• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Actually Star Wolf, is pritty original and a better possibility then Falco, in SF64 he had a british accent and then it changed in SFA...Either way he is a good idea, his new uniform is cool also... Not that original Bah, have you played SFA or SF64?

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Meh, as long as fox looks like wolf I'll just pretend that he is then be happy... (okay not really but it's better then nothing)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Hey, look at it this way: at least you can still play as "wolf" just like you could play as "Daisy" in melee.

Krystal's still got a good chance though so starfox ain't down and out yet.... oh yeah, and falco

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well so far i heard only his fur changes of color so... i'm not sure if that lowers Wolf's chances or deconfirms him.

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
I like you guys' determination. I am also a recnt fan of Wolf, tthought he would be a cool addition. Fox with grey fur is a little disconcerting for fans, but true, there is still hope. I would really like to see a video of someone going through alternate outfits with all the characters, that would be great.

Wish I had the opportunity to play the demo. Might get lucky in late november. They are holding an entertainment expo where I live around then, Nintendo will be there, so maybe we will get a slice of the pie cake then. Mmmn, pie cake....

Ah, but yes, I would really hope that he could still be in it. Though an alternativfe outfit isn't too bad. I mean, he would be equally equipped as Fox, being enemies. So without Wolf, you have a laser wielder, a staff wielder and a rocket wielder. Well, so longs as there is something like Wolf in it. Can still have Wolf vs. Fox battles. I hope they have different voice actors for the two!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mario has Luigi's and Wario's getup. But Wario is still in and people suspect Luigi will be.

So Wolf can still be in.

raul

Smash Lord
Mario has Luigi's and Wario's getup. But Wario is still in and people suspect Luigi will be.

So Wolf can still be in.
Exactly! That's 100% correct and I wrote a whole post about how a character can officially be deconfirmed in the Brawl Graveyard thread and how costume changes don't apply, for those that are interested.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Wolf is as deconfirmed as Luigi is.
more like: wolf is as deconfirmed as daisy is.

Mario's green alt out is just green because a green team outfit is required... it also has brown suspenders right? so yeah... nothing about luigi there.

But peach's daisy and fox's wolf are more extreme pallete swaps and are for colours that are not necessary

raul

Smash Lord
What kind of forum is this? Now color is an excuse for a character to be confirmed? MLK is bursting out of his grave with anger. Hey, I changed the color of Kirby to yellow, oh Pac-Man is deconfirmed...please.

raul

Smash Lord
The thing is that Wolf is just that close that color can deconfirm him. (Y'know, like Daisy or Blood Falcon) Outside of the colors and eye patch, they can become virtually identical. =/
I see and respect your point, but I'm the kind of guy that needs harder evidence than color. If Wolf was an assist trophy, collectible trophy, part of a stage or level, a boss, etc. then ok he's deconfirmed, but color doesn't seem like hard evidence. There is already a lack of rivals, bad guys and antagonists as it is so I don't see why Wolf would be left out when Andross is an assist trophy. Unless he is a boss for Fox then I understand.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wolf will never be a boss. Let me make that perfectly clear. At least not a boss and still not playable. The thing is he's not cut out for it. He doesn't provide what you need in order to have a boss. Andross in a update look would though...

But still, if Wolf was Fox's alt color, and Falco and Krystal were their own characters, wouldn't everybody get who they wanted as playable? Does the name and fact that it is Wolf really mean that much?

raul

Smash Lord
Well gues what? you suck.
HAHAHA, I liked it. It's straight to the point.

Wolf does not suck and would not suck in brawl. Like Mario vs. Bowser it would be Fox vs. Wolf, rival vs. rival. I think that is the missing element in SSB. You can pick your favorite hero, but you cannot always fight agaist your worst enemy.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
its too bad he was turned into a alt. I actualy wanted him over the annoying blue bird. I only wanted him, fox, and krystal to represent star fox. but I guess we may see the blue bird as a assault or adventures version now.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
HAHAHA, I liked it. It's straight to the point.

Wolf does not suck and would not suck in brawl. Like Mario vs. Bowser it would be Fox vs. Wolf, rival vs. rival. I think that is the missing element in SSB. You can pick your favorite hero, but you cannot always fight agaist your worst enemy.
Then I guess they should add the rival trainer from Pokemon too.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Does Peach even have the Daisy recolor in Brawl?
yes.

The thing is that Wolf is just that close that color can deconfirm him. (Y'know, like Daisy or Blood Falcon) Outside of the colors and eye patch, they can become virtually identical. =/
my point exactly

Wolf will never be a boss. Let me make that perfectly clear. At least not a boss and still not playable. The thing is he's not cut out for it. He doesn't provide what you need in order to have a boss. Andross in a update look would though...
Agreed... Bosses seem to be like traditional bosses from most games: huge and strong... like master hand, petey pirhanna, andross or gannon (not G.dorf... just gannon)

I knew Wolf wouldn't be playable. He sucks.
there's a big difference between being a poor choice for a character and actually sucking... wolf does not suck, he just didn't have much of a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom