• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
Why does everyone here say Wolf is more popular than Falco and Krystal? I'd like to see proof of that.

The only bad Star Fox game of recent years has been Command.
I'd like to see some proof that says Krystal is more popular than Wolf. And don't say that she has a bigger fanbase on SWF--that means nothing.

And no, most of the recent SF games have been a little less than decent, if not outright bad. Adventures and Command sucked major balls, and Assault was only half-good.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why was Adventures bad? Because you weren't in an Arwing the entire game? Krystal is more important to Star Fox than Wolf, Wolf is not even the main villain, Krystal has more mentions on Sakurai's poll than Wolf, Wolf is not even the main villain of Star Fox, he won't get in before Falco and Krystal.

T-major

Smash Champion
just want to say that I support Wolf 100%.

I absolutely hate the Idea of Krystal being in brawl, because she was added to the series for no other reason then so the Main character (Fox) could have a love interest. the sooner Falco and Wolf are confirmed, the sooner Krystal supporters can shut the hell up (
also, for future reference, I'm not open to opinion changing. so don't even try to get me to except Krystal...
)

also, I would like to request that you update the first post. for one, remove that part about Andross, because all his supporters are gone or converted (I should know, I was one of them). two, you should add some pictures and more moveset ideas and what not...

...... and I liked adventures... D:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd like to see some proof that says Krystal is more popular than Wolf. And don't say that she has a bigger fanbase on SWF--that means nothing.

And no, most of the recent SF games have been a little less than decent, if not outright bad. Adventures and Command sucked major balls, and Assault was only half-good.
see, that's where you are dead wrong. Adventures was an amazing game and was enormously popular (it even got player's choice) pretty much only Starfox purists hate the game... and that's their own fault.

shame on you, criticizing vespersview for having subjective arguments and then saying this.

and to T-Major... you are dead wrong there.

Krystal was not added to be a love interest. SF Adv. was originally called "Dinosaur Planet" and Krystal was the star... The reason she's in the game is because it was originally her game and Fox stole it from her.

RDK

Smash Hero
Why was Adventures bad? Because you weren't in an Arwing the entire game? Krystal is more important to Star Fox than Wolf, Wolf is not even the main villain, Krystal has more mentions on Sakurai's poll than Wolf, Wolf is not even the main villain of Star Fox, he won't get in before Falco and Krystal.
Again--just because a majority of people want something doesn't mean it's good, or that it's the best thing. Look at our president; he's a good example.

And I was going to post something like what T-Major said, but he beat me to the punch. Krystal is an extremely tacked-on character--even moreso than Wolf.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Again--just because a majority of people want something doesn't mean it's good, or that it's the best thing. Look at our president; he's a good example.

And I was going to post something like what T-Major said, but he beat me to the punch. Krystal is an extremely tacked-on character--even moreso than Wolf.
That's pure bias and opinion, Adventures was a good game and Krystal is a good character, as Sonic said, only purist Star Fox fans hate adventures.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
You can say that about Meta Knight too.

Meta Knight is not the main villain, and he only appeared in 6 games out of 20.

RDK

Smash Hero
That's pure bias and opinion, Adventures was a good game and Krystal is a good character, as Sonic said, only purist Star Fox fans hate adventures.
You guys are making yourselves look like complete fools. All you're doing is countering my supposedly "biased" and "subjective" points with even more biased and subjective points.

You can say that about Meta Knight too.

Meta Knight is not the main villain, and he only appeared in 6 games out of 20.
Thank you. I don't know why people think that Wolf has to be in more games or play an even more prominent role to beat out Krystal. He already does.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
actually... you're wrong... the majority of americans dislike him.... that's waht aproval ratings are for.

with something as subjective as opinion... the only way you CAN tell is the majority opinion

vesperview

Smash Hero
You guys are making yourselves look like complete fools. All you're doing is countering my supposedly "biased" and "subjective" points with even more biased and subjective points.
Oh the irony right? You're the one saying Krystal shouldn't be in Brawl because she is a bad tacked-on character and that Assault sucks, how is that not bias? Krystal is the one with three mentions of Sakurai's poll, where is Wolf in all this?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Thank you. I don't know why people think that Wolf has to be in more games or play an even more prominent role to beat out Krystal. He already does.
according to the majority.... it's Krystal that wins... so I don't have any idea where you are coming from with this statement

RDK

Smash Hero
Oh the irony right? You're the one saying Krystal shouldn't be in Brawl because she is a bad tacked-on character and that Assault sucks, how is that not bias? Krystal is the one with three mentions of Sakurai's poll, where is Wolf in all this?
Like I said in the above post: just because people want a character in does not prove that character's worthiness over anyone else. Take Geno for example.

according to the majority.... it's Krystal that wins... so I don't have any idea where you are coming from with this statement
Do you guys actually read peoples' posts, or just point to Sakurai's poll every time someone opens their freaking mouth? The poll is not the end-all be-all deciding factor for who gets in.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Like I said in the above post: just because people want a character in does not prove that character's worthiness over anyone else. Take Geno for example.

