• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Choice

Smash Champion
i believe wolf vs mk can be 50-50. AC also does have access to many amazing mk's to practice with so if theres anyone that would know, i think it'd be him.

D

Deleted member

i believe wolf vs mk can be 50-50. AC also does have access to many amazing mk's to practice with so if theres anyone that would know, i think it'd be him.
Meta Knight is actually one of my favorite matchups. I don't think it's that bad for Wolf, either.

D

Deleted member

Just because I don't mind playing him, I'm still in favor of a temp ban.

The sig will STAY. :090:

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i'm actually pro-ban, but that has nothing to do with how i feel about wolf vs mk match up.

just from a game theory standpoint, MK should be banned lol

Choice

Smash Champion
Metaknight is everything! He's all you ever wanted. I have no opinion on the meta ban cuz brawl would still have gays trick without him.
fixed.

mk's mu with wolf really isnt the deciding factor in whether or not he should be banned imo. just sayin.

edit: also if you guys have a AiB account, you should post a wolf > fox on trevonte's page. if not you should make an account and do it:
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Trevonte.ai

.AC.

Smash Lord
the deciding factor in whether he will be banned or not is how terrible everyone is against him.

Choice

Smash Champion
i think the real issue is the stages. the mlg stagelist was nice at first but mostly just cuz it was something new. people like new things. tj's ruleset is the best, no joke.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Can i get a link to that ruleset? TJ's, that is... I'm assuming Tijuana?

Choice

Smash Champion
Settings!
- 3 stock survival match
- 10 minute time limit
- All items set at "OFF" and "NONE"
- Team Attack "ON"

Stages!
- Starters: These and no more are to be set as "RANDOM".
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island....
....plus one out of Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
- Counter-picks
Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd....
....plus all starters and whichever of Lylat Cruise and Pokémon Stadium (Melee) isn't set as starter

Set procedure:
1. Character selection.
2. Stage selection of the first stage via stage striking or "RANDOM".
3. Once per set, the selection of a stage during said set may be banned by the previous match's winner.
4. The loser of the previous match declares the stage to be selected for the next match from the Starter or Counter-picks list. **Dave's stupid rule: A stage already won on during the current set cannot be selected.
5. The winner of the previous match selects a character.
6. The loser of the previous match selects a character.
7. The previous round's winner may disagree once per counter-pick process with the match-up resulted in, in which case steps 4~6 should be repeated.
8. The following match is to be played on the declared stage as the selected characters.
- Best of 5 finals sets, best of 3 the rest of the tournament's sets.

Stage striking procedure!
The stage striking procedure is that the player closest to controller port "P1" strikes the first stage, the other player strikes two and the first player mentioned strikes one more stage. The stage the first match to be played on is whichever one remains.

About controller port selection!
- Port disputes are to be solved via coin flip before the first round. In doubles matches, the winner of the dispute only selects the first port.
- The loser of the previous match in a set is allowed to select controller port first as part of the counter-pick (as if a dispute was won).

In case of ties!
- In case the time runs out while both teams have equal stocks, the team with the highest recorded ground time wins.
- If a match in which time didn't run out is tied, Sudden Death is to be played. Grabbing the ledge more than once during Sudden Death results in a loss. To the TO's discretion, a 1 stock rematch with a 3~4 minute time limit may be played instead of Sudden Death.

Banned techniques!
- If a player extends Meta Knight's Interdimensional Cape, said player is to be declared loser of the match.
- If a player produces Meta Knight's Drill Rush glitch in Halberd, said player is to be declared loser of the match.

Venue rules!
- La regla estúpida de TKD: Turn the T.V. off after each tournament set as to avoid the occurring of friendly matches.

Final notes!
- This rule-set hasn't been applied anywhere.
- There may be more effective rules I haven't thought of, as well as additional rules that some areas or regions may find necessary.

Old rules!
These were replaced by the ground time rule:
- 9 minute time limit: Since there's no 1 stock rematch or Sudden Death, it's better to have enough time for the match to actually finish; since the ground time rule discourages attempting to run the time out anyway. Match-ups that take very long are rare though (puff vs ic giving the time out win to ic and ddd vs ic which depends), so it could be up to the TO to be in complete disagreement with a match taking more than 9 minutes tops.
- The ledge grab rule: If player grabs the ledge 30 or more times during a match in which time runs out before either player/team loses every stock, said player is to be declared the loser of the match. Ledge grabs are to be checked even after a Sudden Death match is played if it was caused by a time out. The ledge grab rule has priority over Sudden Death's results in said case.
- If a Pit or Meta Knight player travels under the stage more than once in a row without stepping on the main stage (platforms don't count), said player is to be declared loser of the match.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
ahh thanks.... I'm not really fond of really strict stagelists just because i can imagine it getting boring... but this isn't necessarily about being boring :p

7. The previous round's winner may disagree once per counter-pick process with the match-up resulted in, in which case steps 4~6 should be repeated.
That's interesting... idk if i agree but it's interesting

Choice

Smash Champion
its to avoid really harsh counterpicks. like if i'm playing wolf against your mk, so i ban rainbow and you go fd so that i stay wolf and then you go d3 even though you dont play d3. thats giving the loser of the previous match too much power.

i like it.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I do too, for that purpose. I guess I'm just skeptical about how it actually plays out, if people "veto" things all the time, just because it's not perfect :p

Is Dedede THAT bad of a matchup, against someone who doesn't play him?

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
edit: I never thought i'd be the victim of a double post... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, been messing with Wolf more recently, and thinking I'm going to be using him as a secondary.

So yeah, hi, I'm a Kirby/Mario main who wants to play Wolf and Ganon on the side because I don't like covering my bad MUs XD

Also Auspher, if you think MK isn't too bad for Wolf, come to my next smashfest and I'll pull out my MK. Curious to see what it is that would make that MU not suck for Wolf.

EDIT: I think I know the basics of playing Wolf, and my Wolf is decent, but I need to know more about the character. Reading the "Can't let you do that Starfox" guide, but are there any other good threads anyone trying to pick up Wolf should look through?

.AC.

Smash Lord
you shouldn't really look that much in threads, i think the best thing to do when picking up a new character is to go through certain things you can do as well as looking through elements of the game and seeing how you can apply things with said character. for example you can think of common situations and the relevant options you have in them. take simply jumping near someone( lets pretend its a lucario) while facing away from them, your options are empty short hop, bair, baiting a fair or any other punishable action, airdodging through him and buffering a grab or simply just jumping away. then you look at the current situation and decide which option you think is the best. if you've been bairing his shield and then you airdodge and buffer a grab, it's not very likely he could have predicted it unless you've been doing the same thing over and over, also take into account what he might be thinking or how he feels. if he feels pressured then it's very likely he will do something to escape such pressure and then you can take advantage of that by baiting etc.

most importantly, PUNISHING IS NOT IMPORTANT (unless you are 100% sure you will hit).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Really? I thought Wolf had good punishing options?

Also, I figure you guys know more about your character than I do, but generally, what you described has been how I've been approaching learning this character.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i think you are misinterpreting what AC is saying. from what i understand, he means that if you aren't sure you can punish your opponent, it's okay to just roll away or something

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Tourney this weekend for me. And tourney after is gonna have so much hype: Ally, PA, Stingers, possibly Kadaj, Orion, MalCUM, and Md/Va in full effect. All near b-more meaning this tourney is gonna be around the 100's probably.

Oh and after tourney this saturday, Buffalo wild wings! :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When Wolf uses his Shine on lopsided ground he'll slide down the slope. If he's on a platform he'll drop to the ground below the platform, if it's near the ledge he will fall down and grab it (I "stole" that from a Yoshi player named Slice who does this with his down B). This works mainly on Yoshi's Island but it might work on Lylat as well.

Does anybody have frame data for it? Like, how long is Wolf invincible if he does Shine -> ledge grab?

Apparently Wolf can throw out a Shine on the slope of a platform but he remains lagless as soon as he slides off the ledge. Is it possible to throw out a completely safe shine in such a situation? What's the frame data for that? Can Wolf throw out a Nair / Fair / grounded move before the opponent gets a chance to react?

:059:

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
You don't need a slope for this, this works on every platform and edge if you have momentum.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Tourney this weekend for me. And tourney after is gonna have so much hype: Ally, PA, Stingers, possibly Kadaj, Orion, MalCUM, and Md/Va in full effect. All near b-more meaning this tourney is gonna be around the 100's probably.

Oh and after tourney this saturday, Buffalo wild wings! :)

If I find you at the PA one then I'll MM you 1$
hype
hype
hype

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Shine has invincibility from frame 1 to 9 and if you don't hold b it will end on frame 34. You grab the edge as soon as the shine ends and gain 46 frames of edge grab invincibility. So there are overall 55 frames of invincibility and 25 vulnerable frames.

This will never be totally safe, because you cannot cancel the cooldown of the shine in any case (well if you reflect something yes but otherwise not). Because of this there won't be any new combos, the frame advantage doesn't change at all.

Top Bottom