• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Words I Couldn't Say

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Link to original post: [drupal=582]Words I Couldn't Say[/drupal]

TL;DR
This **** is long. Really long. This is more of a self-confession that I spent about five hours working on to just get the thoughts on paper and out of my head. I

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Wow, dude. I've been through a lot of s***, but I ain't been through no s*** like that. You're a good guy, Youko.

Joyblossom

Smash Rookie
Wow!! Reading that made me cry so badly. It made me think about what just happened to me recently. What happened to me wasnt nearly as bad as what happened to you but it still hurt. Im 14 year old high school student and Ive known this guy for about a year and we talked on the phone every day for hours on end. I considered him my best friend and we found out everything there is to know about each other. I had low self confidence before i met him but he helped me to overcome that. Then just a week ago he told me he loved me but unfortunately he had a girlfriend at the time. I told him that i liked him too and we began being lovey dovey but in secrecy. Yesterday, he told me that he was going to break up with his girlfriend for me. I worried about the outcome of that so i mulled over what i should do about it the entire night. I told my friends about it and they told me that it might cause problems between me and his girlfriend and her friends. Today i decided to tell him that i just couldnt go out with him because that would be wrong of me to do that. He got mad at me and told me that I hurt him badly and broke his heart. He said that he wasnt going to ever call me again. Its not that i didnt like him and care for him, but i just didnt want to start problems with other people. Im the type of person that likes to be friends with everyone if possible so i try not to start drama. He still plans to break up with her tomorrow. The fact that he probably never wants to speak to me again really hurts me. Ive gotten so used to being around him all the time that it hurts to think that we can never be like we once were again. Im sorry I typed such a long reply but i just had to get this off of my chest. I feel a little bit better now. I really hope that in the future, you can find someone that is right for you because your a really good guy and you deserve a really good woman.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ joy that sounds like some thing somebody woudl say out of anger that they dont really mean

@youko:
tough breaks, just gotta do what you can to move forward

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Don't bother with him Joy. Generally, guys aren't nice if they drop they're current girlfriends as soon as another pretty face comes along. Hell, even if you did get together, what's the bet that the same thing would happen to you and you'd be left as soon as another person shows him the slightest bit of interest? Meet more guys, you can probably do better.

And Youko, that was so deep.
I know your pain. It's the losing control on your relationship that really gets to you, isn't it? You want to help the situation, but don't know why your girlfriend's suddenly being weird, and is generally refusing to communicate, so you can't. Been there, ain't nice.
Youko is the coolest mod around and so will get the girl of his dreams soon enough.
:011:

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
for some odd reason, i started reading near the end and thought "holy ****, ive been through thing" so i went back and read all of it, but believe me man, you'll pull through eventually. im personally impressed that people can spill what they feel onto a forum for all to see. kudos to you guys, i cant do it.

Boxob

Smash Champion
That was really, really depressing.

I actually cried.

First time in months.

Good to know you're over her. As for your image confidence, send me a picture of you, I can give you some tips on your looks, I'm good with that ****.

Same goes for advice over all. Do it up.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
That was really, really depressing.

I actually cried.

First time in months.

Good to know you're over her. As for your image confidence, send me a picture of you, I can give you some tips on your looks, I'm good with that ****.

Same goes for advice over all. Do it up.

:093:
im sorry dude, but i might have to use this against you in the future

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I understand your exact feelings. This is the almost word for word the same story that happened to me and my ex.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
I understand your exact feelings. This is the almost word for word the same story that happened to me and my ex.
same here, same here. But wow man you mimicked my feelings perfectly, that really spoke to me. All those thoughts circling in my head and can't get them out. but u did. i couldn't do that, go that deep and put all those paragraphs into it. U have a gift if u can do that. And to think this ahppened on a SSBB forum...... wow you are brave. Im actually gonna write a song or poem about all this myself. need some way to get it off my chest. just some way.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
thats was a very sad thing to read. i read it with my girlfriend just now, and then i began to tell her a bunch of things like how she means everything to me, if she just left me i would break down, etc... and i made her cry =D

i cant imagine how it would feel for this to happen to me and i dont want to. just thinking about it makes my heart ache. i feel really bad for the person that wrote this. i hope the best for that person and he should know that with feelings like that, any decent girl would fall in love with you. dont be afraid to open up to a girl that shows interest in you. maybe she will show you that what you had wasnt love at all, and she'll show you what love is all about.

edit: oh i thought the thread creator had just found it and didnt write it. my bad man.

Darkurai

Smash Master
that was so freaking long dude i am not going to read that.
You know what? **** you.

I can relate to a lot of what happened to Youko, so I know that everything that he went through feels terrible. Youko's right. Everything you hear about love is true, how much it affects you. And Youko's gone through things that no one should ever have to go through.

And then you come in here and say things like that. Even just skimming over what he wrote out should be enough to understand that this is something very serious. You're a terrible person.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
I'm really sorry about all of this, man. Honestly, I am. This really made me think. And I was pretty teary-eyed.

NOW

Smash Cadet
You know what? **** you.

I can relate to a lot of what happened to Youko, so I know that everything that he went through feels terrible. Youko's right. Everything you hear about love is true, how much it affects you. And Youko's gone through things that no one should ever have to go through.