Do you guys actually read peoples' posts, or just point to Sakurai's poll every time someone opens their freaking mouth? The poll is not the end-all be-all deciding factor for who gets in.
okay.. so.... where are you getting your information on what makes a character better?

RDK

Smash Hero
okay.. so.... where are you getting your information on what makes a character better?
I never had any information. But Wolf is classic. Krystal isn't.

IMO, Wolf > Krystal when it comes to Brawl.

And BTW, the whole "more original moveset" fails. People only use it because they don't have enough imagination to give Wolf a moveset that doesn't look like Fox's.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I never had any information. But Wolf is classic. Krystal isn't.

IMO, Wolf > Krystal when it comes to Brawl.

And BTW, the whole "more original moveset" fails. People only use it because they don't have enough imagination to give Wolf a moveset that doesn't look like Fox's.
the point isn't that wolf couldn't have one... just that Krystal's moveset practically writes itself... it doesn;t make sense to pass up on that to try to make a movest for wolf when he's practically a clone of Fox.

In my opinions, and the opinions of most other people, Krystal > Wolf.

And N64 as opposed to gamecube hardly makes wolf classic... he's only a few years older... tops

RDK

Smash Hero
the point isn't that wolf couldn't have one... just that Krystal's moveset practically writes itself... it doesn;t make sense to pass up on that to try to make a movest for wolf when he's practically a clone of Fox.

And N64 as opposed to gamecube hardly makes wolf classic... he's only a few years older... tops
I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. Just because someone's moveset is more obvious doesn't mean she'd be a better character. It's just that Wolf's moveset doesn't hit you in the face like brick like Krystal's does.

And so what if he's only a few years older? SF64 is arguably the best SF game. The recent ones have been lackluster.

Yeah, about all that poll stuff, I've been wanting to say this but keep forgetting.

Sakurai's Poll, and polls in general, don't really do fans justice. They don't accurately represent what the gaming majority wants, simply because not everybody votes. Hell, I didn't vote on Sakurai's poll, or any of the polls for that matter. Does that mean my opinion shouldn't be heard? Or that other people's opinions are better than mine? No.

So saying that the majority of EVERYBODY likes Krystal more than Wolf is hardly a true statement.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. Just because someone's moveset is more obvious doesn't mean she'd be a better character. It's just that Wolf's moveset doesn't hit you in the face like brick like Krystal's does.

And so what if he's only a few years older? SF64 is arguably the best SF game. The recent ones have been lackluster.

Yeah, about all that poll stuff, I've been wanting to say this but keep forgetting.

Sakurai's Poll, and polls in general, don't really do fans justice. They don't accurately represent what the gaming majority wants, simply because not everybody votes. Hell, I didn't vote on Sakurai's poll, or any of the polls for that matter. Does that mean my opinion shouldn't be heard? Or that other people's opinions are better than mine? No.

So saying that the majority of EVERYBODY likes Krystal more than Wolf is hardly a true statement.
you know... you are really condecsending... not very pleasant at all. Even if SF64 is the best (personally I think Adventures was just as good, just different) that doesn't make it classic... and wolf's role in that game wasn't really that big.... he was a miniboss.
And it's not just sakurais poll.... it's nearly every poll that's not voted on by a wolf-heavy crowd. Krystal is just more popular... really... wolf doesn't have all that much going for him... I can't see how you don't see this

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok JUST because hes popular we have to ignore the facts that:

wolf:
is the most reocurring villain
is fox's rival
has been wanted in smash since 64
has been longer in the SF series than krystal...

JUST because krystal is a tad more popular... fail?

