• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
@tru is your logo image some kind of series or something? since when I was walking to my car from work and I saw a wolf with the same design on the rear window of some parked car

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Who said the apocalypse would happen at midnight anyways? And this is a several thousand year old prediction, I wouldn't be surprised if they were a few hours off.

:059:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Who said anything about midnight? o.O Also, 10 AM for Australia was about... 8 hours ago, or something like that

Edit: Also, isn't one of the reasons the Mayan calender such a big deal because of how accurate it was? I don't think they'd be a few hours off o.o

I dunno where my friend got the 10AM from though, but yeah. It's already 12-21-12 for most parts of the world, and it's already late afternoon on that day for some parts.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
People should ask me questions in the interview thread.

Ish infracted me for the 2nd response but it's still uncensored because Ish is a baller.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
I'm a noob and don't know how to multi quote so Ima gonna put in a lotta @s

@Rizen, the world has not ended

@Wolf McBlue, it might be I don't know, I just searched 'tribal wolf design' and that one was my favourite

@Isheymoro, the Mayans said the apocolypse was going to happen at midnight, they were wrong

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm a noob and don't know how to multi quote so Ima gonna put in a lotta @s
Click the orange '+' button at the bottom of each post you want to quote and it will turn into a check mark. On the last post you quote, click 'quote' and all the posts you clicked will be quoted in order on your reply.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have a wolf hoodie with a tribal wolf design on it. It's pretty cool. Also, the mayans didn't say the apocalypse would happen. They just ran out of space on their calender. That's it. People just interpreted that as "The world will end."

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I actually don't disagree with him 100%, though I don't want cops at schools, I think his heart is kind of in the right place on this topic. American males of his generation have a difficult time expressing it as so, especially those in power.

I mean, guns really aren't the problem, people have to obtain them, ammo and pull the trigger. Blaming guns is like blaming video games on a lot of levels. The "Only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" mentality is only wrong if you view it abstractly. People are still able to obtain drugs even though they are legal and it's not going to be much more difficult to find them (they don't grow on trees) The difference is that guns are ALWAYS deadly in the wrong hands.

So if there was some sort of Simpsons Halloween situation where everyone gave up their guns (and Kang and Kodos don't try to enslave humanity) I'm 100% in favor, we have enslaved every other threat, from the buffalo to the shark, to the point we no longer need guns for protection for the 10-year-old-boys who get slain by tigers.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I was thinking how crazy people would still find ways to kill students at schools without guns, but the closest example I can think of was an incident that happened at my high school where some middle-aged man walked onto the campus and jumped one of the students and pulled a knife on her, except he didn't actually get the chance to hurt her cause other students quickly pulled him off and pinned him down until the nearest officer got there. Dunno what his motive was though. I asked the girl (since she sat at my table in math) if she knew him or anything and she said no.

Also random fact because I'm tired and stuff. There was some creepy ol' pedophile that tried to coax me into his car a couple times back when I was in high school. 'course, I was smart enough to always be where people could see me and stuff so I was safe, though after the 2nd time, I just brought enough money to buy a shake at Baskin Robins so I could just go ahead and wait there for my 4 hours after school before getting picked up.

I have absolutely no idea what I just typed in those two paragraphs. I'm tired and exhausted and just kinda typed and stuff without thinking.

Rizen

Smash Legend
(Why do people respond to this and not social security? 90% of anything is prevention, you know.)
I mean, guns really aren't the problem, people have to obtain them, ammo and pull the trigger. Blaming guns is like blaming video games on a lot of levels.
You can't kill people by throwing a video game at them.
The difference between 23 stabbed http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20121215/lead/lead4.html
and fatalities http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/connecticut-school-shooti_n_2306678.html
is guns. Same day.

I'm not saying outlaw guns entirely but keep people from having the firepower to do ^that with regulation and not allowing assault weapons. Crimes require motive, meansand opportunity.