And then you come in here and say things like that. Even just skimming over what he wrote out should be enough to understand that this is something very serious. You're a terrible person.
dude you know that its freaking long... and if im going to read something long its not going to be about someones gay problems that i dont even know

Darkurai

Smash Master
dude you know that its freaking long... and if im going to read something long its not going to be about someones gay problems that i dont even know
You know what? I may have been wrong when I said that no one should ever have to go through something like this. Maybe youshould. Then you'd be able to understand how terrible it feels, and then you wouldn't feel the need to post about how his problems were too long so you didn't feel like reading it.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Wow that took a lot of heart to say all that. I know it doesn't mean much but I hope you find a wonderful woman that you can depend on for life.

nickcrapy7

Smash Rookie
you might consider ¿is this guy´s first post going to be about something not brawl related?, well.... yes i like to read a lot and i dont like posting that much, i love knowing a lot but not being good at brawl (yes EL is my idol... lol), i only post whenever i really feel like i have to and let me tell you sitting here at this hour with a class tomorrow morning feel´s somehow fine, i really felt what you wrote and even if it was long time ago i have to tell you it´s not only brave but helping we all feel the same one day (some of us everyday), and having such a fun and cool guy just telling you "hey im cool i´m like godly here but you know what i feel too and i feel deeply for people" its just a great way to deal with your own issues, on the selfish part i have to state that i too suffered from something like that long time ago, she now is happy as hell with the man she always wanted and although i feel great because at least one of us ended up happy she is now a drugadict thanks to him and that just haunts me, i do feel sorry but well she is happy not much to do there.

anyways sorry for the long post and thanks to you all in this grat community (espetially EL,steel2nd, pierc7d, choknater, ankoku and off course the maker of this thread, people that i dont know but i certanly find entertaining and great in this screen that makes me smile just before i wonder where is her.)

nick

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know what to say. I wish you wouldn't have to go through all this. I hope you find some other girl that you'll love just as much but won't get hurt as much.

I know it's hard to do this, but try to look on the bright side of things. Be confident and find other girls. Best of luck.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
A clueless guy's opinion:
I don't know what to tell you. If it was her nice atitude, then you've been fooled; there are nicer people, especially since many people aren't false-friendly to extremes like that. And, while I know this is much easier said than done, just continue. Take this as a learning experience, and know that this isn't a great world: far from it. If she ever comes back to you, just be flat-out honest; do you have time? Do you think you're ready for the world at its worst? Because lies (ESPECIALLY in relationships) just keep you locked in a cage, until the truth spurts out, accident or confession. But, going back to the first sentence, think deeply about what you saw in her, or rather, what you thought you saw in her. Then, think about how this changed after the relationship was over: were you just blindly following your first romance? Did everything bad about her just mute during that time?

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
My posts don't matter much around here, but I'll comment anyway.

I read this a while back when it was first posted, and I was just... well, I can't describe it. I guess that it surprised me to see that there was at least one person on Smashboards that didn't have his life together. And ever since I've joined I've thought the contrary: that SWF members were so confident that they could afford to be insincere and insensitive. I know that's the nature of the game, but... it had really tuned me off to Smash.

Anyway, I really hope things turn around for you (or have turned around for you, since it's been some time since you posted that).

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
Life can be very sucky at times... the deadbeat jobs, relationship problems... you lose all your friends.. you lose your loved ones... people die... people fight... you get caught in the middle...sometimes you even lose the drive to play smash... its happened to me... you get so upset you lose interest in the world around you... you just go to work, come home, sleep, and repeat... you sleep next to the one you love and wish that you could do better for her... so what if you're only 20.... you should be more responsible... right? I dont know anymore... I know that you should never give up... even when your life is crap... Even when your girlfriends parents hate you.. even though you completely love her to death... if everyone could just understand you... how you think... that you dont hurt girls... that you work really really hard... depression is your enemy, its what you fight everyday... I will just say that you aren't alone... I'm glad I have my Girlfriend. Even though I am moving into a new apartment.. there is still drama... It sucks when you dont know if you can trust anyone... I lost my ENTIRE game collection in a flood. the city is going to "try" to reimburse me for it... After that.. what was left of my things was locked in my apartment and me and my girlfriend were illegally evicted. I am still trying to get whats left of my things back from him... including my light ice blue ds and $1000 worth of ds games.... It can be overwhelming at times.. so much to do/pay... I wonder how I can even handle playing competitive brawl anymore... then again... no tournaments for brawl around here kinda seal that deal... so many bills.. so many things to do... I will post this as a new thread and see what happens... to those who are happy... charish it and take my example.... I am happy with my girlfriend and family.. they keep me ALIVE.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hey Youko, I know how life can suck, if you can pull through then that's great. I'm proud of you. Good luck with your anxiety problems.

You know what they say, life's a *****.

My best friend moved away from me last year. He'd been my best friend since a few days after we'd met, he would walk home with me every day, and he was really cool. We had all the same interests, he was a really fun guy. Then he told me he was moving. I got so sad. And he didn't just move close, he moved from Evanston, IL to Mississippi. I hated it. We've barely talked. I'm going to text him right now. I know how stuff like this feels man.

I just re-read that and it sounds really cheesy, but when I'm sad I type in short concise sentences like that.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i know how you feel man. life can be a ***** sometimes. listen to the song "move along" by all american rejects. it works. and think about the times that life favored you. instead of the *****y times.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Listen to the song "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor if you want to listen to good songs that will get your mind past things, I swear that song picks up my self-esteem every time I hear it, and my self-esteem is high to start with.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Your a strong man Youko. A lot of **** have happened to people and your not alone. There is someone out their who has felt your pain.Truthfully I think everyone reading this has gone or is going through a depressing time in their life. I know I am and no matter what I do it just doesn't seem to get any better. Yet this has opened my eyes. Your inspiration man,just want you to know.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Just... idk. Good luck man. Theres other stuff to draw your attention in life at least. Distract yourself at least for a little while and things might get easier. Life can get better now that the "worst" parts over, right?
You really sound like a good guy. I honestly mean that. You'll find that right girl someday. Just one that deserves you and cares about you as much as you do about her.

So...yeah. Hang in there. ^_^

(I deleted my insanely long reply to this btw >__>)

Top Bottom