RDK

Smash Hero
you know... you are really condecsending... not very pleasant at all. Even if SF64 is the best (personally I think Adventures was just as good, just different) that doesn't make it classic... and wolf's role in that game wasn't really that big.... he was a miniboss.
And it's not just sakurais poll.... it's nearly every poll that's not voted on by a wolf-heavy crowd. Krystal is just more popular... really... wolf doesn't have all that much going for him... I can't see how you don't see this
I can't see how you don't see that Krystal is nothing more than a shallow character love interest for Fox.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ok JUST because hes popular we have to ignore the facts that:

wolf:
is the most reocurring villain
is fox's rival
has been wanted in smash since 64
has been longer in the SF series than krystal...

JUST because krystal is a tad more popular... fail?
I'm not going to dignify that with a response

Stryks

Smash Hero
Good, fact is both have a shot, krystal has more popularity, but Wolf is a SF veteran than has earned a shot in brawl...

Both can be in, but I root more fro wolf, why? because im more old school, didnt like adventures, so I dont like krystal that much... I wouldnt mind seeing her,but I believe that after all these years, wolf has missed 2 smashes, and was a cameo in melee intro, so we at least know wolf would be considered at one point or another...

bored

Smash Ace
Ok, I've had it with all you Krystal furries, go back to your own **** thread.
Wolf>Krystal.

There you go RDK.

T-major

Smash Champion
and to T-Major... you are dead wrong there.

Krystal was not added to be a love interest. SF Adv. was originally called "Dinosaur Planet" and Krystal was the star... The reason she's in the game is because it was originally her game and Fox stole it from her.
exactly! she wasn't even supposed to be a Star Fox game to begin with!

Krystal was supposed to be a Cat, thats was 3 years younger than the current Krystal, and was the star. but then they made it so you play as Krystal for ten minutes at the beginning of the game, then she gets trapped in a crystal (i c wut they did thar!). after that, you don't see her for half the game, (and all she does then is give Fox a hard on), then you save her at the end of the game. she was basically just a damsel in distress in Adventures, dispite what she was originally going to be; even after you save her she doesn't help you. during the fight with Andross, Falco shows up and helps you. Falco! he's not even in the game until the last boss, and he STILL did more than Krystal!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
exactly! she wasn't even supposed to be a Star Fox game to begin with!

Krystal was supposed to be a Cat, thats was 3 years younger than the current Krystal, and was the star. but then they made it so you play as Krystal for ten minutes at the beginning of the game, then she gets trapped in a crystal (i c wut they did thar!). after that, you don't see her for half the game, (and all she does then is give Fox a hard on), then you save her at the end of the game. she was basically just a damsel in distress in Adventures, dispite what she was originally going to be; even after you save her she doesn't help you. during the fight with Andross, Falco shows up and helps you. Falco! he's not even in the game until the last boss, and he STILL did more than Krystal!
Krystal's the reason you can use that staff... the only reason you even make it that far.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ok, I've had it with all you Krystal furries, go back to your own **** thread.
Wolf>Krystal.

There you go RDK.
you only hurt your cause..... and, BTWm the Krystal fans here aren't furries... at least we aren't the ones posting pictures of Wolf in a thong

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow. . .It's like Wolf fans are after everythin other than Fox! "Wolf is more of a vet. . . even tho he was only in one game before Krystal and they where in the same amount of games!" "krystal is just a love interest!!!".

I gone, this is getting . . . Half way as annoying as Geno fans when they try to "prove" he is 1st party.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow. . .It's like Wolf fans are after everythin other than Fox! "Wolf is more of a vet. . . even tho he was only in one game before Krystal and they where in the same amount of games!" "krystal is just a love interest!!!".

I gone, this is getting . . . Half way as annoying as Geno fans when they try to "prove" he is 1st party.
Um, I can't even understand what you're trying to convey in that post, so I'm going to ignore it.

And comparing anything to Geno fans' arguments is downright evil.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Um, I can't even understand what you're trying to convey in that post, so I'm going to ignore it.

And comparing anything to Geno fans' arguments is downright evil.
. . .Im saying that it's gone from Wolf vs Falco Lombardi in importance to Wolf REPLACING Falco Lombardi to now Wolf vs Krystal in importance(who has a friggin VA and is about the most shoe-innest character left. I can say that she is, by all means, going to be in brawl as a character ).

And yes, I may have gone too fare with that Geno comment (they are SOO effing annoying!!)

Patinator

Smash Champion
This has nothing to do with the Wolf vs. Krystal debate, but um... HOW the heck was Command bad? That game was awesome... In my humble opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom