unbearable and were forced to mutate to survive. Thus came into being the gibbering madmen known as whobos. Their howls fill the night skies and all who hear them quake in terror. The unfortunate few who wander into their domain never return. And that my friends is the story of why Northern Ontario is sparsely populated to this very day. The whobos.

The other (and more accurate) definition: WHOBO is a three day tournament event in Houston TX held on Easter weekend, April 10th-12th. It's got over 15 different tournaments going on, including 5 Brawl tournaments, SBO qualifiers, Soul Calibur National qualifiers, and over 10 other fighter tournaments. Over 200+ players are guaranteed to attend! Plus, the Brawl tournaments are sponsored to have an extra $1000 added to the 1v1 pot!
----------------------------------

I thought I would never attend one of these........
ANIME MATSURI!!!!!!!!!! If you have ever wanted to attend a large scale tournament, now is the time! This event WILL BE HUGE (we expect 250-500 players) and it will be run by MULTIPLE, experienced, delicious TO's (Xyro/TGM/DugFinn)!

There are over 10 fighting game tournaments going on at this event, including the SBO and SoulCalibur National qualifiers, so please check it out, even if you do not play Brawl.

BRAWL event gets an extra $1000 added to the Smash 1v1 pot.
PLEASE READ BELOW FOR MORE INFO!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------

Details:

Venue Name: Anime Matsuri @ Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel

Date: April 10th-12th, 2009.

Times and Events: Schedule
Registration for all tournaments starts Friday morning at 9 am April 10th and stops shortly before the tournaments begin. Please CHECK TIMES of the events you want to enter!!!!! When we start an event, we start. If you are not there, too bad. Be on time!

Address: 1601 Lake Robbins Drive The Woodlands, Houston, Texas, United States

Directions: Yahoo maps

Address specifics: This is a super nice hotel. We recommend getting a hotel room with several other players to save money. For phone reservations please call 1-281-367-9797 and reference "ANIME MATSURI" for the special convention rate! If you need directions or ANYTHING AT ALL call Xyro/TGM or DugFinn. We also suggest rooming with Houston Smashers if you don’t get a hotel room. Post if you need crash space.

Fees: To enter the convention and the tournaments, you will be required to have a convention badge ($25). You can purchase a convention badge here: http://houston-scene.com/tournamentregistration.htm and register for the tournaments too.

1v1 - $15 (pre-reg $13)
2v2 - $20 (pre-reg $16)
1v1 ISP - $10 (pre-reg $8)
2v2 ISP - $10 (pre-reg $8)

Pre-registration is not required, but encouraged.
If you have any questions, call DugFinn or Xyro/TGM.

Rules: The rules that will be used for the brawl event are the rules Xyro uses for all of his HOBO tournaments. If you disagree, please EXPLAIN in GREAT detail and be NICE about it. If you make valid points, I will change the rules. If you're just going to complain because you're a little poop-faced baby (I’m looking at you Inui), then I will ignore you and most likely stab you multiple times with a rusty butter knife. BTW Metaknight IS LEGAL. Get this in your head RIGHT NOW! That piece of **** broken character is LEGAL. Are you happy Inui/M2k?

Extra Info:
Xyro/TGM Email: was7x@hotmail.com (make the email subject title "whobo")
Xyro/TGM Phone: 409-692-0697(my name is allan)
Xyro AIM: xyro77
DugFinn phone: 832-472-7165
DugFinn Email: DugFinn@gmail.com (make the email subject title "whobo")

Need more info or help?
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3302

Tournament Schedule

Friday
3 pm - Capcom vs. SNK 2
4 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2v2 ISP
5 pm - Marvel vs Capcom 2
6 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 Pools
8 pm - Street Fighter HD Remix
9 pm - Pokemon Battle Revolution

Saturday
11 am - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2v2
2 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1
4 pm - Naruto EX 3
5 pm - SoulCalibur 4 National Qualifier
6 pm - Fate: Unlimited Codes
7 pm - DBZ Tenkaichi 3
8 pm - Mortal Kombat vs DC
9 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Crews

Sunday
12 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 ISP
2 pm - Street Fighter 3rd Strike

---------------------------------

RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Lylat Cruise

Counter-pick: Luigi Mansion, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Delfino, Castle Siege, Pirate Ship, Jungle japes, NorFair, Yoshi island(pipes), Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Stadium 1.

Banned: Every thing else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

The PAYOUT for 1vs1
1st=55% +$300 bonus
2nd=20% + 200$ bonus
3rd=10% + 100$ bonus
4th=5% + 100$ bonus
5th=5% + 100$ bonus(there are two 5th place spots)

The PAYOUT for 2vs2
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

General rules:

3 Stock
7 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

::Banned Techs::

IC's infinite chain grab. You must release(throw away/smash away) after 5 consecutive grabs(nana grab counts towards the five).

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You must release(throw away) after 5 consecutive grabs(mario,luigi,bowser,dk,samus,ddd).

MetaKnights cape glitch.

Infinite release grabs(marth, wario.....ect). You must release(throw away/smash) after 5 consecutive grabs.

Infinite wall grabs. You must release(throw away/smash/release to re-grab) after 5 consecutive grabs.

Bowser and Ganondorf suicide grabs result in a win for those characters.

Stalling is banned*

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Stalling will be permitted up to 5 seconds, after that you will lose your match. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, don’t gay.

Xyro77

Guys, i cant even describe how big this event is! it an anime convention AND its a brawl tourney! I ask that all samus mains try to make it to this. im going to take pics/vids/have a samus crew battle/samus ffa....ect. If you need housing you will get priority from me. PLEASE GO!!!!! If you buy your tickets now its super cheap!

