• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wofl Q&A/Social

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Dayam. I might go to that tourney if I don't have work.

If they don't have a problem with people who they've never met coming, that is.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Walk around and shield til they do something punishable then kill them
What do you do if your opponent refuses to commit to easily punishable moves? A lot of good players know when they are in killing range and what moves are going to kill them from where and %'s, so they likely won't throw any stupid moves at you that you can just bair/f-smash them for being stupid.

I'm being serious, that's part of why I lose to Tyser because he plays so ****ing safe with D3 that I wind up grabbing him at 180% instead of forcing a kill.

It almost seems as if I have to keep bair fresh to kill with :/

So yeah... if it isnt with Bair we cant force kills on smart players :/
I agree.

Also, it takes you 5 minutes to read my posts? I should also mention I don't approve of the lack of creativity in your meme creation.

2. Smart people don't run into spamming Dsmash.
Yes, sometimes they do, it worked on Kentucky's #1 PR'd player to the point he called me a wifi wolf. And sometimes you have to D-smash 3 times, or 4 or 5 times, but sometimes, eventually, they run into it (2 times is usually enough, but hell, why not 5). Obviously you have to watch your opponent to see what they are doing, if they stay in shield or retreat or use a projectile. You don't spam d-smash if they jump at you or you know they like to turtle and they are pros at power shielding/D3.

It's Mix ups, learning your opponent and making sure you don't over commit and know when your "tricks" aren't working. If the d-smash spam doesn't work, sometimes I won't use that idea for a while, or maybe I'll just try again because it's so demoralizing to fall for stupid **** like that.

I mean, if you have seen me play, it's not like every single time I try to kill I just spam d-smash. But if people think I'm going to just spam d-smash, it could mean a lot of things. Like they don't think I'm going to jump and fair them because my last kill I got from them being careless and running into a d-smash. They think I'm going to spam d-smash!

There, I think I actually gave some kind of insight. Not sure if it's good or if you agree, but it's actually what I think.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm okay with the fact that the first time I come here today, you guys mention fur cuddles. :applejack:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
What do you do if your opponent refuses to commit to easily punishable moves? A lot of good players know when they are in killing range and what moves are going to kill them from where and %'s, so they likely won't throw any stupid moves at you that you can just bair/f-smash them for being stupid.

I'm being serious, that's part of why I lose to Tyser because he plays so ****ing safe with D3 that I wind up grabbing him at 180% instead of forcing a kill.

It almost seems as if I have to keep bair fresh to kill with :/

I agree.

Also, it takes you 5 minutes to read my posts? I should also mention I don't approve of the lack of creativity in your meme creation.

Yes, sometimes they do, it worked on Kentucky's #1 PR'd player to the point he called me a wifi wolf. And sometimes you have to D-smash 3 times, or 4 or 5 times, but sometimes, eventually, they run into it (2 times is usually enough, but hell, why not 5). Obviously you have to watch your opponent to see what they are doing, if they stay in shield or retreat or use a projectile. You don't spam d-smash if they jump at you or you know they like to turtle and they are pros at power shielding/D3.

It's Mix ups, learning your opponent and making sure you don't over commit and know when your "tricks" aren't working. If the d-smash spam doesn't work, sometimes I won't use that idea for a while, or maybe I'll just try again because it's so demoralizing to fall for stupid **** like that.

I mean, if you have seen me play, it's not like every single time I try to kill I just spam d-smash. But if people think I'm going to just spam d-smash, it could mean a lot of things. Like they don't think I'm going to jump and fair them because my last kill I got from them being careless and running into a d-smash. They think I'm going to spam d-smash!

There, I think I actually gave some kind of insight. Not sure if it's good or if you agree, but it's actually what I think.
Then u grab them if they dont do anything, and that puts them in a bad position, u just said u wud grab Tyser at 180%. Like I'm not going to go thru everything about it. You can't force anything in this game, you can make players react, walking around and shielding is one of the best ways to do that, and if your opponent is just sitting in shield then you can start to grab. Only safe move we have to pressure is bair

If u get away with spamming dsmash then people you are playing are bad, cause dsmash is very punishable on shield unless its the back hit, that is why it's bad advice, spamming dsmash in high level matches gets you punished/killed.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Like I said, it worked in a 5 dollar MM vs Kryz, but I don't always spam d-smash, but sometimes I do and sometimes it gets 1 kill in a set.

