• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I've been good =) Went off to college and such. Sadly I don't own a wii anymore, so my Wolf skills have gone to zilch. I would be a gamer, but anything but Brawl bores me =P Instead I just go to school, work, hang out with my Church, cook, and after all that I don't have much time for anything haha. I think I found a little niche in the healthcare field, I work as an EMT in Los Angeles County, and it's a blast, so I wanna go and be a doctor

I miss Brawl, to be sure. It's such a challenge trying to predict people and adjust yourself to each opponent, and you have to do it all on the fly (Like I do pretty much everything nowadays xD). And doing it with Wolf was the most fun =3 In my opinion he has the most varying tool set, but I don't know anything anymore hahaha. I'm seriously glad though that Wolf got higher, because I never felt as limited as people made it out to be.

Anyway, hope you guys are doing all right over here in the Wofl boards =D

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lumi, what are the odds you'd want to secretly host me for a few days before RAIN.

Megabus says it costs 50 cents to come to it.....

Congratz guys on getting Wolf to a higher tier, I remember the days when he would always be in bottom/D tier hahaha. Always knew Wolf was legit, we just needed good people =)
Thanks man, but really my region is just super free.

Oh you weren't talking to me :(

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Me and Kain pushed him up in the past 2 years Arc (I'm ranked 1st in my region and so is Kain for the time being). We've had other successful :wolf:'s along the way like Holmes (Quit sadly), McPeepants (****** in GA at #3 on his PR I think), and Lycan (Vegas smash) as well, but McPP and Lycan's success is more recent then anything.

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Congratz guys on getting Wolf to a higher tier, I remember the days when he would always be in bottom/D tier hahaha. Always knew Wolf was legit, we just needed good people =)
You live! <3

Congrats on knowing what you want to do and actually working in a related field haha, surprisingly few people have that much figured out in the first half of college. Are you still in NorCal?

Also, we specifically have BL tier so Wolf can continue to body mid-tier tournaments :3 best of both worlds lol

:059:

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I need a wifi strategy for wolf, whats the best to do, gimmicks that work, things to look out at wifi? I play at a moderate lag so.... yeah =/

Also hi ArcPint, even though we dont talk much :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey guys I need a wifi strategy for wolf, whats the best to do, gimmicks that work, things to look out at wifi? I play at a moderate lag so.... yeah =/

Also hi ArcPint, even though we dont talk much :)
Smashes are generally safer and more spammable. Dash grab and Shield dash>grab catches a lot of people. Careful offstage, my offstage game suffers in bad lag but airdodges are often late so you can land Bair/Fair with aggressive pressure. Laser planking and scarring are more effective.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm planning on switching to Melee. Got to play Smash for the first time in months and did an Iron Man set against someone and it was fun. Then played doubles and stuff.

I just seem to have more fun in melee for some reason. Marth too fun.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It works on a bunch, but if people aren't stupid and delay their recoveries you'll have to switch off of autopilot to secure the gimp. The only characters I haven't ever seen get shine gimped are... MK/Snake/Pika/D3/G&W/Pit/Kirby/Sonic/Yoshi/Jigglypuff. Although shine gimping varies in difficulty with the character, of course.

I've shine gimped Marth before through some miracle, and I remember a vid of... either Tekkie or JJ, where they shine gimped a ROB with like seven shines or something lol. What nonsense.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm planning on switching to Melee. Got to play Smash for the first time in months and did an Iron Man set against someone and it was fun. Then played doubles and stuff.

I wish I could have an option of which game to play lol.

But I did find a few people to play with, we had a big 5 man local, would have been more but school/gf/job johns because darkrain killed the OOS hype.

I did not play Wolf and one of the 2 setups didn't have him unlocked, with Ganon being unlocked mid-tournament.

I lost as Bowser game 1 to 2 tipperd f-smashes at like 60 vs someone so I went metaknight and it was fun, glad he's legal.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
It works on a bunch, but if people aren't stupid and delay their recoveries you'll have to switch off of autopilot to secure the gimp. The only characters I haven't ever seen get shine gimped are... MK/Snake/Pika/D3/G&W/Pit/Kirby/Sonic/Yoshi/Jigglypuff. Although shine gimping varies in difficulty with the character, of course.

I've shine gimped Marth before through some miracle, and I remember a vid of... either Tekkie or JJ, where they shine gimped a ROB with like seven shines or something lol. What nonsense.

Well Maybe one shine followed by a Dair can work, on guys with multijumps, Ive spiked ROB several times with that if I remember, people tend to get flustered with the first shine and spam Jump to get out of it

Also, on wifi I mean, what do I do vs those guys who can spam mecanically a lot of moves in a short time? Spaming my smashes doesnt help, and for some reason everything I do comes out slower so I end bodied, maybe Im just a bad player online XD

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Play G&W (troll face)

Shield dash to grab gets a lot of people. Don't assume you can get by attacks with timing, instead get out of the way and blaster. Jab's a nice situation reset. Play aggressively off the opponent's bad place/frustration and play hit and run when you're not.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Don't buy into that nonsense Ish it's all a lieeeee

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Came from a 25th people tourney yesterday, the top 5 on the region assisted :)

I got 4th place, knocked Ryan into losers then lost to Yei´s MK twice at semifinals :/, and after that Ryan beat me 2-0, and Im still shocked, he DI`ed to 230% in one match with marth, And I didnt jab him to death, I varied Bair Fair Dsmash and he still didnt die -__-, He even DI`ed at 190% a fresh Uair while airborne and survived. Fsmash and Usmash never work on him since he SDI`s them every single time.

On the other hand I didnt do bad vs Yei`s MK, with wolf I almost took a match and when I tried to do MK dittos I failed miserably so... yeah...

PD: Mk is unbanned for a while here lol

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nice :D I haven't heard you mention Yei before, where's he from? And that's ridiculous @___@ I mean, Wolf might not be the best at killing against a careful opponent, but 230% is unreal. Congratulations on beating Ryan though, I remember you complaining about Marth not too long ago so this is reassuring :p

The people I play with frequently also SDI out of fsmash and usmash all the time, it's no fun :(

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Nice :D I haven't heard you mention Yei before, where's he from? And that's ridiculous @___@ I mean, Wolf might not be the best at killing against a careful opponent, but 230% is unreal. Congratulations on beating Ryan though, I remember you complaining about Marth not too long ago so this is reassuring :p

The people I play with frequently also SDI out of fsmash and usmash all the time, it's no fun :(

Haha Yei has always been our top 1, MK unbanned though. Interestingly enough, he is Ryan`s little brother :glare: I almost never face him on tourneys though, but Im sure I mentioned his wario once at least here.

Rizen

Smash Legend
10 year old boy: "What if a tiger chases us?"
Me: "I'll run real fast."
Boy: "Can you outrun a tiger?"
Me: "I don't have to. I just need to outrun you."

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Should I just start a new one? Or make one and link the old one to it and have it be a continuation? Or make it completely new and fresh because of how long it's been since the old one?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
10 year old boy: "What if a tiger chases us?"
Me: "I'll run real fast."
Boy: "Can you outrun a tiger?"
Me: "I don't have to. I just need to outrun you."
I'm not even kidding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-703811.html

http://www.wildcatsanctuary.org/about/why-a-sanctuary-is-needed/

http://www.wspa.ca/latestnews/2010/tragic_tiger_mauling_should_be_wake_up_call_for_ontario.aspx

I miss the wofl interview thread. :(
RSR talked about starting it up again and having mcpe be the person who goes.

Top Bottom