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Hot hot hot hot... why does west coast seem hotter thank east coast sometimes? We got NinjaLink, Bum, and M2K though.. not to mention Dark Peach

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
isp = item standard play

so many yoshis coming to this

are you guys gonna let the yoshi's beat you?

Sihlus

Smash Rookie
Isn't The Woodlands technically its own city? In either case, seems interesting. Would like to go but its still far to early to tell.

Xyro77

World Hobo is EXACTLY 7 DAYS away. PLEASE GO TO THIS.

This event is a NATIONAL tourney and MANY MANY EC/WC/MD players are going. DO i have any Samus buddies wanting to go? Or are all of you going to sit there and do nothing(like usual)

Ravin

Smash Lord
Did you mention this awhile ago? :/ I would, as i stated, if i wasnt saving up for NDK. Plus i will bring some results from the tounry I am going to on the 19th, good for us to be at two places at once right?

Xyro77

Did you mention this awhile ago? :/ I would, as i stated, if i wasnt saving up for NDK. Plus i will bring some results from the tounry I am going to on the 19th, good for us to be at two places at once right?

yea i guess you are right. please do well.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Ill try my best, So long as I dont run into Bacon or DookDigity... The rest i can normally take, but i have this very unlucky streak that I always end up fighting Bacon halfway into the **** rooster, then fighting DookDigity instantly in the Loser bracket. :/

but from what I am understanding only Tony and Nite$ are coming from Denver to help run it and possibly play it <_< So I /hope/ -Knocks on wood- I do better this time around.

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet

This event is a NATIONAL tourney and MANY MANY EC/WC/MD players are going. DO i have any Samus buddies wanting to go? Or are all of you going to sit there and do nothing(like usual)
I CAN"T WAIT!!! Help me get better please! Let's rep Samus all weekend.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

Canadia! my friend. I'd love to go even to be beaten out first round lol. It'd still be much fun :) Defs not worth the 700$ plain ticket though.

Xyro77

X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

Go on now, GET em, Xyro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_TbHl3a8qk
ROFL!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Goodluck Xyro :)
i will try my hardest

I CAN"T WAIT!!! Help me get better please! Let's rep Samus all weekend.
I will do whatever it takes to get you better. Play me as much as you can and watch the videos in the Ultimate samus database.

Canadia! my friend. I'd love to go even to be beaten out first round lol. It'd still be much fun :) Defs not worth the 700$ plain ticket though.
argh!!!!!!!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Xyro77 lost to Esca. Oh, and Bwett and DSF were doing a $5 money match. Bwett, who mains Yoshi, beat DSF's Meta Knight the first match, but lost the second match on Rainbow Cruise, and the third on Battlefield. DSF switched to Snake.

Xyro77

Xyro77 lost to Esca. Oh, and Bwett and DSF were doing a $5 money match. Bwett, who mains Yoshi, beat DSF's Meta Knight the first match, but lost the second match on Rainbow Cruise, and the third on Battlefield. DSF switched to Snake.

plz do not post updates unless they are CORRECT!

and your updates are wrong.

PS: i filmed m2k*meta) vs xyro(samus)

im uploading them soon

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro forfeited to KOSMOS in brackets because he is too nice. Xyro CHOSE to forfeit.

I beat him in losers bracket, though it really sucked because I play him all the time and I hate knocking out people I know.

Xyro is a good Samus, he knows what he's doing. Forfeited a match and still made it to like (33rd I think) in a very hard tournament full of top players. :)

Xyro77

Xyro forfeited to KOSMOS in brackets because he is too nice. Xyro CHOSE to forfeit.

I beat him in losers bracket, though it really sucked because I play him all the time and I hate knocking out people I know.

Xyro is a good Samus, he knows what he's doing. Forfeited a match and still made it to like (33rd I think) in a very hard tournament full of top players. :)
yea im happy with 33rd out of 140 players( literaly the hardest event ive ever been to)

all results data will be added to this thread. please go check it out

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229419

Crystanium

Smash Hero
plz do not post updates unless they are CORRECT!

and your updates are wrong.

PS: i filmed m2k*meta) vs xyro(samus)

im uploading them soon
They have this thing called a live stream, Xyro. I watched them. I heard someone say that you lost to Esca, unless someone else's name sounds like "zero." I also watched the matches between Bwett and DSF. First match was on Smashville, and Bwett won. The next match, they went to Rainbow Cruise, and on the third match, it was Battlefield, and DSF used Snake. Are you honestly going to tell me that none of this happened? Why would I need to lie? What would I benefit from it?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
LOL!!! Haha I love watching you two bicker :) it's like a hobby of mine. Good times at the tourni though AMI right! Oh and Xyro how'd you do against M2K's meta? if you don't mind me asking, and if you do then I'll ask Dryn to ask Becuz he's a mod and you respect modz!
/Lupe holes!

P.S. /don't flame.

Xyro Versus Dryn.

1 0 - 1

Xyro77

They have this thing called a live stream, Xyro. I watched them. I heard someone say that you lost to Esca, unless someone else's name sounds like "zero." I also watched the matches between Bwett and DSF. First match was on Smashville, and Bwett won. The next match, they went to Rainbow Cruise, and on the third match, it was Battlefield, and DSF used Snake. Are you honestly going to tell me that none of this happened? Why would I need to lie? What would I benefit from it?
i never played esca.......................................got it?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Fine, Xyro. So I'm wrong, though I could've... Ugh. Forget it. You've got me seriously pissed.
Good work xyro!
Dryn it's A okay buddy :) Don't worry. Do you/ or anyone know if they put the live streaming up on youtube afterwords? I want to watch and Maybe we figure this out :)

Xyro I thought you was a girl, not a guy.

I did too lol

Top Bottom