I am rarely in a position where I am in a "high level match", and in those matches I'm either facing D3/Snake or the occasional Olimar, and those 3 characters are NOT ones that I would recommend spamming d-smash vs because of D3/Oli's grab and snakes grenades/up-tilt's range. But, I might go for the double d-smash every once in a while.

Also, I am specifically saying to spam d-smash for kills, not overall play.

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
I was just checking up here and taking a break from studying for finals and apparently something is going down about cuddling.

@Seagull: you are correct spamming dsmash isn't that smart. You just have to be patient to get that kill

Rizen

Smash Legend
You can't force anything in this game, you can make players react, walking around and shielding is one of the best ways to do that,

If u get away with spamming dsmash then you are using MK.
Adding a comment to this: I agree. However, some characters need to be pressured to react and like a passive opponent, TLink, Link, Snake/Olimar at times, G&W etc.

*fixed.
Like I said, it worked in a 5 dollar MM vs Kryz, but I don't always spam d-smash, but sometimes I do and sometimes it gets 1 kill in a set.

I am rarely in a position where I am in a "high level match", and in those matches I'm either facing D3/Snake or the occasional Olimar, and those 3 characters are NOT ones that I would recommend spamming d-smash vs because of D3/Oli's grab and snakes grenades/up-tilt's range. But, I might go for the double d-smash every once in a while.

Also, I am specifically saying to spam d-smash for kills, not overall play.
DDD's a fat sack of c*** and Snake's Utilt horizontal range is longer than Link's Fsmash1. That is all.
# of people who confused me with Doc King within the last 3 days: 4

:059:
Who is Doc King?
+15 points more for Austria.
What'cha talking about? Is this about a sport(s)?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So, two people have the strategy of "Wait for opponent to throw move, punish accordingly." Both of these players play by this STRICTLY! If no one throws out a move to poke shields, no one moves into an unsafe grab zone and people just play footsies, AND no one even jumps, the game is just going to end in a timeout 0%. Sure, some people have projectiles, but wolfs blaster is incredibly unsafe at times.

I'd actually love to watch that match.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So, two people have the strategy of "Wait for opponent to throw move, punish accordingly." Both of these players play by this STRICTLY! If no one throws out a move to poke shields, no one moves into an unsafe grab zone and people just play footsies, AND no one even jumps, the game is just going to end in a timeout 0%. Sure, some people have projectiles, but wolfs blaster is incredibly unsafe at times.

I'd actually love to watch that match.
Character dependent and this doesn't happen because brawl stages are too small for this. This only happens if they're planking.

-5 points for Nebraska.

In other news...I PASSED MY INTERNSHIP!

:018:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't see anything anywhere that says I don't agree with Kain, I'm just asking further questions and proposing insane things/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ok then, that's a good idea too! Better to understand why things work instead of just agreeing that they do, cause knowing why helps~
I think knowing why and experiencing it is the best way I personally develop my game.

I never said you didn't agree with Kain.

+5 points back for Nebraska.

:018:
That MD reading. KRD said something that came off that way. I was not speaking to you. Though I guess you might have thought I thought that you thought that because KRD said that so it's aight yo.

Thanks for the points though.

That's the Link in you talking.
I would have made your boomerang/(insert something awesome)ness happy tonight (I might have a few randoms interested in getting better in brawl!!!!!)

I landed a pulling boomerang into both hits of dair to d-smash as I landed.

Sidenote question:

This shouldn't incite a debate since this is so flat a question, I'm just curious.

Does anyone you know give a **** about the election this year? Back 4 years ago, Facebook was insane with political stuff and people were arguing left and right IN MAY about stuff, and it just got worse and more intense.

Now this year, all I read is "Go Ron Paul!" stuff. There doesn't seem to be any hype from the casuals in the least.

tekkie

Smash Master
Does anyone you know give a **** about the election this year? Back 4 years ago, Facebook was insane with political stuff and people were arguing left and right IN MAY about stuff, and it just got worse and more intense.

