• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolverine the X-Men Origin Movie

Spire

III
BRoomer
Gambit is definitely a plus for me, but the action seems way too over-the-top. I'll probably end up seeing it regardless, but I am skeptical about the movie.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this looks pretty cool, haha. i thought sabretooth was already in a movie? who's the fellow at the end?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Movie looks interesting. Nice seeing Gambit there. I was wondering when he'd make an appearance.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I would not be nearly as excited for this movie as I currently am if it weren't for Gambit. I've been waiting for him since the first X-Men movie. Other than him, the movie isn't thrilling me much. Wolverine's overrated. I get why so many people like him, but I wish that didn't cause him to get shoved down my throat. He's a neat mutant is his own right, but I've just had enough of him.

And some of the action does seem way over-the-top. I mean, Wolverine vs. Helicopter? C'mon now.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This looks absolutely dreadful. More of X-Men: The Last Stand is the last thing we need.

Also, did we even need a separate movie for Wolverine? It's not like the X-Men movies weren't about him or anything...

Levitas

the moon
I didn't recognize a couple of the mutants. iirc there was one w/ a lance (psychic) or something, and the one with what appeared to be some white armor or something. Can someone help me out?

Gambit is amazing.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I didn't recognize a couple of the mutants. iirc there was one w/ a lance (psychic) or something, and the one with what appeared to be some white armor or something. Can someone help me out?
The one with the "white armor" is Blob, and he's wearing a white shirt. -_- I think I see who you're talking about in the trailer but I can't really see who it is. Here's a list of confirmed characters at wikipedia http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213270.

Gambit is amazing.
Agreed. That being said, he looks stupid here.

Levitas

the moon
Ok, upon review, it was gambit with a staff. I feel slightly ********.

I see who the blob is, but towards the end, there's a chick that forms some sort of white crystalline armor, that's the one I was really confused about. Also, you got your link wrong, lol.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah this looks absurd. Where's the humanity, the hurt, the mystery, the atmosphere, the good that drove his character in his first two films? All I'm seeing are explosions and cheesy action. X-Men and X2 are, I think, going to stand the test of time as the true Wolverine films.

And what a holy hell of a waste of Liev Schrieber's talents. I can't believe he went from almost-Harvey-Dent to this as far as wetting his comic book whistle. That's quite the plunge.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't watch the trailer right now because I'm downloading something but I'm not too fussy about the movie beginning focused on Wolverine. Where's the Magneto movie?

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Also, did we even need a separate movie for Wolverine? It's not like the X-Men movies weren't about him or anything...
Yes. Wolverine's back story is an epic saga in itself, as Wolverine is hinted at being over 100 years old. Also, Gambit, Deadpool, and the cast in general wins. And...who cares if the action's over the top? It's an action movie for God's sake!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I can't watch the trailer right now because I'm downloading something but I'm not too fussy about the movie beginning focused on Wolverine. Where's the Magneto movie?
David S. Goyer said he was holding off on Magneto to see how well Wolverine does. But obviously Wolverine's going to rake in cash, so after that, it'll be a green light on Magneto. That one might be interesting.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
David S. Goyer said he was holding off on Magneto to see how well Wolverine does. But obviously Wolverine's going to rake in cash, so after that, it'll be a green light on Magneto. That one might be interesting.
That kinda sucks since they might not start working on the Magneto as soon as they could but you're right. I just watched the trailer and X-Men Origins looks pretty good, I just hope there's enough story to go with the action.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
when i first saw the trailer for this in theaters I thought gambit was played by Johnny Depp...
regardless this still looks pretty epic

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yes. Wolverine's back story is an epic saga in itself, as Wolverine is hinted at being over 100 years old. Also, Gambit, Deadpool, and the cast in general wins. And...who cares if the action's over the top? It's an action movie for God's sake!
So were X-Men, X2, and pretty much every good comic book movie. But they weren't pure and utter cheese.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Watched the original X-Men movie last night after not having seen it in like 5 years. It's definitely great. And the first 6 minutes or so of X2 might be the best thing that's ever been put on film, ever. The rest of that movie was fantastic too.

X3 sucked. I actually thought Kelsey Grammar made a good Beast, and I honestly thought the Juggernaut turned out really funny. Even his "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!" line made me laugh in the theater. The movie as a whole was still nowhere near the quality of the first two. Unfortunately, Bryan Singer didn't use the same quality of the first two films for the Superman movie that he left X3 to direct. So in the end, we all lost.

I'm skeptical about Wolverine. Of course the trailer makes it looks like your typical action movie, because that's what a trailer is supposed to do. It could actually turn out being good. Then again, it's Fox, so it's much more likely that it'll suck.

I wish they'd give the X-Men and Spider Man back to Marvel, and let Marvel make the movies. I know they've only done two movies under their own flag, but Marvel hasn't missed yet. Say what you want about the Hulk, but I thought it was great. Not as in "It was better than the other Hulk movie, so I guess it was okay?" I mean I genuinely thought it was great.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
To be honest, the movie doesn't excite me that much. Liked the first X Men but lost interest after.

And is it just me or is Wolverine smoking a cigar as he goes to war.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Looks interesting, Gambit looks really cool. I hope it doesn't mess up my view of Wolverine. Overall looks like it'll be very interesting though.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I would not be nearly as excited for this movie as I currently am if it weren't for Gambit. I've been waiting for him since the first X-Men movie. Other than him, the movie isn't thrilling me much. Wolverine's overrated. I get why so many people like him, but I wish that didn't cause him to get shoved down my throat. He's a neat mutant is his own right, but I've just had enough of him.

And some of the action does seem way over-the-top. I mean, Wolverine vs. Helicopter? C'mon now.
This.

I really like the X-men which is why I get a little sad everytime I see Wolverine. I don't dislike wolverine but he's just one guy. Even the new animated series is going to be called Wolverine and the X-men. As if the all of the other interesting characters are a afterthought. :( I might see this movie but I'm still undecided and leaning towards uninterested.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I've heard about this movie and this is my first time viewing the trailer. I was a little mad at first that they were going to make a movie based off of just Wolverine. The trailer looks amazing though. I Im glad they have other characters involed like Blob, Gambit, and... Storm?

Also, at 1:56 I want to say thats Emma Frost but Im not sure.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Any chance that wolverine will appear in costume?
After all this time it's probably not gonna happen. But we can dream!

Also, I just gotta say Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is spot-on casting in my opinion. But I swear, if by the end of the movie he still isn't a deformed freak, I will attack the concession stand. 3.95 for a large popcorn, psht, there better be little sprinkles of fine china on it for that price.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see Gambit, but I'm wondering about a couple things.

1) He looks like he's going to be an enemy of Wolverine, so he might be killed (and not show up in another X:Men movie)

2) It's pretty unclear how long ago the movie will be from the movies, and, thus, it's hard to tell how old he's supposed to be. If he survives, he might end up being the oldest member of the X-Men besides Wolverine.

For everyone worried that it's looking a lot like X-Men 3, I'm not really sure that's as much bad thing as people think. X3 wasn't as good as the first two, but Not As Good =/= Horrible; it was a pretty good movie all things considered.

As long as they draw what they need from the third movie as well as the first two and work towards making the movie itself good without letting comparisons to the rest drag them down, while simultaneously working with the style of all three of the movies, then we have nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom