• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
Is there such a thing as male prostitutes?

There must be but I can't think of how they would fit into society

Also, is there a way to change my default settings for Brawl

I hate having to change it to 3 stock and 8 minute time limit every single time I want to brawl

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Going for a last hoorah at Apex. Prolly gonna start practicing next week til then. For now I'm confirmed (unless I get any calls from places I have applied to for jobs). After that I'll be done with smash for good.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
So I have seen the Hobbit twice already and it so great, it has a good mix of story plot and action. Any LotR fans should love it.

So I'm made at work since they are making work overtime during the holidays even though I only work on my break when I come home for school...wtf they must like me working

Also, think about coming to ASL's region Above the Influence (I think ish said he is interested) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330205

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'll see what I can do about Armageddon :3 unfortunately, it's next to impossible for me to make ATI, despite it being an awesome event that I'd love to support :( anyone that can make it out there should. Brawl singles + P:M singles. Their TOs run everything super efficiently, it's impressive.

:059:

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yep, end of my spring break so I might be able to work it out. My parents are visiting though, so idk. What events are on Saturday and which ones are on Sunday?

Also, are you confirmed for APEX yet? <3

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Trip information:
Thu, Jan 24 2013

Depart Chicago, IL, Union Station S Canal St south of Jackson Blvd. on January 24, 2013 7:00 AM arrive Cincinnati, OH, W 4th St at Race St at January 24, 2013 1:55 PM

Trip information:
Mon, Jan 28 2013

Depart Cincinnati, OH, W 4th St at Race St on January 28, 2013 6:30 PM arrive Chicago, IL, Union Station S Canal St south of Jackson Blvd. at January 28, 2013 11:15 PM

Sneak Ytaco said he would drive me to Columbus for the tournament but he said no housing of any kind.

I tried to get a lot of time here because last time was super inconvenient and ****.

Also because I'm sure you care, SFxMM is basically a flash game, bad level design and controls and buggy ****, awesome bosses and music, pretty cool weapons, but they don't really add much to the game play.

Hard to compare to MM1-10, not as good, clearly.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
Just spent 10 minutes taking screenshots of Wolf

You have no idea how sexy/cool/awesome/fearsome/dominant/unbelievably epic/savage he looks until you do this

Especially when you get that perfect shot where he is framed by the sun or you can see the moon in the background as he's howling

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dude, Desti is a pretty awesome teams player. One of the best in Europe, actually. Consider yourself lucky Ish!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Various characters, including Luigi, Kirby, Snake and DK. In teams MK as well though his Weegee is clearly his best character imo

clowsui

Smash Legend
Ish I can't come to APEX. Ticket prices shot up really suddenly and I don't have the $$ :( awful timing considering I came into an extra 200$ due to free phone ><;

Figuring out the schedule for Armageddon still

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
What Gheb said >=(

This is why we have credit cards lol, so you can buy things early and pay for them later, instead of get screwed out of traveling by skyrocketing flight prices. Ah well though, I'm sad that you won't be there, but hopefully I'll make it out to Armageddon to compensate.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Just picture a white guy. Draw straight lines on his face where his eyes would be. Give him a black haircut. Imagine someone who speaks really fast/fluently. You have Chi.

:018:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I was bored and stumbled upon webcomic, so I started reading it.
Then I saw this strip
http://www.sandraandwoo.com/comics/2009-04-16-[0051]-democracy.png

and it seemed familiar at first. Then I realized why. One of my college professors showed it to us in class. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was my communications professor back in my 1st semester, since I know he also showed us that "LEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!" video on youtube.

Nothing major, but I thought it was awesome anyways. It's funny to realize what my college professors are like and what they do with their spare time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Lol. Now the South Park model with everyone having to lose their recess because Cartman applies.

Good luck at Apex and Armageddon everyone!

Edit:
In the US there's a lot of talk about the deficit. A big thing I don't see mentioned about dealing with it is that we, the generations who are under 30 years old (I assume most people on this site are), have to pay for mistakes we didn't make. Don't read if you don't like US political stuff:

There’s a lot of BS going around. Did you do that thing in 4th grade where you have to tell what’s a fact and what’s an assumption/opinion (or complete BS)? I go by facts; you can’t build a rocket without accurate information. Facts are out there so use them and sources to see past the BS.