Now this year, all I read is "Go Ron Paul!" stuff. There doesn't seem to be any hype from the casuals in the least.
incumbent office holders are rarely voted out of office in a single term in all three government branches. no one cares on the republican side because whoever they choose will have an incredibly high chance of losing; vice versa for the democratic side.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentandcabinet/tp/One-Term-Presidents.htm

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sidenote question:
This shouldn't incite a debate since this is so flat a question, I'm just curious.

Why should 18-25 year old people care? All that effects them is they're the ideal military age, collage costs and they have to live with the decisions and effects of now for the rest of their lives:facepalm:

South Park illustrated it well in the giant d***** vs t*** sandwich episode. Everyone should vote. It's up to people to make a world for people but since we do have politics people should make their voices heard in the government too.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
As a person living in a democratic country where you are forced to vote, I disagree with your train of thought.

Rizen

Smash Legend
As a person living in a democratic country where you are forced to vote, I disagree with your train of thought.
It's possible that references I make aren't meant to be taken literally. I did use the word 'should' in my phrasing too.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't like the idea of people being forced to vote (the South Park used that 'Vote or Die' rap so I thought you were referring to a more serious, hypothetical scenario :/ ). But thinking on that further, Americans are forced to attend school until 16, forced to pay for insurance to drive, taxes, pay for sanitation, purchase taxes (gotta eat to live) etc. And voting rights have been jeopardized several times.

(This is meant for younger people but gets down to the issue concisely:
http://www.tolerance.org/activity/voting-rights-act-1965-and-beyond
"The Voting Rights Act was reauthorized in 1970, 1965, 1982 and 2006. In each instance, Congress looked at evidence that showed that African Americans’ voting rights were still in danger in the states identified in the original 1965 law. In 2009, the Voting Rights Act faced a challenge in the Supreme Court.
Recently new roadblocks have arisen that many people think threaten the hard-earned successes of the civil rights movement. In many states, new restrictions have been enacted for the stated reason of combating voter fraud. In reality, instances of voting fraud are nearly non-existent. The new restrictions actually threaten the voting rights of African Americans and Latinos, as well as young voters and low-income people.
(Voting groups who favor democrats, I will add.)

And I do favor everyone having insurance.

http://beyondhealthcarereform.com/2011/01/looking-ahead-to-2014-individual-mandate/
"Beginning in 2014, individuals will be subject to a mandate—required to have health insurance—or be subject to a fee. Generally, the fee will be $695 by 2016. (See new Code Section 5000A.) However, if the premium for an employee’s employer-provided health insurance coverage is more than 8% of the employee’s modified household income, the employee is not required to have health insurance and will not be subject to the fee. The 8% is calculated using the least expensive, self-only health insurance premium option offered by the individual’s employer-sponsored health insurance plan. For a household income of $30,000, if the premium is more than $2,400, the individual is not required to have health insurance coverage, but if the premium is $2,400 or less, the individual must have health insurance coverage or pay the penalty."
(I scratched myself on a barbed wire last year; it would have cost me over $1,000 for the tetanus shot. When my grandpa fell and fractured his leg the ambulance ride alone was >$1,400).

I don't know Aussie history. Actually I'm really ignorant of laws outside the US :/ . All I can say now is not being forced to vote has downsides too and can potentially, really s**** with the system.
BTW, how much is the fine?

Edit:
Everyone stopped posting for 7 hours?
Helping the gears start to move:
Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01
Gheb_01 Gheb_01 Gheb_01

That namesearch bait.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
incumbent office holders are rarely voted out of office in a single term in all three government branches. no one cares on the republican side because whoever they choose will have an incredibly high chance of losing; vice versa for the democratic side.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentandcabinet/tp/One-Term-Presidents.htm
good response. But I just find it funny that people who would chastise you over your allegiance/lack of an allegiance vs their candidate last year don't even know serious issues outside of online piracy and "the economy sucks".

Not saying I know anything, but idgaf
because this isn't the forum to go further, lol
. was just curious to know if it was the same around the US or not.