More to the point, aside from taxes to pay for police, keep guns out of schools, etc, what good is having a policeman in schools? Is he going to keep the psycho from killing himself after he guns down several kids? Can't the killer shoot people outside the school? If there was a policeman in the batman theater probably the same amount of people would have been shot; if the guy didn't have the guns to begin with... See my point? Driving is better regulated than gun control.
Having their hearts in the right place doesn't do much. 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'.

Rizen

Smash Legend
We need to invest in reflector technology. It's a great weapon that gets the job done despite only dealing 3% damage. Samus is low because she didn't think when packing her arsenal.

*sigh* depressed

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
(Why do people respond to this and not social security? 90% of anything is prevention, you know.)

The difference between 23 stabbed http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/connecticut-school-shooti_n_2306678.html
and fatalities http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/connecticut-school-shooti_n_2306678.html
is guns. Same day.

I'm not saying outlaw guns entirely but keep people from having the firepower to do ^that with regulation and not allowing assault weapons. Crimes require motive, meansand opportunity.

More to the point, aside from taxes to pay for police, keep guns out of schools, etc, what good is having a policeman in schools? Is he going to keep the psycho from killing himself after he guns down several kids? Can't the killer shoot people outside the school? If there was a policeman in the batman theater probably the same amount of people would have been shot; if the guy didn't have the guns to begin with... See my point? Driving is better regulated than gun control.
Having their hearts in the right place doesn't do much. 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'.
I completely agree with you, but what's with the links? They lead to the same Huffpost article.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also random fact because I'm tired and stuff. There was some creepy ol' pedophile that tried to coax me into his car a couple times back when I was in high school. 'course, I was smart enough to always be where people could see me and stuff so I was safe, though after the 2nd time, I just brought enough money to buy a shake at Baskin Robins so I could just go ahead and wait there for my 4 hours after school before getting picked up.

I have absolutely no idea what I just typed in those two paragraphs. I'm tired and exhausted and just kinda typed and stuff without thinking.

Uh, what? You didnt' take the strangers candy?

Because I don't have an educated opinion on that subject, this one is pretty easy.

You can 100% kill someone by throwing a video game at them, you could even suffocate them with it, cut them with it. You get some big NFL linemen swinging a sega saturn camecase at you and you'd probably get a concussion and miss a few weeks of football before the doctors would let you play again.

Also I said specifically that I don't agree with him but I like that he cares that kids are dying.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You can 100% kill someone by throwing a video game at them, you could even suffocate them with it, cut them with it. You get some big NFL linemen swinging a sega saturn camecase at you and you'd probably get a concussion and miss a few weeks of football before the doctors would let you play again.
Link can 100% win a major tourney but it doesn't happen much and is easier with MK :/

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Random question, but if I were to post something in a facebook group I'm in, would random people on my friend's list be able to see it too? Or only the people in the group?

rsr2

Smash Lord
If the group is public then your friends will see your post, if it's a private then only those in the group will see it.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
So I'm thinking about trying project M, any know how wofl is there? Is there anything I know to know about this game besides it being a mix of melee and brawl.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Do it!

I don't play Wolf too much but he's super fun. Too bad techskill is hard :( ask Sinister, iirc he was picking up Wolf in P:M before.

I mostly play Lucas and some Ivy, but mess around with a bunch of characters. ZSS/Pit are probably next on my list of characters I'd like to figure out. Squirtle/Charizard/Link/TL/Bowser/Wolf are fun but I doubt I'll take any of them to the same level any time soon. Also, lol Link in P:M.

:phone:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Not yet, although they have a thread on smashmods discussing it and whatnot. The game is still in beta and will be for quite some time, so idk if a tier list will be out any time soon.

:phone:

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
I played P:M a few times.
It´s really nice, but some Characters are really weird.
I play Sonic in P:M but will definitly try out Ivy in the next Demo.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
PM is sweet. I pretty much only play that these days.

Wolf is not my favorite character in that game, but I'm trying to figure him out. Despite the fact that aesthetically his moveset only has like 2 changes, functionally he's pretty different. You have to play him, like, almost completely differently. He's pretty solid though.

Top Bottom