I like the way this article looks at things http://www.businessinsider.com/history-of-tax-rates?op=1 but I’ll need to check it myself. The basic idea of a way to reduce the deficit is to cut social security and benefit programs http://www.justfacts.com/socialsecurity.asp . The AARP does not approve of this http://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/pres...ont-Cut-Social-Security.html?intcmp=HP-spot1D . Given, it’s poorly calculated but who would suffer the most from these cuts? We would. We didn’t cause the deficit but we’re fighting the wars, (hopefully) finding jobs in the bad economy, paying more and more for higher education, living in an increasingly and abnormally hot climate (natural changes? So what happens to the gas emissions? Do they magically vanish into space or say, stay in the atmosphere trapping heat like a greenhouse?! Look at all the facts!), and worrying about getting gunned down (I’m in the Columbine and Batman shootings state btw), terrorists etc! And we don’t get the same social security as the people who caused this? WTF?! Sure you can ‘fix’ a broken foot by cutting it off but it’s hard to walk after that.

We as Americans need to deal with the problems for sure. But let’s be smart and not **** over our future in the process. This is my take:
Don’t fight wars we can’t afford and don’t need to, duh. http://www.globalissues.org/article/75/world-military-spending#WorldMilitarySpending
What are we gaining from all that? There’s a difference from being safe and throwing borrowed money at problems we shouldn’t on the backs of our generation then not giving them the basic social security!

Lol, I’m trying to keep this about the deficit and us not getting the raw deal but it keeps branching out. The main point is any version of trickledown economics is built on a flawed premise. The answer IMO is power to the people, support people and don’t assume the CEOs of businesses or the government will. Remember businesses are integrated in the government through lobbying; it’s not a smaller government when catering to them or by increasing military spending. It’s bigger. The so-called ‘benefits’ (people pay for and earn in work/service/etc) support the people and so does getting our healthcare running properly and par with other countries which is why I support those. We need to use facts (not buzzwords the ‘News’ throws out) and make smart not-cutting-our-foot-off choices. Politicians are elected representatives of the people (and they sometimes forget this). A big part of the trouble we’re in is because people got ****ed over but we didn’t stand up for ourselves or each other. This is not about left/right BS so don’t be fooled or polarized.

I’m too tired to continue today. There’s a lot of material and I won’t be the hollow man by saying I know all of it so I’ll pick up some other time. Get involved and make sure smart choices are made. Non-violently of course. Don’t leave it up to chance.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/hist.pdf

Edit 2
This is why I like the 99% and Occupy ideas. It's not really about people who make over $250k, many of them see the system as flawed too and want to pay their fair share. It's about not letting the rich pay proportionally less than they have in recent history and pass the burden on to everyone else instead. People pay into social security; if it takes drastic cuts we won't get what we already pay taxes for. And the programs will bleed possibly to death from lack of proper treatment. Did anyone see 'The 1%' South Park? This is about not making everyone work to hold up Cartman.

We should not have to pay for less or no security so the 1% who caused the economy can pay disproportionally low taxes. We, the younger citizens, would get a worse raw deal as time passes.
To put it simply: We'd be paying the people who screwed us.

There's smart ways to solve the deficit. I don't want to pay with my future so people can continue the same mistakes.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have an apartment picked out. I'll be moving in on the 29th with a roommate. Yay.

But now I have the chore of working out stuff like what utilities companies to use and all that stuff, and figuring out how we're going to move my furniture to the 3rd floor. But it'll get done.

And then I'll get to start looking for a job. And then after that, figure out what college to go to, etc. I'ma be busy for a while .-.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Lar Ways: Also no apocalypse!
Xarishro: pss, it's not the 21st here yet. :3
Lar Ways: Apparently it was 10 AM on my time
Xarishro: Hmm?
Lar Ways: The specific time for it, 10 AM here. So
Lar Ways: So it apparently should've happened even though it's not the 21st there*
Xarishro: ah
Xarishro: No one told me it was supposed to be on the 20th here :<
Xarishro: That makes it boring then lol
Lar Ways: Heheh
Lar Ways: I didn't know that until this morning, I assumed it meant 21st for over there
Lar Ways: Might be wrong about all this though. So you can keep your hopes up that it might still happen tomorrow.
Xarishro: Ah o:
Xarishro: Well I don't want the apocalypse to happen, so yeah xP
Lar Ways: Why not? You don't want us to kill off a zombie apocalypse together? D:
Xarishro: I just picked out an apartment today, I'd like to at least live in it first ;-;
Lar Ways: Ah, true
Lar Ways: Well I'll delay it for a couple of weeks for ya
Xarishro: Yay

According to my Aussie friend, the apocalypse didn't happen.

Top Bottom