Why should 18-25 year old people care? All that effects them is they're the ideal military age, collage costs and they have to live with the decisions and effects of now for the rest of their lives:facepalm:

South Park illustrated it well in the giant d***** vs t*** sandwich episode. Everyone should vote. It's up to people to make a world for people but since we do have politics people should make their voices heard in the government too.
Well, they should care because of propaganda and the idea that their idea might make a change for the better, even though quite a few people these days are so cynical that they learn they are being lied to at a young age.

Yes, south park said it the best, but the message I got out of it was that in the end we're all screwed because the people who are put into office are owned by special interest groups and are so pruned by society to even be real humans.

"But Stan, don't you know, it's always between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Nearly every election since the beginning of time has been between some douche and some turd. They're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics. "

I think I kept that PG-13 :p

I think it's pretty silly that they would force people to vote, unless they had some kind of poll exam to become eligible. Some people do people a favor by not voting because they don't understand the issues and the implications of their votes.

Yeah otherwise we get fined lol.
Seagull should assign points for this imho.

I don't like the idea of people being forced to vote (the South Park used that 'Vote or Die' rap so I thought you were referring to a more serious, hypothetical scenario :/ ). But thinking on that further, Americans are forced to attend school until 16, forced to pay for insurance to drive, taxes, pay for sanitation, purchase taxes (gotta eat to live) etc. And voting rights have been jeopardized several times.

(This is meant for younger people but gets down to the issue concisely:
http://www.tolerance.org/activity/voting-rights-act-1965-and-beyond
"The Voting Rights Act was reauthorized in 1970, 1965, 1982 and 2006. In each instance, Congress looked at evidence that showed that African Americans’ voting rights were still in danger in the states identified in the original 1965 law. In 2009, the Voting Rights Act faced a challenge in the Supreme Court.
Recently new roadblocks have arisen that many people think threaten the hard-earned successes of the civil rights movement. In many states, new restrictions have been enacted for the stated reason of combating voter fraud. In reality, instances of voting fraud are nearly non-existent. The new restrictions actually threaten the voting rights of African Americans and Latinos, as well as young voters and low-income people.
(Voting groups who favor democrats, I will add.)

And I do favor everyone having insurance.

http://beyondhealthcarereform.com/2011/01/looking-ahead-to-2014-individual-mandate/
"Beginning in 2014, individuals will be subject to a mandate—required to have health insurance—or be subject to a fee. Generally, the fee will be $695 by 2016. (See new Code Section 5000A.) However, if the premium for an employee’s employer-provided health insurance coverage is more than 8% of the employee’s modified household income, the employee is not required to have health insurance and will not be subject to the fee. The 8% is calculated using the least expensive, self-only health insurance premium option offered by the individual’s employer-sponsored health insurance plan. For a household income of $30,000, if the premium is more than $2,400, the individual is not required to have health insurance coverage, but if the premium is $2,400 or less, the individual must have health insurance coverage or pay the penalty."
(I scratched myself on a barbed wire last year; it would have cost me over $1,000 for the tetanus shot. When my grandpa fell and fractured his leg the ambulance ride alone was >$1,400).

I don't know Aussie history. Actually I'm really ignorant of laws outside the US :/ . All I can say now is not being forced to vote has downsides too and can potentially, really s**** with the system.
BTW, how much is the fine?

Edit:
Everyone stopped posting for 7 hours?
Helping the gears start to move:
I think that's information people should know and I agree with a lot of your commentary.

But I think education should be SEVERLY encouraged, people should get their high school diploma and college should be way cheaper than it is and loan interest rates are silly and life is precious and god and the bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9AWIhOwlmo

Rizen

Smash Legend
^cute

I woke up feeling like a jeep ran over me, ugh. My dreams are very vivid in every way; I wish I didn't have to sleep, period.
I heard some people only dream in greyscale; is that true?

depressed/feel sick

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've heard that some people do dream in grey. My dreams are always in color though. And about half of mine aren't anything special and the other half feel very real. Though I do have a lot of dreams that I can control too. I mean, I like those dreams better than normal dreams, but they aren't quite as cool as you'd expect. Mainly cause it sucks to wake up and realize that it was all a dream and wasn't real.

:059:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hate dreaming. The more despairing the elements the less saturation they have. I usually can control my dreams to an extent, know when I'm dreaming and can wake myself up.

net sharing :/
facepalm

Top Bottom