• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

John102

Smash Cadet
Falco is no problem at all. Just take about 30% and you good! D3 is ballz
That's why I'm learning the Ice Climbers, they're DDD's worst match up, and on top of that I've always wanted to be a cheap ***.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
yeah i heard it was a common misconception that ice climbers was d3's worst match up. it's really MK right?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
D3 wins caz his hammer is bigger than both of theirs combined and he's bigger to and he has better range too

John102

Smash Cadet
One of DDD's worser MU's is IC's. There. No one can beat MK, he da bess.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I went to HOBO 26 today and failed cause I've so out of practice. Lost 2-0 to Fliphop's Diddy, then lost 2-0 to Kuro's Snake. I used Wolf and D3 once against both of them. Shoulda gone Wolf to begin with against Fliphop since I stood a chance with my Wolf, and shoulda gone D3 to begin with against Kuro's Snake.

:059:

John102

Smash Cadet
kk, doesn't matter anyway =3

Let's talk about the wolf/link MU. How I kill him without getting face-full of boomerang and zair?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
ya fire off yer pew pews then shine him and kick him in the face, same as any other MU

i think link is the same as toon link, just try and PS his projectiles, he's too slow to capatilize on your shield unlike tink. you can grounded or aerial shine through his zair then jab him
shine works wonders on gimping him as well but if you arent careful you go kablam

.AC.

Smash Lord
just remember that upon reflecting something you can cancel the shine with a jump or roll, its extremely useful as well as very overlooked. if he jumps and is facing towards you just remember his options. if you see him airdodge just roll behind him on reaction. btw shield camp as he doesn't have much options to get around shields.

pulse131

Smash Ace
heh. if theres anyone in this room that knows about that MU....
@AC - o.o didnt know you can jump or roll out of shine. ill have to remember that'n. prolly set my L button to jump if its that effective. at least against characters in which shine is used on the ground more often.
also, my first time hosting a tourney yesterday, decent turn out. used wolf THEE whole time.
lost to mk
beat an olimar
beat a gaymenwatch
beat a marph
lost to mk

.............. ya imma definitely switch mains already. tired of getting 4th just cuz of mks.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Went to a tourney yesterday... It was a round robbin with 11 other people. I technically "won" "4" of my matches. I beat one guy, the next two had to leave before we played and the last guy just didn't feel like playing XD

Anyway, most of my matches were recorded, so I should have some stuff fur critique as soon as Kira uploads them

.AC.

Smash Lord
heh. if theres anyone in this room that knows about that MU....
@AC - o.o didnt know you can jump or roll out of shine. ill have to remember that'n. prolly set my L button to jump if its that effective. at least against characters in which shine is used on the ground more often.
also, my first time hosting a tourney yesterday, decent turn out. used wolf THEE whole time.
lost to mk
beat an olimar
beat a gaymenwatch
beat a marph
lost to mk

.............. ya imma definitely switch mains already. tired of getting 4th just cuz of mks.
wolf/mk is 50:50

100% serious.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
you dont play good mk's or something. the pr mk's here in norcal never lose.
choice beat sean's mk multiple times recently actually.
He's beaten havok's MK, and nearly took a set vs DSF's MK.
He beats all mks that aren't top ranked.

It doesn't really seem like wolf loses to MK. More like the wolf PLAYER loses to the mk PLAYER. It seems more like a skill level difference rather than character difference. Also a lot of knowledgable smashers that have exposure to top wolf players believe wolf does pretty dam good against mk.

The matchup is getting closer and closer. I can give you some really helpful tips vs mk if you want, but it takes a lot of practice.

**Edit**
oh and kain beat dsf at MLG. Check the bracket ;-)

.AC.

Smash Lord
you dont play good mk's or something. the pr mk's here in norcal never lose.
i've played in socal a lot times, and i've beaten or at least went even with their top players(i was ranked for a period before i stopped attending), i think i've done enough to at least have some credibility, not to mention i frequently play with tkd's mk, enough to notice the matchup is even or at least really close to being so.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
At low levels it's like 70:30 MK, but as you reach the top of each character's metagame it's a lot closer to neutral. I have a feeling that's the way it is for a lot of MK's matchups though >__> Which would further support my "we all suck and need to get better at this game" theory :bee:

But really, Wolf is a good character, I swear D:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
wolf/mk is 50:50

100% serious.
No. Just no....
Keep in mind that AC mainly plays at mexican tournaments where the rules are a lot less reatarded than in the US. As far as I know they use TKD's ruleset where Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar are both banned (as they should be) and the timer is higher than 8 minutes as well (as it should be).

With these rules MKs best counterpick stages are Delphino and Frigate. Wolf beats MK on FD and is about even on SV. I guess MK wins on BF but it can't be a major advantage and Wolf does fine against MK on Delphino too so it's really only FO where MK has a clear advantage but Wolf still has FD, Halberd and Yoshi's Island as good stages. I'm undecided on how well Wolf does against MK on PS1 but it can't be a major difference.

tekkie

Smash Master
i counterpicked FO against havok at devastation and did better than battlefield :O

those close walls man

Top Bottom